September 21, 2014 | 2058 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product off reviews alone and I'm glad I did. I chose #02 Beige Clair and when I put it on my face it appeared at once too pink, too yellow and too dark. However a bit of blending and the matching loose powder in the same colour later and I have a perfect colour match to my skin with no noticeable difference between my neck and face. You actually need to give the product 10mins to settle before you will see the final colour result. It looked all wrong in the bottle but settles perfectly on my skin.

The feel of it isn't quite weightless but it certainly doesnt look or feel mask like. The result is extremely natural and satin to matte finish. Once it dries it doesn't budge which is perfect. thisnis the only foundation I have ever used that with less than professional technique gives a look very close to a magazine finish. I've never had anything that looked so great on my skin before and my skin is very, very far from being perfect. The coverage is medium, some skin imperfections will still show through but I prefer that as it's a more natural finish and doesn't look like you've piled
tones of makeup on. I topped it off with concealer in my dark areas, Guerlains Loose Voilettes powder in #02 Beige Clair and it looks perfect. I always had problems with blush looking bad on me because it would get lost in the uneven skin tone showing through underneath. But with this foundation, my same blushes give excellent and very pretty colour payoff, they stay true to their original colour.

I am so pleased with the result of this that I think the $60 it costs is a very small price to pay. I gave up wearing liquid foundations years ago because of their poor results but I'm converted now. It's light enough to wear everyday and I will report back on the longevity once I've given it a proper road test.

Road testing - I work as a flight attendant and the aircraft cabin is a really peculiar environment. Products that are excellent at sea level often fail miserably onboard. The air is so dry that your skin goes into overdrive producing oil and it's not unusual for makeup to slide off your face within a few hours. I work 10hr shifts without any time to reapply my makeup so it has to go on in the morning and stay there all night. I'm glad ot report that this makeup lasts more than a typical shift for me. I look as perfect at the end of a day as I did when my makeup was fresh. It stays put, doesn't dry my skin out and never loses it's velvety sheen which I like so much. Even better I no longer end up with foundation all over my uniform. This is the perfect foundation for someone who works this job. My skin is normal to dry but my nose gets oily as all heck. This foundation copes with all of that and feels very kind to my skin. You do have to use an oil based makeup remover to get it off though because it's not budging fr anything. I even soaked my face with water at the end of shift to try and get it to run. The water beaded on my skin and that foundation was not moving at all.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by marie29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

04 Moyen Beige. Just an excellent product. Bought after viewing this site looking for a foundation last year. Have used them all...from the cheapest to expensive. It was hard to match my skin at first (it changes a little after application) but I have never used a foundation that looks so natural, goes on so smooth, stays on all day and is an A in my book. Make sure that you shake this really good before pumping it out. You only need a little bit with a good application brush and then finish with a sponge. If you don't shake it- it will come out very runny and not the right color. Last summer I worked outside in up to 103 degree heat photographing and although my eye makeup was running down my face- the Purure Extreme did not budge. And it has spf 25! This stuff is pretty awesome at a pretty awesome price! I do use it now only for "going somewhere" special" and use, believe it or not - L'oreal Absolut Foundation in Sun Beige on a regular basis as well as Laura Mercier Tinted oil free moisture makeup in Sand. I picked up the L'oreal Absolut at Target for $10.65!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What can I say?! Guerlain foundations just do it for me. This is my special ocassion foundation. I wear the same shade in this line that I do in the Guerlain Lingerie d' peau (#23). It is a bit more matte than Lingerie but it still has a great Luminous finish. It maybe 4 dollars more than Chanel Mat Lumiere's but I will pick Guerlain foundations over Chanel's any day. This foundation is GORGEOUS in coverage, finish, staying power. I really do love this foundation. And just like with the Lingerie d' peau I set it with MAC MSF Natural in Medium Dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by QuirkyFashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This foundation is really as long-lasting as promised, it provides medium to full coverage when applied with a good brush (I use a flat-top) without giving a mask-like finish, and the packaging is super-pretty. However, it does tend to give me a slight orange hue after oxidizing, so I have to use a color-correcting lfinishing powder in lilac over it to not look orangey.

If they sold the lightest shade here in Norway, I would love this more- the lightes shade sold here is 02, which is a little bit too dark and warm for my skin tone.

The lasting power and coverage this my HG foundation, until I recently discovered Skin Base from Illamasqua, which is now my new favorite foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by maquillagequeen

This is one of my absolute HG foundations. It is ideal for combination or oily skins and sets to a matte finish. It has a very silky, thin, light and liquidy texture that blends seamlessly, although must be done relatively quickly before the product sets. The coverage is medium to full. As is the case with many matte foundations of this style, as it dries and sets, the color slightly deepens. Definitely keep that in mind when trying out this foundation or others with similar properties. The thin yet opaque texture of this foundation is what I think makes it a real winner. It is like the most elegant, high end version of Estee Lauder Double Wear. With the right color match it looks so natural and flawless.
I wear this in shade 02 that I buy in the US. It is ever so slightly too dark for me in the winter months if I don't pay attention blending. When I traveled to Paris this year, I went to the Champs-Elysees flagship store and got this in 32, a lighter, more yellow based shade and bought 4 bottles! 32 is approximately equivalent to a MAC NC22 with more yellow/beige undertones (great against hints of redness), whereas the 02 I buy in NY is like an NC27 with beige to slightly pink undertones. Now that it is summer, I am back to wearing the 02, but for most of the year I am so happy to have 32. This color can be purchased in France and Japan I believe, or ordered online. (strawberrynet?)
The similar foundation is the newer Lingerie de Peau which I also like very much. This also has a matte finish and is quite similar to Parure Extreme, but with less, even more natural coverage (light to almost medium) and even better blendability, like a "matte tinted moisturizer". I use that when my skin happens to be in near perfect shape, when it's close to blemish free and just need to even out skin tone. I don't think either of these foundations would be suitable for dry skin, unless specifically looking for longer wear time. For drier skins, Guerlain has other options like Parure Aqua or Gold.
I love this foundation!!!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like that this foundation really covers VERY well, no need for concealer, but I found that it made me look older and was a little too mask like/heavy for me. It oxidised a little on me after a few hours wear in very hot humid weather. Staying power was good thou. I am NC35 with a tan and the r'ose naturel #23 was a beatiful peachy gold that matched my skin nicely. Im not sure if I will buy a full bottle yet as the other colors #3 and #4 are very beigey and looked ashy against my peachier more golden skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

If you want a medium coverage foundation that will last all day, control oil and make your pores seem like canyons while not forgetting to accentuate every fine line you have (and some you didn't even know you had to start with), then this foundation is for you!

I was really excited to try this as the girl in Sephora was RAVING about it (she was also 22 and didn't have a trace of fine lines and had the pores of a 8 year old). She gave me a very generous sample, enough for at least a week, if not more. I wore this for 3 consecutive days and each day was worse than the previous.

6:30 a.m. Upon first application, it was beautiful! Covered perfectly! I didn't even need to use a concealer under my eyes. I was glowing and radiant!

8:00 a.m. Arrived at work, OMG!!! I had all these crepey lines under my eyes (and no i didn't use too much at all! I was expecting to put concealer over it so I went very lightly).

10:00 a.m. Foundation had pooled in my laugh lines, and in the crease around my nostrils. Smudged it away and all was ok.

6:00 p.m. Got home from work. Foundation still going strong (coverage, color), but I looked 10 years older than I did in the morning.

Tried it again the following 2 days, with / without a primer... different moisturizer after my shower... not a whole lot of difference unfortunately.

End result. Not impressed. Will not purchase. Honestly, I still have at least 4-5 more applications in the sample and it's going in the trash. A definite shame as I love Guerlain products for the most part.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

This is a really great foundation. I love everything about it.. down to the bottle, classic Guerlain scent, to the consistency, coverage, etc. First, the bottle is constructed of a thick glass with a plastic pump and hard plastic cover. It's pretty heavy to carry around - probably my heaviest foundation bottle I've owned. It contains 1 oz of product.. but weighs in close to 6 oz. (Hence the hefty $56 price tag). This foundation has a very pleasant smell - similar to the scent of YSL Faux Cils Mascara.. yum. The consistency is quite thin, and due to it's consistency, you'd figure this foundation would be sheer. But actually, once it's smoothed on the face, it provides a beautiful medium coverage that builds extremely well. Guerlain recommends using your fingers to apply this, so I take a little less than a pump, and work it into my face as if it was a moisturizer. Then, I squirt out a little bit more - again less than a pump and take my Duo Fibre brush and go over my face in soft, circular motions making sure to blend everything in well. The result is amazing. Perfect skin that looks like actual skin. The finish is satiny - it's not dewy/nor matte. I love the luminous finish, so I don't always set it with powder. When I set it with powder though, it lasts much longer. When I'm in a rush, I take a little amount and work it in my face with my fingers and it evens out my skintone very well and gives me a healthy radiance. With a little amount, the redness from my cheeks peeks through a bit, which I really like at times when i'm wearing minimal makeup. I absolutely love this foundation and I will continue purchasing it. For reference, I'm anywhere from NC30-NC40. I own this in 3 & 4 and #3 is a better match for me. I'd say it's great for NC30-35.. maybe even NC37. Now #4 was too dark for me even when I'm NC40. I was told that EVEN numbers are pink toned and ODD numbers are yellow. Thats probably why #3 works so well on me. (You can check my photos for color comparisons.. I have #4 compared to other foundations I use)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Parure Extreme does last all day with little to no touch-ups...I am a MAC nc25, and I bought beige claire, which was a good match until it began to oxidize over several hour of wear and turn orange. Also, this foundation provides almost too good of coverage...it covers all, but it does leave a mask-like look even using it sparingly and having tried several application techniques (beauty blender, brushes, fingers, sponges). I just couldn't get this foundation to work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by mellowlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is the longest wearing foundation I have ever tried. The finish is matte and coverage is light to medium. Texture can be best described as light and fluid but not watery which makes it easy to spread with your fingers.

My only issue with it is finding a color match. The lightest shade available in the US is 02 Beige Clair and the intensity is OK but there is an orangy tone (looks like oxidation but it's just the foundation shade). It seems like it will suit someone who is light, but slightly tanned.

There is a very fragrance that you can smell that lingers for a while after its applied, which I don't care for, but overall it doesn't bother me too much. I'm considering ordering 01 or 32 overseas but am afraid 01 might be too light or 32 might be too dark.

The gold bottle looks very luxe and pretty. However, it may not be the most practical because you can't see how much is left. Hope this helps someone. Any reviews on shades 01 or 32 would be appreciated!

***EDIT*** I had the chance to swatch 01 and 32 when I was in Asia. 01 is very pale, best for NC15. 32 is the best match for NC20.