November 24, 2014 | 1658 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Expensive, but you can get these on various sales or at Marshalls/TJ Maxx if you live in the USA for super cheap ($6). This one smells nice. It's very lightly fragranced compared to the others, so it's good to use all over without smelling overpowering. It seems to work great. I don't have overly dry skin, but my legs tend to get very itchy in winter from being dry, so I've applied this to them and they've stopped itching. :) The tubs are cute and the texture of the butter is almost solid, but like others have said, once you rub it in it melts like butter and rubs in easily. I don't think I'd use these in summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Feliciatjkr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite body butters! The scent is quiet mysterious, it has nutty, warm, creamy, perfumey, and unisex fragrance which i reeeeally love. The texture is meant for very dry skin. In this humid, hot weather in indonesia, it leaves both greasy and oily feeling, so i only use this for my skin protection in air-conditioned room. The butter really stays on my skin, leaving it soft and smooth all day :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by deanna424

When I used this in the winter it seemed to absorb better on my dry skin. Now, in the summer it just leaves me looking oily and I still feel a little greasy hours later. I do love the smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

I'm wondering why I haven't tried this before. On & off, for years I've used the Cocoa Butter body lotion as well as the Creamy Body Wash and love them both. Not so much the Body Butter. Thick, it leaves a tacky film at the surface of my skin. The fragrance, well that's the most disapointing aspect. Smelling this in the jar I find the fragrance similar to the other 2 products mentioned but on my skin it's a completely different odor. It almost smells like plastic, quite weird and very unpleasant. Even though it is very thick, I didn't find it more moisturizing than the body lotion. Good thing I bought the small container.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the scent of this body butter, however, the other day I just so happened to look at the ingredients and was rather disappointed. I thought it was an all natural product but, it's not. There are cones in it that don't really provide moisture, just a coating feeling on you. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another amazing product from BS. Can't live without this--the scent is not strong but clean, a nice smelling cream that doesn't overwhelm you with perfume, but moisturizes really well. This is the only product that moisturizes my legs enough that they don't itch. Fab!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good dry down time and i can use this on my hands without having that greasy feeling. Smells OK, like to try the coconut but wouldnt buy again due to price and packaging only.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely scent. However I find that it is very greasy, it is only suitable for very dry skins.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by stls

Now, that's what I call a heavy duty moisturizer.
Leaves the skin smooth and baby soft, especially after shaving.
Texture it thick, almost solid. But if you warm it up with fingers transforms into cream. Takes some time to absorb.
The scent is nutty and powdery, almost comforting. Lingers for quite awhile but won't clash with your perfume.
I like the packaging, the body shop tubs are so recognizable, seem almost retro to me...
I mostly use it during winter because of the texture and scent.
I don't think I'll buy again though because I don't have dry skin and feels a bit too heavy for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mayokish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you want soft, baby smooth skin, this is THE product to buy! Just a day after using this body butter, I immediately felt the difference in my skin. Like, I can't stop smoothing my hands over my body because I'm like "Whoaaa, since when do I have such soft skin?!"

It smells nice in my opinion; fresh yet musky. It's surprisingly easy to spread although it can feel a little sticky like every other body butter from The Body Shop. I wear it to sleep and I'm sure my blanket smells of shea - I suggest everyone to smell the product before buying it. Last but not least, it's fair traded shea butter AND not tested on animals :)