October 20, 2014 | 2075 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by lisaglam11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. It is a drier formula which I like and gives my lashes length and volume. It may just be my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by inesvilafanha

This is the best mascara I've ever tried, in my whole life. I've tried (for example) the maybelline one (in the purple packaging) and nothing beats this one.
I wear glasses and this is the only one that makes my eyes really pop out. It's pricey, but I got mine almost a year ago and it's still going. It didn't dry and even if it's not waterproof it doesn't smudge. It's perfect and worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by dlsdls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the most dramatic mascara I have used. I've always thought that black mascaras (whether they are black, very black, extreme black, carbon black, etc.) all just look black. Smoky Lash is the only one I have used that actually seems more than just black. The result is lashes that are sexy and, yes, smoky.

I can get incredible volume with this mascara, but need to keep a lash comb on hand because I can't seem to avoid clumping during application. I've heard a lot of people say that they don't like the texture of Smoky Lash once dried. It definitely feels crunchy and unnatural but this doesn't bother me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This seems to go on well (nice brush) and makes lashes look great. My complaint is that it flakes (I have many, many black marks around my eye around the day) and it seems to somehow flake into my eyes, making them hurt (it is now about 3 hours after I have removed it, and I still have pain/burning in my eyes from whatever flaked into them). No, it is not due to something else since the only thing that has varied in my routine is adding the MUFE Smoky Lash Mascara, which I just got at Sephora as a reward for my 500 points. A loser for me, sadly. My favorite is still L'Oreal Beauty Tubes Mascara (and a lot cheaper).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jbwoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a freebie with a purchase from Sephora and I have to say, it's one of the very best I have tried. I have long, thin lashes and I love this because it thickens, darkens, and volumizes. I have a hard time finding mascaras that don't make my lashes look spidery. This gives my lashes a more dramatic look but still feathery. It stays on well, too. I gave it a 4 because it is so pricey. Given that you have to switch mascaras out every 3-4 months I just don't spend much on them. Otherwise a great mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I personally find this better than the Dior mascaras. I wouldn't repurchase because I don't really wear mascara. I find that after awhile my eyelashes start thinning and falling out. This makes my lashes nice and thick without clumping.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Shakeyhound

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this mascara because the sephora girl recommended it since I like a dramatic mascara but also have sensitive eyes. This mascara really does thicken lashes very well, but doesn't do anything to lengthen, which is good for me but I dont think most people will care for that. If you have long lashes this is great, but probably not so much for short lashes.
I have really irritatable, allergy induced watery eyes, and I haven't had any smudging from that, and the one time I got it in my eye it didnt burn or itch at all.
I like this, I will repurchase until I get bored and want to try something else, but even then I can see myself going back to this

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
-Easy to remove since it removes itself throughout the day

Cons:
-Dry and hard to apply
-Goes on Clumpy
-Flakes off eyelashes after an hour
-Adds volume in clumps but no length
-Leaves Raccoon circles under eyes
-Does not hold a curl
-Expensive

One of the WORST mascaras i have ever tried! I am returning this to Sephora over the weekend. Very dissapointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by MargShim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

*I have thin lashes that stick out straight/go down, but they are pretty long and more full than not*
WELL- I have mixed feelings about this mascara....
I tried this at Sephora with one of those disposable wands and LOVED it SO much... My lashes looked so amazing, yet still natural....
I brought it home and played around with it for a few months, and discovered the following:
1) It created none-very slight length, though it added tremendous volume to my lashes. However, because the volume-length ratio was about 4:1, my lashes looked kind of weird
2) If I waited a long time in between coats of applying this, my lashes would clump together in thick chunks
3) Blinking my eyelids/ applying the mascara wand to the tips to add length did NOT work 80-90% of the time, and my eyelashes would get stuck together
4) It was pretty difficult to remove- not impossible, but definitely needed a lot of makeup remover
5) I am pretty sure this flaked throughout the day... Not serious flakage, but very noticeable
6) Did not hold a curl. At all. Didn't droop my eyelashes so they stuck straight out, but they were barely lifted- and this was after curling my lashes beautifully
7) A whole lot of excess product was on the wand when I took it out from the tube. I think this mascara was intentionally manufactured like this, but it was super annoying and loads better when I wiped it off on the lips of the tube.
Overall- Lots and lots of volume, very rich black color, but it did not work exceptionally well with my lashes. I suggest this to people with naturally curled lashes that are kinda sparse...
Because of the price, I would not buy this again. But I suggest that people go to Sephora and try it for themselves- they can always return/ exchange it if they are not satisfied:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Kind of expensive, but I really like the dry formula and the way that it makes my lashes look. It doesn't clump and it looks great. Will probably repurchase if I make a little money! Haha.