The Body Shop Mineral Foundation Brush

4.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this brush alot! It is one of 2 brushes that I use for powder foundations. The other one I use is the Ecotools bronzer brush. Some days I use one and some days the other.
The Body Shop brush is very soft and shedding is very minimal. It gives great coverage with powder foundations. This brush is a little better at getting into harder to reach areas of the face than the Ecotools brush. They are both fantastic, I will review the Ecotools one eventually too. When I'm not using this brush for foundation, I sometimes use it to blend out blush or bronzer if I accidently apply too much. I would buy this brush again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this brush !
Its feels really soft on your skin,
& applies your powder evenly.
Its just a super great brush
I love it !
It does take a while to dry like others say
But just try to squeeze the excess water out of it
after cleansing.

on 7/25/2010 11:05:00 AM

I'm loving this kabuki. It's incredibly soft and really dense. It's perfect for applying my powder foundation flawlessly. It picks up a nice amount of product and it distributes it evenly. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and this softness is the main reason why I love it so much. It's a delight to use on my skin.
It did shed quite a few hairs the first couple of uses (20+) but it's so dense that it can miss 'em. I really hope the shedding stops now though, if it doesn't I'll have to come back and take off a lippie.
It comes with a carrying bag which is nice for traveling.
The only drawback to this is that it's so dense that it dries really slowly. It takes twice as long as my other brushes (a full 24 hours). But I just wash it in the morning right after I've used it so the next morning it will be ready for use again.
I also like the price. It isn't cheap but also not as expensive as h/e kabukis, while the quality is h/e in my opinion.
Edit: sigh, going to have to take off a lippy. It keeps shedding on me. I still love it and it applies powder wonderfully, but if it doesn't stop shedding there won't be any hairs left eventually...

on 7/5/2010 10:33:00 AM

This brush is soft and does a decent job in applying minerals, but I think it is kind of pricey. Since I've got my emd kabuki, I no longer use my body shop mineral brush.

this brush is amazing...it has the softest bristles and....it does a really good job in distributing the product...whether it is blush, bronzer, or foundation...what really amazed me about this brush is that its high end quality and its not that expensive!!...i would defintely repurchase this brush if mine got lost or something lol :D

on 6/28/2010 5:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Firstly, i wont buy this again cos...well its a brush... there's no end to this.
Also there's no end to its goodness. i hv the original bodyshop kabuki brush which i use for buffing, bronzing and loose powder...and its making me feel abit messy.. i wanted another one to separate brushes for buffing and loose powder , and another for bronzing, so i bought this denser one...PERFECT buffing and loose powder brush. (i use loose powder as foundation cos i am firstly allergic to mineral foundation and secondly not very interested in high coverage foundations) So this is PERFECT.

its denser than the normal bodyshop (or any other brand i would venture into assuming) kabuki brush. So this is better for buffing. Afterall you can have the softest and roundest kabuki brush. But as far as this is concerned, its always the denser the better :D

And its so small, so tts good for storage and good for focus. Normal kabuki brush sizes can be a little too big. When you buff in say,...a bronzer, it can be spreaded on other areas where you don't want it to be. And when i do makeup, it has to be high precision within a certain amount of time cos i treasure my sleep more than anything.

all in all, LOVE this brush :D

on 6/19/2010 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

After reading all these reviews I went out and bought this brush. It's amazingly soft and doesn't irritate sensitive skin. It's great at easily buffing in my MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation leaving a flawless finish. I love how small the brush is which makes it great for throwing it into my handbag. The brush did shed a couple of hairs but so far so good! Very happy with my purchase.

on 5/31/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this product! i have actually just started using it, But the biggest problem of all is it takes super long to dry as because of it's dense and soft hair. Other than that, this gives a perfect coverage, you can barely tell a difference after using this Kabuki Brush unlike other brush or flat top brush.
This is definitely recommended for beginners using a Kabuki Brush. Defo worth it.

on 5/25/2010 10:28:00 AM

This brush is great: very soft, dense and picks up enough powder. I use it for face powder and blush and it buffs it in very effectively. I like that it is not too domed but flat enough for buffing. I haven't had the brush for more than a couple of moths but I already noticed a bit of shedding (10-12 hairs). not too happy about that but I hope the amount will not increase with age. Still a great brush - one of the best out there.

on 5/16/2010 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love The Body Shop!!, but then I haven't tried their Mineral Foundation Brush.Some of my friend best recommend it to me however I think the one that I'm using is great already so why change it?right.but then again since my friends love it I think its just right to give credit to the product..3 thumbs up for this one

Popular Makeup Brushes