July 23, 2014 | 1839 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Medieval

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As others have mentioned, Medieval gives the lips just a beautiful natural looking hint of red. The best way I can describe it is if I had naturally rosebud red lips and put a swipe of lipbalm over them. Such a perfect, pretty look that brightens my face. I never imagined I would wear red lipstick, but this actually looks more natural than any other shade I have worn. Will buy another for my purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by jlc102482

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

If red lipstick tends to turn magenta or fuschia on you, then I am afraid this product will not work. I am one of those people, and even with one or two swipes of this very sheer product, I ended up with magenta lips. ARGH.

I thought it was expensive, considering how much you need to use to get any color going on your lips. It's in a lipstick tube and is shaped like lipstick, but it's definitely sheer. I'd compare its consistency and pigmentation to Colorslicks lip gloss.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mermaidshimmer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, these lipsticks contain parabens, which are linked with breast cancer.

A healthier alternative to Medieval, for me, has been to use Burts Bees Lip Balm underneath a light layer of one Clinique's buttershine lipsticks. When paired with a light coat of Cranberry Cream, this looks almost exactly like Medieval on me but minus all of the toxic chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very flattering lipstick. The sheer texture makes it easy to layer, so it can go from a wash of cherry to a dark sultry finish. It's a bit drying so it's not quite perfect, but otherwise it's a win.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite lipstick of all time.

After reading raves here I expected great things and I got it. Medieval is the only red I have ever felt comfortable wearing during the day, and I find I reach for it more than any other. It brightens my complexion and makes my lips look so moisturised and lush.

It feels great on the lips but is short-lasting (I wouldn't expect a sheer to last long, though) and i've found i've gone through the tube pretty quickly as you have to apply a lot of it to get enough colour.

Don't use a liner with it - its nicer as a natural flush of colour without edges.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice lipstick for girls who don't like to wear lipstick. I've used Clinique Black Honey on and off for years, because I love how sheer, light and natural it is. But since I like to get out of my rut once in a while, I tried Poppy King Medieval. It's very comparable in terms of consistency and colour payoff. It's a balmy cherry red colour with no scent. Black Honey is browner but otherwise the products are very similar.

Also, I love the shiny red metal tube (as well as the illustrations on the cardboard!).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by greytabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The first lip product I've bought that is causing me to write a review. I would definitely buy this again, a little more than sheer, but not a red lipstick. My lip bag will not be complete without this now. My new favorite!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this would be more of a wine red shade but the color seems just a little off to me. I can't put my finger on it but I have a hard time liking it. After reading all of the reviews on MUA it seems like the shade is a chameleon, wearing differently on each person. So maybe it is just my natural lip color that is not reacting well to it. I love the formula though. It is very sheer and moisturizing but doesn't have must staying power at all, even less than the Saint line. The jury is out on whether I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by GtownMermaid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Luv, luv, luv the sheer lip color of Medieval!

From the first time I put it on, I knew I would be hooked as it's truly everything I want in a lippie. Looking at it inside the tube initially, I was concerned it would be too red but no worries, because for me, it's the perrrrfect pinky-plum-rose that doesn't scream "I'm wearing red lipstick!". I actually thought to myself "Iook at those rosebud lips!" It's a great match to my own medium pink-red lips and it makes them feel oh-so-luscious as it moisturizes them to kissable softness even if they get a little dry. It's not sticky & has no turnoffs in taste or smell, and only the very slightest bit of shimmer & shine. The color lasts all morning, even thru 2 cups of coffee, and I re-apply after lunch. It is much like a stain - I swatched some on my hand & rubbed hard for a minute or so, & altho it seemed to be removed, I still detect some color on my fair-medium skin.

The tube is beautiful & feminine and altho this is pricy at $20, I don't have to keep spending money to find the perfect pigment when all I want is a moisturizing sheer wash of color. Given that one good swipe on top & bottom lips gives me the color I want, this should last a long, long, time.

Medieval is the HG lippie that I don't want to be without. Will def. repurchase again & look forward to trying other products from Lipstick Queen.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by dkarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product! Gives me a lovely, soft cerise colour. Not too much drama, but still visible. What was a very pleasant surprise to me at first is that I can apply it without having to use lipbalm first, which is something I've gotten used to with drier lipsticks. This one is a balm and a colour in one, which is wonderful. Long lasting, moisturizing, and lovely looking, this product leaves my lips enticing in colour and soft to the touch!