July 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by lavenderparfait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Dries up really quickly and does nothing for your lashes, only makes them look like they are caked in glue. The one thing I liked about this was the color, but it hardly made my green eyes pop, and people constantly kept asking me when I was in the sun "are you wearing purple mascara?".

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Miluiel

I bought this product after an SA at the BeneFit counter used it on me during a mini-makeover. I don't know if I'm not applying it properly, but on my own I don't get the dramatic look that she managed to pull off with this mascara, but I do like it a lot. This is a much more subtle mascara than my usual Clinique High Impact in Black, and I tend to use this on my lower lashes when I'm going out because it isn't as harsh. It's also a great mascara for my toned-down work look.

My biggest complaint with this mascara is the brush. To do my lower lashes, I have to use a disposable brush because the one in the tube is just too big and collects too much product. It's almost too big to do my upper lashes, although I do manage that without making a mess.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I've never had a problem with this mascara flaking, nor is it stiff feeling when I touch my lashes like some other mascaras I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by blacktimes21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim, because I love purple mascara and because my mom was paying, ha ha (thanks, mom!). I had tried the original Bad Gal Black and really didn't like it- too clumpy, heavy and smudged at the slightest provocation.
For some reason the Bad Gal Plum is much more manageable and less thick so it doesn't weigh my lashes down. I also don't have any problems with smudging. I don't know if it 'enhances' the color of my dark brown eyes, but it does compliment them ( :
I also like the color- not garishly bright, and not so dark you don't notice the color.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Keliza

Plum brought out my eye color (hazel), it was a nice shade, not over the top and could definitely be worn alone (i wore mine alone all the time). It did dry out relatively fast. I could also pick a dozen mascaras I would wear before I'd pick this one, however it is nice and worked very well, it did everything it promised.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by treeolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i actually liked this product, it did make my eyes pop, some lady at the beneFit counter used it on me and i was like WOW. amazing. so the only way to see if this procdut is for you, try it out first, go to selfridges or something. x

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Crrttopgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara, but I wish it came in a waterproof formula! The plum color really goes well with my green eyes, and I've never had a problem with smudging or clumping. It doesn't really provide outstanding length, but the volume is decent. I'd wear this as my everyday mascara if only it were waterproof...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just dreadful! That's all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is a nice product for my "no" makeup look. I will usually only wear this mascara, concealer and chapstick when I wear this mascara. I have hazel eyes and I do think that this color of mascara compliments my eyes. It's also not too harsh so I can pull off that no make up look time to time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Bad Gal Plum Mascara features a big, thick brush coated in a deep plum shade. Benefit's website describes the mascara on their website, saying, "Our rich, luxurious plum mascara intensifies your natural eye color while lushifying your lashes." Lushifying?

The color may look a little scary to some but I thought it would be flattering for my hazel eyes. Typically colored mascaras do not look as intense when applied as they do in the tube and Bad Gal Plum is no exception. In fact, it doesn't look plum or purple at all. It just looks like a cheap black mascara! Very disappointing. I didn't find that the mascara brought out the colors of my eyes or had any flattering effects.

I also have a bone to pick with the wand and formula of Bad Gal Plum Mascara. The wand is big, which is usually better for creating volume than length. I prefer small wands as length is my issue but that's a personal preference. However, it's just too big to really coat your lashes. Little volume is added and I found the formula way too drying. Not "lushifying" at all! Overall, I was disappointed in this mascara. It's a decent price for a higher end mascara ($19) and seems like a fun addition to any makeup collection. Yet the product doesn't do what Benefit promises and hardly measures up to even cheap drugstore mascaras. My hunt for the perfect mascara continues! This one's going in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Babykatie7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got the BADgal Plum and Badgal Black lash mascaras in a set from my local Ulta. After hearing so many positive remarks from a makeup guru, allthatglitters21 on youtube i considered this product. At ulta they sold them as a set to save around 11$, a pretty good deal to me. I was very excited to try them considering the positive remarks, I was beyond greatly disappointed. The plum is a very pretty color, it claims it enhances eye color but did nothing to my hazel eyes. The formula was very dry and did nothing to affect my lenght, curl, or volume. I could have gotten a drugstore brand for a cheap price and better quality.