April 21, 2014 | 1091 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by truthaboutforeverXO

I got this for a dollar at Target, excited because I was looking for an affordable highlighter. On the packaging it says it's a miracle WHIP. The first time I was going to use the product, it came out like liquid, spilling everywhere. So disappointed, because ELF hasn't disappointed me till now. When I tried to apply the highlighter in its watery state, it barely illuminated my skin/served the purpose. Definitely not buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by nedy1105

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mixed a tiny bit to my foundation and was very pleasedwith the results. I really wanted to get jouer skin illuminator but to quite expensive. There isn't enough liquid highlighters at the drug store. I felt lucky to find a much cheaper alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by gabbyyd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This gives my cheeks the prettiest glow! And its only $1! Keep in mind, a little bit goes a longg way!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by itsrainingsunshine

I really like this product! It adds a light, but beautiful highlight of shimmer to your cheekbones and browbone! It smells really amazing too! For $1, its definitely worth it! The only problem I've had with this product is that it gets runny after a few months, but for $1, its easy to replace!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by breakawaysue

I was really wanting to love this, I do use the much more expensive No. 7 mouse eyeshadow and thought this might be a much less expensive substitute. In general I like my other elf products, but this is not one of them. Will not buy again.

PROs:
-Excellent price
-The idea of a multi-use product is good (eyes and lips for me)
-Extremely glittery (is is a shimmer after all)
-I like the tube and while the consistancy is a little liquidy, it was close enough to the mouse types I like that I'm happy with that.
-It does come off easily with make-up remover, no residue glitter left.

CONs:
-Not at all the color in the package, much more of a whitish color, but it is a pretty color once you figure that out.
-As an eyeshadow it feels sticky like I have honey on my lids two hours after putting it on, yet the color was fading and creasing, even with the elf primer. So how if can be gone and sticky at the same time is weird I know.
-When tried on lips it was horrible smelling, tasting and dried in a ring around the outside of my lips. Luckily it washed off fairly easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really love this stuff. I've been eyeing it for a while. Every time I venture into Target I stand there & stare at the stuff contemplating if I should bother. Well, one day I finally took the plunge and man, I'm so glad I did! This stuff is the business in a small tube! While it appears beige in the tube, the underlying pigment is definitely lilac. A little goes a very long way. It is watery, so I shake the tube before I open it. I apply it on my cheekbones, brow bones, and inner corners of my eyes and the effects are amazing. My face is brighter, I look more awake, and I get a ton of compliments. I would like to try this stuff in the other shades, just to see if any others are more complimentary. For $1, I'll buy them all!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by emisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging is awful!

First, a bunch of runny liquid came out.

Then, once the actual product came out, too much came out at once, and it was really hard to use - I'll have to squeeze it onto a piece of paper/palette or something next time, then use a brush to apply and blend it in.

Waaay too difficult to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Very beautiful highlighter, also quite pigmented. It has just the right creamy consistency to make it really easy to apply. The only con really is the squeeze tube, it's easy to get too much product out. It smells of oranges but the scent doesn't bother me too much. The only problem is that sometimes a weird liquid comes out instead of the actual product and even shaking the tube doesn't help.
I'm convinced that if this was packed in a nicer bottle/tube it could be mistaken for a HE product.
I have poured this into a different container and it hasn't dried out and it works much better than the tube, you just have to squeeze out the liquid first.
BTW if you like this product but e.l.f.'s Shimmer palette, the second color is identical to ''Lilac petal'', just so much easier to use. It's only 3 dollars (4 in Europe) and you get three other colors as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a VERY pigmented and VERY shimmery cream highlighter that comes in a tube. The color is more of a silvery taupe and has no trace of lilac as the name, "Lilac Petal" suggests. It has a subtle sugary orange scent which does not linger. The tube should last quite a while as all you need is a few dabs. When I applied it directly to my cheek it seemed to dry quickly making it difficult to spread around and was VERY shimmery. I prefer to mix a TINY amount with my moisturizer for a subtle glow. Unfortunately, when I tried it as an all over glow (mixed with moisturizer) my face was still too shimmery. It's best used as a highlighter (cheeks, brow bone, Cupid's bow).
I believe a more warmer tone may work better for me in the summertime when I'm tan (maybe Toasted or Golden Peach).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by makeupwoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

So I heard that this was a pretty decent facial highlighter and I knew that they carried it at my local Target so I picked a tube up and decided to try it out. After using it for a week and a little trial and error, I've decided that I like it and I'm going to order more.

Pro vs. Cons

Pros
1. Great Pigmentation
2. Nice shimmer and highlight.
3. Creamy formula that dries well with no greasy feel.
4. Several different colors/shades that can easily match and compliment any skin tone.

Cons
1. That great pigmentation means that it can be very easy to overdo it.
2. Thick formula can make it a little difficult to blend in well.

The biggest complaint that I have heard about the product is that it's hard to blend in well. There is definitely some truth to this since it is quite thick and dries rather quickly as I discovered the night I first tried it and my cheekbones wound up bearing a strong resemblance to those of The Silver Surfer. There is a cheap and easy fix to this, however: Take a small dab of your regular facial moisturizer or your foundation, and mix it with the amount of the whip you need for highlighting. This thins out the product and provides the same kind of subtle glow and highlight that I get from Benefit High Beam, but without the associated price tag.