E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/18/2012 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased E.L.F.'s facial whip in lilac petal for $1 at Target. It comes in this little plastic tube with a very similar looking liquid as Benefit's High Beam. Even though it says lilac, it was more pinkish to me. It lasted just as long as Benefit's High Beam and the coloring was the same. The formula didn't feel heavy on my face and it didn't cause me to get oily like the High Beam. Since the applicator is a tube, you would just squeeze it out and you're not touching the inside of the container and the rest of the product.

ELF's Essential Shimmering Facial Whip was a great dupe for Benefit's High Beam. the container is less heavy, application is more sanitary and the results are the same for WAAAY CHEAPER! and there's more colors to choose from on their website.

Quick update: the tube gets messy - for some reason, the product oozes out a little while your twisting the cap back on. I just wipe it and move on...

on 5/25/2012 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I picked this up at target since it was only a dollar. It works great as a highlighter. I put a little on my cheekbones and under the brow bone and it just takes my basic daily makeup to next level. For a dollar this is fantastic. I've used other cream highlighters before that were a lot more expensive and there isn't a difference in quality between this one at a dollar, and others at $15 +. This product also does not make me break out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great little highlighter/ multi-use product! The lilac color is probably suitable for all skin tones too. I like that it's not a bulky package, it's only $1, and it has a nice fruity smell. I use this on my cheeks, and my eyelids. And since it's only $1 you can grab an extra tube to keep in your purse for touch ups. Pretty great in my book.

on 4/13/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pure shimmer, no glitter in this highlighter! Definitely a good dupe for high beam at a fraction of the cost. A little bit highlights my skin beautifully with a slightly cool white-pink sheen.

I tried it on my eyelids and it looked BEAUTIFUL but it wore away fairly quickly. I'm going to get the elf primer and try to use them together for better results. I'll also order in some other shades as well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

SO surprised at how well this works! Does exactly what I want-Add some shimmer to my cheeks with the slightest bit of color to it. Not glittery, just gives a gorgeous glow. Stoked its only a buck!

on 3/10/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Having heard good things about e.l.f., i decided to check out some of their products. Among those i picked up was a tube of Lilac Petal Shimmering Facial Whip.
There is nothing particularly lilac about this. It is a pale, warm, beige-y pink. However, they weren't kidding when they say shimmering - this stuff is very frosty. It isn't whipped in any way i can tell - it's a rather thin cream.
The tube is tiny, but whaddaya want for a dollar. Like nearly all the e.l.f. products i've tried, it smells bad, but, then, i'm not gonna put this on my mouth or otherwise near my nose (the e.l.f. lip gloss i got i will never use because the chemical perfume stench was appalling).
I always shake it up first to make sure all components are well blended. Somehow i manage to control what comes out of the tube just fine. All you need is a teeny tiny drop for each cheek to get one heckuva lotta shine. I'm between NC15 & 20, and i just put this on top of and above my cheek bone. Because it's so frosty, i put this on first, then buff on powder blush to tone it down a bit. Be sure to just use a little, otherwise you could end up looking like a mirror ball.
It's hella cheap, so if you can't afford anything better - which i can understand in this time of financial difficulty - this stuff works just fine as a highlighter. I have other highlighters i prefer, but the tiny tube fits in a small travel kit, so sometimes i take it to performances.
I won't repurchase, but it was definitely worth a dollar and the price may be just right for other people, since it certainly delivers highlighting shimmer.

on 3/3/2012 9:42:00 PM

I bought this based off another person with NC15 skin. I love it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this for a dollar at Target, excited because I was looking for an affordable highlighter. On the packaging it says it's a miracle WHIP. The first time I was going to use the product, it came out like liquid, spilling everywhere. So disappointed, because ELF hasn't disappointed me till now. When I tried to apply the highlighter in its watery state, it barely illuminated my skin/served the purpose. Definitely not buying again.

on 12/7/2011 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I mixed a tiny bit to my foundation and was very pleasedwith the results. I really wanted to get jouer skin illuminator but to quite expensive. There isn't enough liquid highlighters at the drug store. I felt lucky to find a much cheaper alternative.

on 11/25/2011 7:35:00 PM

This gives my cheeks the prettiest glow! And its only $1! Keep in mind, a little bit goes a longg way!