April 24, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Crosswires

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know if there's much point in adding to the range of existing glowing reviews, but I guess I may as well add mine too! This is a great lipstick colour - a pretty pinky coral that really brightens up my face without screaming "hi I'm lipstick!!" I mean, I actually love super bright colours, but they're not necessarily right for every outfit every day. I don't have to think about what I'm wearing with this colour - I just put it on and it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is on the bright side but still very wearable. The color is a darker somewhat bright slightly reddish coral. It is darker and more red than Costa Chic. The formula is moisturizing and when you apply it, you are in for a full day/ day 1/2 commitment - very long lasting and stains the lips. The only way to remove it is with makeup remover. It's pretty but I haven't reached for it lately - maybe more for the fall! NC15/NW20

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by annang

I love this color, its a beautiful coral- leaning closer to the pink side. It is enough to give you a clean pop of color but not overdone so it's good for an every day lipstick. Love the cream finish which feels really good and moisturizing on the lips. I would not say that this wears the entire day with eating / drinking. Would need to reapply every 3-4 hours I would say. It is not too pigmented but enough color for a medium coverage. Really pretty on asian skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this would look amazing on tanned skin! As for now I am more on the pale side and this looks a little bit too bright/reddish on me. However I will definitely look into this in the summer time as its a lovely warm coral color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by originalskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Up until two weeks ago, there was not a single MAC representative among the 30+ lipsticks I own. I don't have anything against MAC, it is just difficult to shop at the counters due to the chaos that seems to reign most days, and the sometimes off putting attitudes of the employes. I have been happy with my online purchases, but hesitated to try to buy a lipstick without being able to try it. I decided to increase my chances of a successful online lippie purchase by sleuthing around here on Makeup Alley and seeing what my fellow addicts were giving good reviews on. This was one of the three lippies I ordered. I have wanted a coral/pink lipstick that had no orange in it for a long time, and have not had any luck with finding one that I liked. That all changed when the package from MAC arrived with Crosswires in it. In the tube, it is a bright pink/coral, a little scary in its brightness. However, when applied on my NC 35 skin with a light hand, it lit my face up like my own personal spotlight! My eyes seemed bluer, my skin seemed brighter....MAGIC! I have never had a lipstick that made such a profound difference in my appearance! I have worn it three times, with three different outfits/makeup combinations to make sure I could attribute the extra oomph to the lipstick, and it worked every single time. I received compliments from women I did not know on each occasion! Applied lightly it seems to merge with my lips, not leave a heavy opaque layer that just sits on the lips, though if you choose to apply heavily you may have an issue unless you carefully work with it, but because the pigmentation is so saturated, you should not have to lay it on heavily and can avoid any garishness. The pink and coral are nicely balanced and just look lovely. The finish of the cremesheen is a great balance between lasting finish and healthy dewy moisture. It did not move off my lips, but stayed firmly in place, even with a gloss on top. It wears off naturally, and looks good through the whole process. My lips did not feel dry at all. I adore this lipstick, and will be more willing to brave the counter in the future if this is the kind of gem MAC has behind the craziness and the attitudes, it is worth it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by HollySnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous colour! In fact, I wore this on my wedding day a few years ago. Really great for every day wear. This and the sadly discontinued 'Cyndi' are favourites of mine. I find it's very moisturising. The colour doesn't last all day by any means but I don't mind reapplying when I need to. The shade is what matters most to me and this one's lovely. Will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by ParisNymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Can't say how much I love this color. When I don't want to go super bold but still have a bright coral color on my lip, this is what I usually wear during Summer.

It looks very pinkish coral on my pigmented lips and against my NW15, which I absolutely love. Orange corals don't look good on me. I can just wear this with some eyeliner and blush and I get a look that works for day and night (just make the eyeliner a little more dramatic for nighttime).

The only problem I have with it is the way it wears off. I can't just reapply. I usually have to wipe it off and then reapply. And it bleeds a little on my lips, but that's honestly minor complaining that I can totally live with. I love this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by PinkChicken

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the colour, it is a good mix of coral and pink. However I hate the texture, it is too creamy and budges way too easily. It doesn't stay on the lips and it won't stain. If you blot it, it disappears.

I wish MAC would come up with a matte version of this colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by BiancaC

I just found the perfect lipstick for me. I love the consistency, texture and most of all the beautiful Peach/Pink color. It literally brightens up my face and is so creamy. I wish of course that it wasn't Limited Edition:*(. You know MAC, right when you love something they discontinue it,LOL.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jadore234

I bought this lipstick when the first warm days of the year came and I had an obession about coral lips.
I went to MAC and bought it right awaoy. I cannot believe I haven't noticed that one before! Never heard of it. Totally underestimated product. Beautiful colour for summer, I keep on using it in autumn, with Melba Blush and sometimes with with some Lychee Luxe lipglass over it, which I bought together with the lipstick.
The only think I don't like is
that in my opinion it bleeds like crazy, it melts off my lips in minutes. I tried to keep it in place with REDD lipliner, used a brush or pushed it in with my finger like a stain, but I can't make it last. Normally I don't care much about staying power, but with this one, it is particularly annoying.
It's the only cremesheen I have besides Creme d'Nude. Maybe it's the finish.