April 19, 2014 | 1120 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by bloomingiris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like the fact that this night cream came in a tube--so much more hygienic than tubs and more convenient to use. I put a thin layer on after using Origins' Plantscription Serum at night. It's quite thick and slightly greasy, but it didn't cause any break out. Gave my skin a nice moisture boost--skin feels supple and soft in the morning. Another plus is that it's a fragrance free product, so it doesn't offend my oversensitive pregnancy nose. Overall, I think it's a good basic moisturizer, but probably isn't enough for wrinkle prevention/ reduction.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by MissErinErin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I stared using this before bed every night this year, and my skin has improved a lot!!! I have very dry skin (i use the dry-very dry version). And have noticed when i wake up how smooth it feels, my skin texture has definitely improved :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by flyingcolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a night moisturizer that would suit my oily skin, but most of the drugstore options seemed to be of the ultra-hydrating variety that I knew would just sit on my skin and feel oily and uncomfortable. So I went a little out of my price range because I knew that Clinique would probably have what I was looking for. The lady at the counter showed me this and I have to say it's exactly what I was after. It sinks right into my skin so I can to straight to bed after applying it without worrying about it getting all over my pillow. It immediately makes my skin feel silky smooth and hydrated but not oily. And when I wake up my skin feels perfect! It's definitely one I'll be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by beautyfirst1984

I love this night cream!

I have it in the oily/combination version and I love it. I layer this on top of my DDMG and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and in the morning my skin is perfection!

I have to keep myself from touching my face after applying it because it leaves me skin so soft and supple. Although none of Clinique’s products have added fragrance, I think this smells a little bit like oats. I love the packaging too because it won’t be hard to get it out since is all slides to the bottom of the tube anyway.

I will certainly repurchase again and again. Love, love, love!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I tried this product on my hand in the shop, I could already feel it was too thick for my acne-prone skin even though the version I got it is targeted at combination and oily skin. However, the nice sales lady assured me it would not clog pores, so I decided to give in to the lure of Clinique once again. Mistake (as always)...! I gave it a 2 night trial, but after the first night I already woke up with 2 itchy bumps on my temple (and I really didn't use much of it). The day after that, there were more and they were itchier. It took all my strength not to touch them. Thankfully I saved the receipt and the box and I could take it back today without any hassle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by rigantona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use the oily/combination version of this cream. I have slightly sensitive combination skin which has been prone to hormonal breakouts along the jaw line.

I use this both at night and during the day under my sunscreen. It feels slightly heavier than most oil-free moisturisers, but it sinks in well and does not leave my skin shiny immediately after use.

I did start using this cream at the same time as the Aesop oil free hydrating serum, so it's impossible to tell whether one has made more difference than the other, but i must say, my skin has not looked this good for a long time. It looks brighter, and the wrinkle against which i judge all lotions and potions is markedly less noticeable - not that it claims to reduce wrinkles per se, i just think my skin is better hydrated and softer.

So far, no breakouts, and after 2 weeks of twice daily use, i am pretty confident it's not going to happen.

I do love this cream, would happily repurchase. I do think it is expensive given the size of the tube - it retails for $63 in australia - but i will stock up on it when i am overseas - and with these results, i am not too bothered about the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by barefootcassandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love that it is in a tube. This stuff is just good for my skin, they work well together. Excellent repair night moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by marieorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently had fairly serious cystic acne breakouts due to a product containing Alcohol Denat and my skin is now awful. I read that antioxidants have regenerative properties. Of course, the cream does not do miracles, but my skin is less oily, less acne prone and have less acne marks since I use it even if it's only been two weeks of use.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If I could give this a 0/5, I would. I bought it because I was looking for an oil-free night moisturizer that would prevent signs of aging. I purchased the dry combination version. When I applied it, it felt cold like menthol, and then really warmed up and burnt and tingled slightly around the dry areas of my face. I found this strange, because it's meant to be dermatologically tested, fragrance free, paraben free, etc etc. I have slightly sensitive skin, but I can usually apply whatever I want to my face without reacting. As such, I decided to leave the product on and see what happened. The very next morning I developed 4-5 sizeable lumps around the areas that had burnt. These turned into pimples later in the day. I hardly ever break out, so that is an exceptionally adverse reaction for me. These took several days to clear up. I know that the overall rating for this product is quite positive, but since my experience I have read through the individual reviews and I've noticed quite a significant amount of people have also experienced similar reactions. If you have even slight sensitivity, please please please STAY AWAY. And if you've bought this product and you experience the same sensation of coldness/warmness/tingling, discontinue use and cleanse immediately!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Brandy26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy using this moisturizer. It goes on smoothly (especially after using Clinique's 7 Day Scrub) and absorbs completely & quickly. I have oily skin and can't stand the feeling of moisturizer sitting on top of my skin. I can't say that this is perfect at moisturizing because it doesn't seem to provide that much moisture. But, for me, being so oily, it's great. I occasionally use Clinique Moisture Surge if I need extra moisturizing in the morning, but usually I don't. It's on the expensive side for me, but it's worth it since it's the only one I've found that doesn't leave me with an oil slick in the morning.