October 20, 2014 | 914 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Medieval

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love everything about this lipstick. It is a beautiful, true red that is truly neutral - it doesn't pull pink or orange on me. It is very emmolient and it is my go to when my lips are dried or chapped. It is sheer - I would say the texture is between a balm and a gloss. The packaging is fabulous and the card explains that it is meant to look like Victorian ladies who put colour in their lips by stinging them with lemons. You can apply it lightly and it looks like that. You can apply it over lip liner or a matte red lipstick for more lasting power. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by hollysue1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG!!! I love this. I think it looks very nice and does exactly what it claims to. Probably my favorite lip product right now.

The downside it that it doesnt last long. I went on vacation for a week and only brought this and one other lipstick. (I cant stand the thought of losing any so I bring a minimum). I did wear it a lot, and carried it with me and reapplied throughout the day. (staying power is expectantly weak) But boy am I regretting that, in that one week I got through more lipstick than I have in any of my other tubes of lipstick. Like MAC lipsticks..you wear them often but still it doesnt seem to go down in the tube...Medieval goes more like a lipbalm which I guess makes since.

If you go into the purchase knowing its more like a tinted lipbalm in terms of color, staying power, and longevity you will be pleasantly surprised. It is really so, so beautiful. But if you go into it expecting a lot of opaque color, or a lipstick staying power you may be disappointed. It has enough color to change your lip color and its obvious to me that I'm wearing something but others may think I just have naturally red lips. I am trying to wear it minimally because I dont want to run out, but when I do I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As others have mentioned, Medieval gives the lips just a beautiful natural looking hint of red. The best way I can describe it is if I had naturally rosebud red lips and put a swipe of lipbalm over them. Such a perfect, pretty look that brightens my face. I never imagined I would wear red lipstick, but this actually looks more natural than any other shade I have worn. Will buy another for my purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by jlc102482

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

If red lipstick tends to turn magenta or fuschia on you, then I am afraid this product will not work. I am one of those people, and even with one or two swipes of this very sheer product, I ended up with magenta lips. ARGH.

I thought it was expensive, considering how much you need to use to get any color going on your lips. It's in a lipstick tube and is shaped like lipstick, but it's definitely sheer. I'd compare its consistency and pigmentation to Colorslicks lip gloss.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mermaidshimmer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, these lipsticks contain parabens, which are linked with breast cancer.

A healthier alternative to Medieval, for me, has been to use Burts Bees Lip Balm underneath a light layer of one Clinique's buttershine lipsticks. When paired with a light coat of Cranberry Cream, this looks almost exactly like Medieval on me but minus all of the toxic chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very flattering lipstick. The sheer texture makes it easy to layer, so it can go from a wash of cherry to a dark sultry finish. It's a bit drying so it's not quite perfect, but otherwise it's a win.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite lipstick of all time.

After reading raves here I expected great things and I got it. Medieval is the only red I have ever felt comfortable wearing during the day, and I find I reach for it more than any other. It brightens my complexion and makes my lips look so moisturised and lush.

It feels great on the lips but is short-lasting (I wouldn't expect a sheer to last long, though) and i've found i've gone through the tube pretty quickly as you have to apply a lot of it to get enough colour.

Don't use a liner with it - its nicer as a natural flush of colour without edges.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice lipstick for girls who don't like to wear lipstick. I've used Clinique Black Honey on and off for years, because I love how sheer, light and natural it is. But since I like to get out of my rut once in a while, I tried Poppy King Medieval. It's very comparable in terms of consistency and colour payoff. It's a balmy cherry red colour with no scent. Black Honey is browner but otherwise the products are very similar.

Also, I love the shiny red metal tube (as well as the illustrations on the cardboard!).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by greytabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The first lip product I've bought that is causing me to write a review. I would definitely buy this again, a little more than sheer, but not a red lipstick. My lip bag will not be complete without this now. My new favorite!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this would be more of a wine red shade but the color seems just a little off to me. I can't put my finger on it but I have a hard time liking it. After reading all of the reviews on MUA it seems like the shade is a chameleon, wearing differently on each person. So maybe it is just my natural lip color that is not reacting well to it. I love the formula though. It is very sheer and moisturizing but doesn't have must staying power at all, even less than the Saint line. The jury is out on whether I will repurchase.