September 30, 2014 | 1010 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not sure what to say that hasn't already been mentioned but I adore this lipstick! It's the perfect nude pink to pair with a smokey eye. Not sure where the beige comes in but whatever, it's gorgeous. Quite possibly the most pigmented, creamy, glossy lipstick I have ever tried. I apply it in small dabs as a previous reviewer mentioned and top it off with the Golden Gloss in Golden Champagne (again, not an accurate color description) and it lasts quite a while. Will definitely purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by vintagepinupgirl

I adore this lipstick. I purchased the #1, #26 and the rouge volupte pearl in the #104 off of a sale from a livejournal account so I got a deal on three high end, brand new YSL lipsticks ($40 for all 3 shipped). I love all three colors and will be reviewing all three accordingly. Ok, down to the nitty gritty- this shade is a beautiful nude beige color (duh), it looks great on my lips and is oh so moisturizing. There is no staying power but it is not advertised as such. I love the packaging and feel so glamorous when I pull it out of my purse to apply it. I would definitely buy this product again, but I may change my mind because I'll probably never be able to find a deal like I got on the first 3, and really I'm a $15 mac lipstick kind of girl- but in the mean time, I'm feeling very Marilynn Monroe with my YSL lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by makeupENFUSED13

This is a beautiful lip color! It is true about it not being longwearing but YSL doesnt make that claim and most creamy lipsticks arent longwearing.What it does do is deliver great color impact and moisture not to mention it smells great! I use a little bit of MACs Prep+Prime Lip underneath it and that helps it wear longer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

OK--I'm on my second tube of this lipstick and yet I cannot give it a five lipstick review becasue there is one shortcoming.

First of all, the wonderful qualities of this lipstick are the color. This is a perfect blend of pink and nude--not too pink--not too nude. I have a lot of natural pigment going on in my lips and this color looks really great with my natural coloring. It is creamy to boot, I love the way it goes on so smoothly and luxe. It does not dry out my lips either.

What is keeping this from being a five? This lipstick does not last long at all on my lips. I'll put it on before I leave the house and a half hour later. Boom. It's gone! That drives me nuts because I'm not one to carry a ton of makeup around with me. I apply makeup once a day. That's it. No more. What I do re-apply is lip balm and re-apply, and re-apply. I kind of wish that this lipstick was more of a stain.

Oh well, you can't have it all unless you are Kate Middleton! I will keep purchasing this because of the color!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by xdianax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally purchased this lipstick after longing for it for months and to be honest, it did not perform as well as i expected it to. The color in the tube was beautiful (a pinky nude shade) and the texture while applying it was very smooth and creamy. But the bad thing was that it accentuated all the lines on my lips and make it look uneven and cakey. My lip color is quite pigmented so not sure if this was why. Also, it felt very moisturizing when i first put it on but after a couple hour, i can feel my lips drying out. Even with Lipbalm underneath. The only way that i was able to wear this was to apply a little gloss over it to smooth it out. Maybe i will check out the other colors to see if they are the same but after testing this one out, i don't think they are worth $30+ in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty color! Nude with a hint of pink. I fell in love with the packaging and then the color haha. I love it on my skin, for reference I'm NC 20..I think this lipsticks works best if you're fair to medium skin tones. I will definitely buy this again when I run out. I absolutely love this color!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by LAYDEEXME

loveeee this lipstick & i carry it all the time :) it's a wearable nude pink. you don't need to apply too much and you'll see what i mean.

Edit: it's not long wearing, doesn't reallt suit me anymore, and it accentuates wrinkles

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This may be the best lipstick I have ever tried. I was looking for a new spring color when I decided to pick this up. I am an NC30. This color gives me those milky looking baby lips. The texture is marvelous, so smooth and silky. It feels creamy and soft on the lips. The packaging is gorgeous. It's also quite a heavy lipstick! Probably because of the packaging. One swipe and I'm good to go because it is very pigmented. I am looking forward to purchasing more nude pinks! I am glad this was my first!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by littlequeenjenny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Loved it the first time when I tried it on, and after awhile started thinking the texture is just way too creamy and also somehow drying out my lips.

BTW, one of the new products GOSH just realised called intensive lip color in 301,has a really close effect of this one, just better mositure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkrokker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally! The perfect nude! I have fair skin with neutral to golden undertones. Over the past few years, I've literally tried dozens of nude lipsticks. Every single one has been too dark to truly be considered nude, left me looking sickly, left me with concealer lips, or been too sheer to cover my naturally very pigmented lips. YSL's Rouge Volupte in #1 Nude Beige, which is actually a neutral beige-y pink, is the first to give me the soft, natural looking color I wanted. As an added bonus, the Rouge Volupte formula is rich, moisturizing, and provides exactly the right amount of shine. This is truly an HG product for me.