September 16, 2014 | 2099 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Pure shimmer, no glitter in this highlighter! Definitely a good dupe for high beam at a fraction of the cost. A little bit highlights my skin beautifully with a slightly cool white-pink sheen.

I tried it on my eyelids and it looked BEAUTIFUL but it wore away fairly quickly. I'm going to get the elf primer and try to use them together for better results. I'll also order in some other shades as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by my4kidsarecuter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SO surprised at how well this works! Does exactly what I want-Add some shimmer to my cheeks with the slightest bit of color to it. Not glittery, just gives a gorgeous glow. Stoked its only a buck!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having heard good things about e.l.f., i decided to check out some of their products. Among those i picked up was a tube of Lilac Petal Shimmering Facial Whip.
There is nothing particularly lilac about this. It is a pale, warm, beige-y pink. However, they weren't kidding when they say shimmering - this stuff is very frosty. It isn't whipped in any way i can tell - it's a rather thin cream.
The tube is tiny, but whaddaya want for a dollar. Like nearly all the e.l.f. products i've tried, it smells bad, but, then, i'm not gonna put this on my mouth or otherwise near my nose (the e.l.f. lip gloss i got i will never use because the chemical perfume stench was appalling).
I always shake it up first to make sure all components are well blended. Somehow i manage to control what comes out of the tube just fine. All you need is a teeny tiny drop for each cheek to get one heckuva lotta shine. I'm between NC15 & 20, and i just put this on top of and above my cheek bone. Because it's so frosty, i put this on first, then buff on powder blush to tone it down a bit. Be sure to just use a little, otherwise you could end up looking like a mirror ball.
It's hella cheap, so if you can't afford anything better - which i can understand in this time of financial difficulty - this stuff works just fine as a highlighter. I have other highlighters i prefer, but the tiny tube fits in a small travel kit, so sometimes i take it to performances.
I won't repurchase, but it was definitely worth a dollar and the price may be just right for other people, since it certainly delivers highlighting shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Sasy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this based off another person with NC15 skin. I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by truthaboutforeverXO

I got this for a dollar at Target, excited because I was looking for an affordable highlighter. On the packaging it says it's a miracle WHIP. The first time I was going to use the product, it came out like liquid, spilling everywhere. So disappointed, because ELF hasn't disappointed me till now. When I tried to apply the highlighter in its watery state, it barely illuminated my skin/served the purpose. Definitely not buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by nedy1105

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mixed a tiny bit to my foundation and was very pleasedwith the results. I really wanted to get jouer skin illuminator but to quite expensive. There isn't enough liquid highlighters at the drug store. I felt lucky to find a much cheaper alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by gabbyyd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This gives my cheeks the prettiest glow! And its only $1! Keep in mind, a little bit goes a longg way!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by itsrainingsunshine

I really like this product! It adds a light, but beautiful highlight of shimmer to your cheekbones and browbone! It smells really amazing too! For $1, its definitely worth it! The only problem I've had with this product is that it gets runny after a few months, but for $1, its easy to replace!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by breakawaysue

I was really wanting to love this, I do use the much more expensive No. 7 mouse eyeshadow and thought this might be a much less expensive substitute. In general I like my other elf products, but this is not one of them. Will not buy again.

PROs:
-Excellent price
-The idea of a multi-use product is good (eyes and lips for me)
-Extremely glittery (is is a shimmer after all)
-I like the tube and while the consistancy is a little liquidy, it was close enough to the mouse types I like that I'm happy with that.
-It does come off easily with make-up remover, no residue glitter left.

CONs:
-Not at all the color in the package, much more of a whitish color, but it is a pretty color once you figure that out.
-As an eyeshadow it feels sticky like I have honey on my lids two hours after putting it on, yet the color was fading and creasing, even with the elf primer. So how if can be gone and sticky at the same time is weird I know.
-When tried on lips it was horrible smelling, tasting and dried in a ring around the outside of my lips. Luckily it washed off fairly easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really love this stuff. I've been eyeing it for a while. Every time I venture into Target I stand there & stare at the stuff contemplating if I should bother. Well, one day I finally took the plunge and man, I'm so glad I did! This stuff is the business in a small tube! While it appears beige in the tube, the underlying pigment is definitely lilac. A little goes a very long way. It is watery, so I shake the tube before I open it. I apply it on my cheekbones, brow bones, and inner corners of my eyes and the effects are amazing. My face is brighter, I look more awake, and I get a ton of compliments. I would like to try this stuff in the other shades, just to see if any others are more complimentary. For $1, I'll buy them all!