April 21, 2014 | 1067 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by makeupENFUSED13

This is a beautiful lip color! It is true about it not being longwearing but YSL doesnt make that claim and most creamy lipsticks arent longwearing.What it does do is deliver great color impact and moisture not to mention it smells great! I use a little bit of MACs Prep+Prime Lip underneath it and that helps it wear longer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

OK--I'm on my second tube of this lipstick and yet I cannot give it a five lipstick review becasue there is one shortcoming.

First of all, the wonderful qualities of this lipstick are the color. This is a perfect blend of pink and nude--not too pink--not too nude. I have a lot of natural pigment going on in my lips and this color looks really great with my natural coloring. It is creamy to boot, I love the way it goes on so smoothly and luxe. It does not dry out my lips either.

What is keeping this from being a five? This lipstick does not last long at all on my lips. I'll put it on before I leave the house and a half hour later. Boom. It's gone! That drives me nuts because I'm not one to carry a ton of makeup around with me. I apply makeup once a day. That's it. No more. What I do re-apply is lip balm and re-apply, and re-apply. I kind of wish that this lipstick was more of a stain.

Oh well, you can't have it all unless you are Kate Middleton! I will keep purchasing this because of the color!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by xdianax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally purchased this lipstick after longing for it for months and to be honest, it did not perform as well as i expected it to. The color in the tube was beautiful (a pinky nude shade) and the texture while applying it was very smooth and creamy. But the bad thing was that it accentuated all the lines on my lips and make it look uneven and cakey. My lip color is quite pigmented so not sure if this was why. Also, it felt very moisturizing when i first put it on but after a couple hour, i can feel my lips drying out. Even with Lipbalm underneath. The only way that i was able to wear this was to apply a little gloss over it to smooth it out. Maybe i will check out the other colors to see if they are the same but after testing this one out, i don't think they are worth $30+ in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty color! Nude with a hint of pink. I fell in love with the packaging and then the color haha. I love it on my skin, for reference I'm NC 20..I think this lipsticks works best if you're fair to medium skin tones. I will definitely buy this again when I run out. I absolutely love this color!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by LAYDEEXME

loveeee this lipstick & i carry it all the time :) it's a wearable nude pink. you don't need to apply too much and you'll see what i mean.

Edit: it's not long wearing, doesn't reallt suit me anymore, and it accentuates wrinkles

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This may be the best lipstick I have ever tried. I was looking for a new spring color when I decided to pick this up. I am an NC30. This color gives me those milky looking baby lips. The texture is marvelous, so smooth and silky. It feels creamy and soft on the lips. The packaging is gorgeous. It's also quite a heavy lipstick! Probably because of the packaging. One swipe and I'm good to go because it is very pigmented. I am looking forward to purchasing more nude pinks! I am glad this was my first!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by littlequeenjenny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Loved it the first time when I tried it on, and after awhile started thinking the texture is just way too creamy and also somehow drying out my lips.

BTW, one of the new products GOSH just realised called intensive lip color in 301,has a really close effect of this one, just better mositure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkrokker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally! The perfect nude! I have fair skin with neutral to golden undertones. Over the past few years, I've literally tried dozens of nude lipsticks. Every single one has been too dark to truly be considered nude, left me looking sickly, left me with concealer lips, or been too sheer to cover my naturally very pigmented lips. YSL's Rouge Volupte in #1 Nude Beige, which is actually a neutral beige-y pink, is the first to give me the soft, natural looking color I wanted. As an added bonus, the Rouge Volupte formula is rich, moisturizing, and provides exactly the right amount of shine. This is truly an HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ashley1227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the pink lipstick I've been searching for all my life (or at least since I've been wearing makeup)! It's the perfect pinky nude that I've always wanted. I like this way better than #2 and #7 (both of which I have and everyone raves over). The packaging is so pretty, but scratches very easily. I also love how creamy the formula is, which I know is an issue for others. When I apply this I don't swipe it on, I dap it on and rub my lips together. I've never had any issues with my lips looking dry or it not lasting long enough due to the texture. I really like the smell too, can't put my finger on what it smells like, but I find it pleasant. The price for these is steep, however I'm willing to pay it because I love this so much!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by sugarbunniie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow I remember when this hit my wallet hard. However I absolutely love this color. I have almost nothing left, been applying it with a lip brush, guess im gonna have to save up once its all out!

I have seen people say its exactly like MAC's Angel but I am just too in love with this lipstick. Once you wip it out your purse people do turn their heads, the color is so sexy and girly guys love it but god its lasting power is so horrid its not even funny :( making out with my boyfriend he and i devoured the damn lipstick together. So note do not wear on dates.

it has spf and, to me, that is a major factor to why lips chap with this lipstck after awhile, but you do hve spf protection which is a plus. lips age too ladies

I will give mac's angel a try but I will buy this product again