November 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Crème - Smashbox - Camera Ready Full Coverage Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by GoldieHawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always used liquid foundation, so this was something new for me. I got the F1 compact on the cheap at ACW, and it worked well for me, but was just a tiny bit too dark for my wintery pale skin. I had a 20% off coupon for Sephora, so I placed an order for the F0 and it is the perfect shade. (I'll switch to the F1 in summer).

The only drawback is the price, in my opinion. Regularly $38. I'd only buy it at sale/discount/coupon price. But I really, really like it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by annievell

***UPDATE****nevermind. this product looks awesome fresh, but just CANT last. it easily comes off even with loads of powder over it, and if you have the SLIGHTEST dry skin, this product with emphasize it. :( the search continues....

okay, so i just got this today, and i must say... i LOVE it! i NEED foundation, i NEED good coverage and i NEED it to last pretty well throughout the day. i used to use Luxiva (merle norman) Lasting foundation, which i was pretty content with, but because it "dried" on my skin, it just would NOT look natural after a while...very mask like. This however, gives a very natural looking finish. for complete coverage you should build. and most importantly....i would NEVER wear this alone. you need some sort of powder over it because otherwise it wont set i actually use bare minerals (matte) over this to get PERFECT coverage and finish with the new urban decay "all nighter" spray. i think i've found my holy grail of makeup. *please dont break me out!!!!*

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Lapofluxury

I was recommended this product by a sales associate at Sephora when I specified my needs:

I am on accutane, therefore my skin is dry,
Since I am on accutane, the fact that I have acne prone skin and scarring is obvious.

This product is NOT for people with dry skin. I should have known this as it is blatantly obvious when the product specifically states that it is a cream to POWDER. Powder and dryness don't work well together. It will sit in your pores and look very ashy and dry.

Now I will say however that the coverage was great and that this foundation would have worked had I still had oily skin. I think it would definitely be one to be considered for oily skin people. I gave it a 3 to be fair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by suraimcfly

After 2 months of tediously (and expensively) trying brand after brand from makeupalley and sephora highest rated list, Smashbox and Kanebo came out the clear winners. I have asian dry in winter oily in summer skin. This foundation does what I expect for an HG everyday foundation: flexible coverage, stay true color (absolutely the ONLY one that didn't turn orange/yello after 8 hours), soft to touch, head turning, compliment getting, break-out free, non-cakey, natural matte with soft lit glow. All other high end powers matted me like a mask. Here's what I tried for powder foundation and rate as 2nd place winners: Cle du Peau, Shiseido Compact, Kanebo Lunsol. I was disappointed with: Shu Umera, Channel, La Prairie, Sisley, Mac Mineralize, YSL, Lorac, Bare Minerals, Chanatelle, Revlon ColorStay, Neutrogena, Napoleon Pardis, Tarte, Lancome.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by gregswifey

I loved this the first week I had it, but then I started to notice that it turned my face orange. Not cool. Since that is not the look I am going for, I will not be repurchasing this product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by taya786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG......What more can i say????
My husband bought me Mufe hd foundation in 155 and the hd finishing powder...I did not like it at all not the right color,makes me like a oil pot after 30min,I look so tired.I dont care about how my pictures will look if i look ugly in person....I did not like it doesnt mean that i cant work for someone else....So try it and see.
THan i went to return it and the ma first used laura marcier on me and the darkest color was just to rosy for me...Than he used smashbox in m1....with mufe finishing powder...I was in love all over again.I love this foundation its a perfect match looks great in light...I couldnt stop looking at myself...And now im writing this review after 7hrs and still look great....I would recommend for oily skin....
I think each persons skin is different if something works for me doesnt mean it will work for you try it and see.....Good luck
Btw I'm a nc37-40

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by radarlove

Total HG product for me. I didn't have high expectations for this - it's definitely not the type of product I thought I'd like. For reference, I have dry, acne prone skin and can break out at the drop of a hat. I tend to stay away from compacts because they can be drying and I prefer the dewy finish that usually comes from liquid foundations. I don't wear a full face of foundation every day - sometimes I wear none or just a bit around my nose and forehead where I have acne scars. This stuff is fantastic...the creme finish does not look cakey or emphasize my dry spots, it looks NATURAL. My skin looks effortlessly flawless when I wear this, it does not look like I'm wearing makeup at all. Best yet, it doesn't feel like you're wearing makeup either, which is my least favourite part of wearing foundation. And it is SO easy to use...it's perfect for on-the-go. Plus, the brush it comes with actually works, shockingly. Usually I throw those little brushes right in the trash but this one is good quality and is perfect for applying this product. It is soft and blends really well, and I actually prefer it to my MAC 190 for this product. The key is to not use too much and to blend, and luckily the brush it comes with makes it easy. My skin is fickle and I've never found a foundation that I like until now. This stuff is a godsend. It's expensive but so worth it. Will repurchase over and over.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by athnamas

I was using Benefit's Some Kind-a Gorgeous (The Foundation Faker) and was looking to step it up a notch. The price difference doesn't really seem that steep, but from around $30 to about $40 is still quite a bit.

I was intimidated by the brush at first, because I've never applied foundation with a brush before, only a sponge, but it turned out to be easy-peasy. The concept is that you don't need to buff to blend after application because the brush does it already, but I still do, since I find that the coverage is a tiny bit too "fakey".
Maybe I'm just overly picky because I tend to like the I-just-look-like-this-I'm-not-really-wearing-makeup look.
I wear this for nights out and fancy dinners.

Its also great if you have very little time (in the bathroom at a restaurant) because the coverage is good and I don't find it need to use concealer as well, for blemishes and dark circles.

Its very portable, which is great, and not too delicate, so I can just throw it in my bag if I like.

The gripes I have about this is that the mirror is far too small, and the brush begins to smell, cooped up in that little compartment all the time. I try to leave it out after I clean it when I'm at home, so it can breathe a bit. I don't know if this actually makes any difference.
In comparison, the brush is far more hygienic than the sponge that the Benefit comes with.

(I would actually like to rate this 3.5, because 4 seems a little too high for how I feel about this foundation.)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kimmi_mtlqc

I bought this product since I liked the concept of applying a foundation with a brush; since it did come with a cute brush I decided to give it a try. The product claims it is oil-free and I figured it would be good for my combination skin. The application is beautiful and I thought it would stay like that! After 2 hours my forehead became greasy even after applying a mattifying powder. I did find my pores look enlarged and overall the staying power is not great; it seemed midway through the day that I didn't have much foundation left on my face. I also noticed the foundation did not seem to dry to a powdery finish, when I spoke on the phone I noticed that there were traces of foundation left on the phone, ugh.....For the price this foundation is definitely not worth the money. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by saribee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Fair F0, used it for about 2 months, and then I realized I really really did not like it. Which was upsetting because I had high hopes- it was so expensive and by a well-known brand. It does go on nicely and creamy, bu it sits on your pores and is really visible. Also, it doesn't blend well...I was left with smears of make up on my skin wherever I had brushed it on.
I was shiny a couple hours later and my make up was visible.
Also, I consistantly broke out in the same places while I used this product. Which is the opposite of when I used Bare Minerals, which I'm going to go back to.