August 21, 2014 | 1814 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by deanna424

When I used this in the winter it seemed to absorb better on my dry skin. Now, in the summer it just leaves me looking oily and I still feel a little greasy hours later. I do love the smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

I'm wondering why I haven't tried this before. On & off, for years I've used the Cocoa Butter body lotion as well as the Creamy Body Wash and love them both. Not so much the Body Butter. Thick, it leaves a tacky film at the surface of my skin. The fragrance, well that's the most disapointing aspect. Smelling this in the jar I find the fragrance similar to the other 2 products mentioned but on my skin it's a completely different odor. It almost smells like plastic, quite weird and very unpleasant. Even though it is very thick, I didn't find it more moisturizing than the body lotion. Good thing I bought the small container.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the scent of this body butter, however, the other day I just so happened to look at the ingredients and was rather disappointed. I thought it was an all natural product but, it's not. There are cones in it that don't really provide moisture, just a coating feeling on you. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another amazing product from BS. Can't live without this--the scent is not strong but clean, a nice smelling cream that doesn't overwhelm you with perfume, but moisturizes really well. This is the only product that moisturizes my legs enough that they don't itch. Fab!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good dry down time and i can use this on my hands without having that greasy feeling. Smells OK, like to try the coconut but wouldnt buy again due to price and packaging only.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely scent. However I find that it is very greasy, it is only suitable for very dry skins.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by stls

Now, that's what I call a heavy duty moisturizer.
Leaves the skin smooth and baby soft, especially after shaving.
Texture it thick, almost solid. But if you warm it up with fingers transforms into cream. Takes some time to absorb.
The scent is nutty and powdery, almost comforting. Lingers for quite awhile but won't clash with your perfume.
I like the packaging, the body shop tubs are so recognizable, seem almost retro to me...
I mostly use it during winter because of the texture and scent.
I don't think I'll buy again though because I don't have dry skin and feels a bit too heavy for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mayokish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you want soft, baby smooth skin, this is THE product to buy! Just a day after using this body butter, I immediately felt the difference in my skin. Like, I can't stop smoothing my hands over my body because I'm like "Whoaaa, since when do I have such soft skin?!"

It smells nice in my opinion; fresh yet musky. It's surprisingly easy to spread although it can feel a little sticky like every other body butter from The Body Shop. I wear it to sleep and I'm sure my blanket smells of shea - I suggest everyone to smell the product before buying it. Last but not least, it's fair traded shea butter AND not tested on animals :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does what it says on the pot. Moisturises very well, absorbed quickly without greasiness and I donit find the scent too overpowering . The price is ok, given that there are usually deals on at the Body Shop (3 for 2 or buy one get the second half price etc). It would be 5 lippies if the pot was bigger or it was a teeny bit cheaper.

I've tried the cheaper Boots version and, in my opinion, it doesn't moisturise as well and leaves skin greasier.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Do I like this? Yes. Love it? No. Worth the price? Maybe.

This is my first body butter from TBS but I've tried tons from other brands - mostly SpaResource (Walmart brand in Canada) and Delon. I need some HEAVY MOISTURE because I swim nearly everyday so my skin is extremely dry from the pool chlorine. Besides, I live in Canada and right now it's the cold season. Anyway, so when I go swimming the morning after I apply this, I can FEEL the butter on my skin when I jump in the water. It's pretty disgusting, it feels like there is a thick layer of glycerine coating my skin and it won't go away. It's very useful in the pool though because it acts like petroleum jelly would - it isolates my skin from its outer environment, which keeps it from drying up really fast when in contact with the chlorine.

Consistency:
- Very much like shortening IMO. Yes, you know the type that you use to grease up your pan... This product truly lives up to it's "butter" name. It's very reminiscent of spreading some margarine on my skin, which I daresay isn't very appealing to me.

Smell:
- Clean, not very sweet. Pleasant though, I like it.

Moisturization:
- Good, but not outstanding. Delon mango body butter and Boots Extracts shea butter performed just as well or better. I find myself using this up really quickly, despite the very thick consistency. I've purchased a jumbo-sized container (holds 400 ml) about a week ago and I've used up at least a quarter, if not a third of it already! It's pretty ridiculous considering the cost (CDN $18 for a 200 ml container).

Bottom line:
- Will use up all my back ups (I bought a few during the christmas sale because I expected this to be the greatest s*it ever) but will stick to cheaper alternatives that work as well. Even Vaseline cocoa butter might do the trick - not as well, but I'd be satisfied nonetheless.