October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Treatments (Face) - Retin A

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by 2oldn2ys

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love my retin a! I have been using it religiously for 1.5 years now. I am 52 and people think I'm 42. You need to start out with the .025% for a few months then use the .05% several more months before the .01%. Just the other day a cousin asked what I've been doing to my skin that it looked great. The best place to buy retin a is at alldaychemist.com. The cheapest 20gm tube is about $2.50 (.025%)and the most expensive about 4.96 (.01%). The company is in India and don't be afraid! The shipping is $25 with $5 credit card use charge and takes about 2 weeks due to customs inspection. I usually order with a friend and place a $200 order each time. They carry one Johnson & Johnson retin a but I don't think it works as well as the Indian brands. India has stricter manufacture policies than the U.S. does!
Once you see what this miracle cream does you'll never give it up.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by dancergirl68

Just makes my skin peel like absolute crazy. Cannot tolerate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by featherbriefcase

Retin-A is the best skin treatment out there. I have been using it consistently since 2010. At first I got the horrible Retin-A induced purging of the skin and my face broke out horribly in these gross cysts and whiteheads for a good 6 months. But the Dr. put me on oral antibiotics and Topical Clindamycin as an extra measure combined with BP in the day time to knock out those suckers and it totally worked. It was soooo gross at first and I was soooo depressed, my makeup looked like crap because my skin was peeling, red, irritated and yet at the same time, oily - I was a hot mess; and for someone who is totally vain, it did a number on my mental health. Suffice it to say, three years later, I am more than pleased with the results. My skin is smooth, healthy and all the post acne hyperpigmentation is gone! My skin exfoliates wonderfully, in the morning when I cleanse, the dead skin comes off, its kinda gross but after I exfoliate with a wash cloth, a fresh, smooth pink layer of skin is revealed. I think it totally plumped up my skin and made it produce more collagen because it looks firmer, and healthier overall, and the small wrinkles on my 32 year old forehead and the tiny furrow between my brows have faded, I swear I look like someone in their early 20s. I will definitely stay on this stuff long term I don't care how much it costs, I have to have it!

I have read that Retin-A is the only cosmetic drug that has been scientifically shown to: increase collagen production; smooth out wrinkles; increase vascular flow in skin tissue; flush out pore clogging folicular debris; normalize the shedding of dead skin cells, and all while keeping your pores clean. When I do get a small pimple, it usually comes to a head very soon and its as though the Retin-A sucks the crap out of the pore, brings it to the surface and makes it easy to extrude.

I would recommend this for anyone suffering from acne. I hated it. But I stuck with Retin-A through the initial break out, no matter how terrible it made me look and feel, and now I can totally see the results and I love it. If you are going to start using it, try to start when you don't have to be around people, like during summer vacay. I wish I could have gone away for six months, but I started using it at the end of the Fall semester and totally broke out over winter break and had to come back to law school looking affright! LOL. But if a vain ole queen like me can stick it out, you can too. Don't give up. Also, try to use oral and topical antibiotics to cut down on the initial flare up. I mixed my Clinda with BP during the day. The Dr. said this would help to prevent AB resistance and help both drugs to work better. I still use this combo in the day time and Retin-A Gel at o.o25% every night.

I also found that properly removing your makeup is essential, followed by proper cleansing, toning, moisturizing and then treatment. Yes you have to moisturize, you will have to when on this drug or else you will end up with dry patches and your makeup will look horrid. I like Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturize for Sensitive Skin.

Anyway, thanks for reading and if you are gonna use this stuff, read up on it. Be sure to moisturize and STICK WITH IT! IT WORKS!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by KCucumber

This product did not work for me. In fact, it caused my skin to develop a horrible, burning rash. I am certain it was this product which caused the reaction as the only location on my skin which was effected was the area which I applied the product (under the eyes).

I have attempted to use this product on three separate occasions (three separate years) and I have had a similar result each time. I was using it to soften the deep wrinkles I have under my eyes.

The last time I started this product was about a month ago. I started using a very small amount (about the quarter of a pea) under my eyes each evening. I would wash my face with mild cleanser (can't recall the name), wait 30 minutes then apply the retin a. After about 30 minutes I would apply organic coconut oil. For the first two weeks I only experienced some dryness, but now the skin under my eyes is incredibly sore, raw, peeling, and incredibly unsightly (see attached photo). I have been applying hydrocortosone cream in hopes of clearing this mess up, as I'm mortified to leave the house as I look like a red-eyed panda.

I'm done with this stuff! (can't say I didn't try!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by justinetindall

I've been using this for about 3 years now. It is hands down the most effective anti-aging, anti-dark spot, ant-whatever skin flaw you may have. It's also the only thing that has actually helped with my acne. The only thing about retinal is that you HAVE to give it ATLEAST 6 months until you start seeing tremendous results for fine lines. It helped with acne right away. What it does is constantly speeds up cell turnover for your skin, so it is constantly buffing it and exfoliating it, speeding up collagen and the natural heeling process of skin.
My skin literally looks like a baby's bum. People comment on my skin DAILY, and have for the past 3 years since I started using it. I still get surprised when people comment on my skin, because I used to have horrible acne.
Beware that this does cause 1/month peeling- it's a good thing, trust me.
You MUST wear sunscreen daily with retinol, and ALWAYS moisturize after applying a thin layer.
And a lil secret- it works wonders on ingrown hairs... my bikini area is friggen flawless, kinda proud of that.
It runs for about $35 per prescribed tube (here in Ontario at least), and should last at leas 8 months if used correctly.
Screw all the other anti aging creams. It's all hype.
Prescribed retinal is the real deal.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

I used this product at the height of my acne problems and I did not find it effective at all. Like most acne medications, it also makes your skin very sensitive to the sun.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by reyna1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the generic version(tretinoin). Was very inexpensive($5 copay) I really wanted this product to work, but I used it for almost 3 months and I gave up. I was in denial for a while and told myself that my skin was getting better, but it wasn't. I'm broken out now than when I started. I know you're supposed to give it 6 months to see final results, but really, 6 months? Now I know no acne product works over night, but there's plenty that work so much faster! Why go through the months of endless purging and horrible skin? If you're using this for anti-aging purposes, then go for it. However if you're going to be using this for acne I'd stay clear. The only thing I can say is that it smoothed out the texture of my skin. I don't know if it would of worked in the long run, as it did somewhat clear some breakouts, but with every one it cleared, 2 more came. Just, not for me. If you're patient and determined to use this product then go for it, but be prepared to purge like no other. I don't want to dishearten anyone, but I think waiting 6 months and going through persistent purging all throughout isn't worth it. Unless you've tried every other product for acne, then to each is own. I'm currently on DUAC and it seems to already working, with NO PURGING. Not all acne products purge, just some. However with Retin A, it's almost a 90% you will purge. Duac has great reviews and I'm hoping my face will be cleared within 1-2 months. For reference I have no acne on my t-zone and forehead. A few on my left cheek, but moderate on my right. I wish you all the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by dileqce

This cream is a miracle. It's corrected my skin tone and texture within 3 weeks. I had some acne scarring and fine lines. My scars are almost gone and fine lines are less visible. But I need to say you have to be really careful if you purchased this product without prescription. You might damage your skin severely. Here is my routine for Retin-A. I've started to use 0.5 twice a week first and gradually increased to 3 times a week and now I am using it daily. It's been 6 weeks now and I will quit using it within 2 weeks cos summer is on the way.First I wash my face with organic olive oil soap and then wait half an hour and apply Retin-A before I go to bed. I don't apply moisturizer. I use a external usage dexpantenol cream called Bepanthene which is available here in Turkey. Bepanthene is an external cream normally used for sunburns and this kind of small dryness skin problems but I like to use it as moisturizer cos it has healing affect. Probably that's why I didn't feel that much of flakiness and dryness while I am on Retin-A. I also avoid sun during daytime. If I have to go out I apply Origins Dr. Weil's Mega Bright UV Protector SPF 40. It's good to add an antioxidant serum to your daily routine. I just ordered Replenix Serum to give a try.But try to avoid heavy vitamin C serums if you have sensitive skin when you are using Retin-A. Cos my skin basically couldn't tolerate it. That's it from my side. I will continue to use Retin-A during winter. Don't forget Retin-A can be dangerous weapon on wrong hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think anyone and everyone should use retin a. BF's brother in law is a dermatologist and even he uses it. BF is 43, I am 33, mom is 58, we all use it! First eight weeks can be rough, but stick with it, you'll be so glad you did. Retinol is the only thing clinically and FDA approved for wrinkles.

I've been using it for three years and constantly get compliments on my skin. I also accredit that to two doses of accutane years ago. I use the lower strength and only a pea size. Any more will just cause dryness and not work any better. I also use it under my eyes. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Solarislun

I'm 30 years old and I never really got acne until I was around 25. It got pretty bad on just the one side of my face. I tried Retin-A a few years back but I didn't use it like I should have. I've been using it this time for like 2.5 months. I started out using it every other evening and recently switched to every evening. I'm using it with Cetaphil sensitive cleanser and the lotion that can be used on face and body. My skin looks so much better!!