September 1, 2014 | 1883 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by dawnwong

To be honest, I can't tell if the primer actually does make my make up stay on for longer. But used together with the HD Liquid Foundation and Loose Powder, I'm pleased with the overall effect.

This hasn't made my skin break out and my make up stays on for 12 hour days. No complaints except it is rather pricey. I should be repurchasing when I'm out, or I might try without a primer to compare. Will update if I do compare.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by bectee

This primer is great coupled with MUFE's HD foundation! It feels light on the skin, moisturises, colour corrects and helps your foundation last a tad longer (HD foundation on its own already lasts pretty long). HOWEVER it does not do much for it terms of creating matte skin or filling pores so if you're looking for a primer in that area this is NOT for you! But if you're looking for a lightweight colour corrector this maybe pricey but I find other colour correcting primers that have good coverage enhance my dry patches whereas this one moisturise. Will definitely repurchase =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

I see this one makes my makeup set better and also moisturizing my face. what I like about this is it makes makeup not to melt down. the day I apply this primer, my makeup last longer and set better.
but.. it tends to break my skin out little bit... so i get rid of one luppie

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by DazzleGlam

I don't like how liquid like this primer is. It works alright, but if you're looking for a high end primer I would go with something different. I feel it only works well if you're using all MUFE HD products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I love the hd foundation and cannot imagine life without it the primer is good not great I say this because my other primer works better for me. I have the "yellow" as I wanted to try something other than silicone as I have lancome la base which is awesome and I wanted a primer that could be used more of a lightweight moisturizer. The yellow does lighten the complexion so bewarned if you use more than a small amount you will see a noticeable difference in pictures (not a good look at least for me) I love my golden olive skin and I was wary of this primer for that very reason. The smell is not so nice but I can live with it as the primer does keep me from getting oily and keeps the makeup flawless but I believe the lancome la base works out better for me just because I love that flawless creepy makeup look that the silicone provides. But this primer does a very nice job and I will continue to use it until it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this in Caramel. My skin is both sensitive and acne-prone and this doesn't seem to worsen either of those things. It does help my foundation last ALL DAY and keeps my mineral makeup from looking gray and ashen by day's end. When my skin is particularly bad (like now :( ) I will wear this alone when working out. It doesn't cover everything but it makes me feel slightly less self-conscious about all my hyperpigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my second primer, my first face primer was the body shop matte it primer, but sadly, I didn't like the silky texture and then I had little bumps on my forehead, and when I stopped using it, my bumps went away, So this thing kind of broke me out....
SOO I decided to try something that wasn't too much of a silicone base, and I found the makeupforever one, I have this in number 7, I was planning to get the clear one because my skin doesn't have any problems.... besides dark circles, and the sales told me that the clear one had silicone, so I looked away from that and saw other colors, I was planning to get purple, because it brightens up your face, but then I saw pink, and the tube is a soft rose pink, but honestly, it's just like the clear color, it doesn't brighten up anything or so, which is good, but less silicone base!
So yeah, it keeps my blush last all day! and I love ittttt
highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

credit where it's due - this primer is pretty good in so much as it helps keep product in place for longer than without a primer. purchased a bottle of the white / transparent 3 years ago and only recently came back to it.

thoughts on this product:

1) it's smooth consistency makes it easy to apply, and it seem to dry fairly quickly. it applies well over both cream and serum moisturizers.

2) this works very well with my powder foundation (mac studiofix in N3) - prevents oxidation, movement of product, and gathering areas where foundation may move throughout the day (corners of nose, mouth, etc.)

3) the pump dispenser is hygienic, i just wish it gave me a bit more control over the amount that comes out.

4) this does not have an irritating smell nor does it make the eye area sensitive / burny.

5) the price. oh my god, the price. while i do like this primer, i'm not sure i would purchase another bottle of this simply due to the price. i don't have a problem spending money on something when it's totally worth it - having said that i have used other primers prior to (and after) this one that are just as good (if not better, for my skin and makeup needs anyway) for considerably less money.

i think, if your skin reacts best with this primer compared to others, it's probably worth it's weight in gold. if your skin can use other primers this may seem unnecessarily expensive as it's quite a basic primer.

said i wouldn't purchase this again, and this is only because the price point isn't justifiable for my needs. this is in no way indicative of the primer's abilities.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I got the mini tube one at Sephora which I think is Neutral 0. I have an acne-prone/oily(esp. T zone)/sensitive skin so I'm always careful when trying new stuff. And my nose is oilier than BP oil spill. This kept my powder fdn matte for 4h at work(coffee shop) and gives it a slight "lit from within natural glow". Nothing oily-skinned people should be wary about. Might try the full size in Caramel or Pink

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG primer. If I'm wearing any foundation, this is under it. Nothing applies as smoothly without it. Sure I'll shop around and test other primer every so often, thinking that a thicker one will mask lines better or fill in pores but they tend to make everything cake and the line blurring doesn't last. This one though, this is thin but it's moisturizing and smoothing enough to hide dips and crevices without being a thick gel. It doesn't break out my sensitive highly reactive skin either. Repurchased 4 times since it came out.

Two caveats, I wouldn't wear this on its own nor will I buy it in pump packaging. It looks too dewy for me without at least powder over it. I always hunt down and stock up on the travel size ones as they're in a tube 0.5oz at less than half the price (easier to get the last bit of product out). The pump bottles break easily and it's near impossible to get the primer out near the end. On a no makeup day I'll tone my skin and leave it at that or wear the light pink L'Oreal primer (in the pot) over moisturizer as it's very mattifying and blurs redness even tho it's rubbish under foundation.

LOVE MUFE HD Primer in #0 neutral.