Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

4.1

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), Avobenzone (Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane) (Other) : Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butyl Stearate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Stearyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Parfum (Fragrance), Behenic Acid, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc

on 8/16/2011 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Beautiful tube, but the almost slippery, creamy, consistency reminded me of a NYX round lipstick, which are fine at $4 a pop, but not at the YSL price. The color also did not suit me - I'm a PPP with dark hair and this washed me out; it's much paler, milkier, and pinker than expected, and went on patchy and uneven, accentuating every flaw on my lips. Sad it didn't work out for me.

on 8/15/2011 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have 2 of these lipstick and i LOVE them! Nude Beige and Fauborg Peach or however you spell it lol are beautiful colours and can be worn day and night. The packaging is what made me buy the product but i will definately repurchase despite the hefty price tag. They smell lovely, they are so creamy and easy to apply just like a lip balm however do not expect them to last long, eating or drinking will wipe the product straight off, but frankly this gives me the perfect opportunity to carry it in my bag and show off my gorgeously packaged lipstick when re-applying!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i read so much about this lipstick online and it's just so beautifully packaged that i had to had one too. like everyone else says, the packaging is definitely very luxe, and as a 17 year old i don't really need know why i bought such a fancy lipstick but it looks so nice next to my jill stuart, nars, and mac products. i was torn between tender peach and nude beige and decided to go with the latter because i like to wear very thick, colored eyeliner and needed something more neutral on my lips. it doesn't last very long but it makes my lips look pretty for a little while. maybe i'll go back for tender peach later...

on 7/7/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not sure what to say that hasn't already been mentioned but I adore this lipstick! It's the perfect nude pink to pair with a smokey eye. Not sure where the beige comes in but whatever, it's gorgeous. Quite possibly the most pigmented, creamy, glossy lipstick I have ever tried. I apply it in small dabs as a previous reviewer mentioned and top it off with the Golden Gloss in Golden Champagne (again, not an accurate color description) and it lasts quite a while. Will definitely purchase again!

I adore this lipstick. I purchased the #1, #26 and the rouge volupte pearl in the #104 off of a sale from a livejournal account so I got a deal on three high end, brand new YSL lipsticks ($40 for all 3 shipped). I love all three colors and will be reviewing all three accordingly. Ok, down to the nitty gritty- this shade is a beautiful nude beige color (duh), it looks great on my lips and is oh so moisturizing. There is no staying power but it is not advertised as such. I love the packaging and feel so glamorous when I pull it out of my purse to apply it. I would definitely buy this product again, but I may change my mind because I'll probably never be able to find a deal like I got on the first 3, and really I'm a $15 mac lipstick kind of girl- but in the mean time, I'm feeling very Marilynn Monroe with my YSL lipsticks.

This is a beautiful lip color! It is true about it not being longwearing but YSL doesnt make that claim and most creamy lipsticks arent longwearing.What it does do is deliver great color impact and moisture not to mention it smells great! I use a little bit of MACs Prep+Prime Lip underneath it and that helps it wear longer!

on 4/29/2011 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OK--I'm on my second tube of this lipstick and yet I cannot give it a five lipstick review becasue there is one shortcoming.

First of all, the wonderful qualities of this lipstick are the color. This is a perfect blend of pink and nude--not too pink--not too nude. I have a lot of natural pigment going on in my lips and this color looks really great with my natural coloring. It is creamy to boot, I love the way it goes on so smoothly and luxe. It does not dry out my lips either.

What is keeping this from being a five? This lipstick does not last long at all on my lips. I'll put it on before I leave the house and a half hour later. Boom. It's gone! That drives me nuts because I'm not one to carry a ton of makeup around with me. I apply makeup once a day. That's it. No more. What I do re-apply is lip balm and re-apply, and re-apply. I kind of wish that this lipstick was more of a stain.

Oh well, you can't have it all unless you are Kate Middleton! I will keep purchasing this because of the color!

on 4/27/2011 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I finally purchased this lipstick after longing for it for months and to be honest, it did not perform as well as i expected it to. The color in the tube was beautiful (a pinky nude shade) and the texture while applying it was very smooth and creamy. But the bad thing was that it accentuated all the lines on my lips and make it look uneven and cakey. My lip color is quite pigmented so not sure if this was why. Also, it felt very moisturizing when i first put it on but after a couple hour, i can feel my lips drying out. Even with Lipbalm underneath. The only way that i was able to wear this was to apply a little gloss over it to smooth it out. Maybe i will check out the other colors to see if they are the same but after testing this one out, i don't think they are worth $30+ in my opinion.

This is such a pretty color! Nude with a hint of pink. I fell in love with the packaging and then the color haha. I love it on my skin, for reference I'm NC 20..I think this lipsticks works best if you're fair to medium skin tones. I will definitely buy this again when I run out. I absolutely love this color!

on 3/5/2011 2:29:00 PM

loveeee this lipstick & i carry it all the time :) it's a wearable nude pink. you don't need to apply too much and you'll see what i mean.

Edit: it's not long wearing, doesn't reallt suit me anymore, and it accentuates wrinkles

Popular Lipsticks