Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

3.7

on 12/6/2012 10:02:00 AM

This mascara is one BIG DRAMA! I love it. Been searching for my new HG mascara since they discontinued Chanel Extreme Cils which made really thick and black lashes. This actually makes the same - just putting one layer is enough for deep, very dramatic (!!!) look. The black is SO black! Great replacement for the above mentioned Chanel - makes the same result and I am so happy to find it. Will def. repurchase.

on 11/27/2012 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

As I'm still looking for my HG mascara, I really wanted to love this mascara when my local Sephora associate swore by it. She was right - it doesn't clump at all when it is new.. but although it provided good coverage it didn't do anything miraculous for my lashes. In fact, I found it a bit thin when new and was happier after a few weeks when it actually began thickening a bit and adhering more to my lashes. Not an awful mascara at all but for the price it is a big "no" as a repurchase for me.

on 11/25/2012 10:26:00 PM

I love this mascara! its cheap compared to the other ones I like (Faux Cils, Eyes to Kill For. Chanel). Idk how to explain this mascara if its thickening, lenghting or whatever but it deff adds drama! I think it really volumizes my lashes and is really dramatic. I love it!

on 11/16/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, short / sparse lashes.

Often with mascaras, I feel like I need a booster such as Lancome Cils to thicken up the look of my lashes. As I keep working with this MUFE version from root to tip, I definitely get great volume... and you do have to work quickly, as people have noted the dry formula. I like the look of my lashes just by itself, that I reach for it more than others. Only it does not lengthen, so short of HG status.

on 10/16/2012 8:13:00 PM

I love how dark this mascara is. It definitely makes my eyelashes stand out. It could get clumpy and this mascara is definitely not the most smooth and natural looking one out there but I dont mind that look. It doesnt flake off or smudge during the day so I don't need to worry about my mascara running down my face at all (which is VERY important to me because I work 12 hour days in a busy kitchen). I also love that this doesn't have one of those annoying fat mascara brushes (like covergirl's lash blast). I'll definitely be repurchasing.

on 10/14/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

The sales associate sold me on this after she informed me that is was one of the blackest mascaras on the market. It goes on a little thick, and can be a little clumpy, but for some reason it just works. I really love this mascara! Im currently using Careprost to make my lashes grow and that in conjunction with this mascara I have some pretty intense lashes going on in my life right now.Will definitely purchase again.

Gives great volume and thickness without clumping. I have tried many different mascaras and this is one of the best that is able to thicken my lashes without leaving them feeling heavy and flaky after 4 or more hours of wear. It is long lasting and light feeling.

on 8/24/2012 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

This may be my HG mascara. Great volume and length, easy to apply, very little flaking, and it looks awesome. I didn't need a lash brush, it went on without clumping and no spider lashes. I will likely get this again.

on 8/5/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara. It is a drier formula which I like and gives my lashes length and volume. It may just be my HG.

This is the best mascara I've ever tried, in my whole life. I've tried (for example) the maybelline one (in the purple packaging) and nothing beats this one.
I wear glasses and this is the only one that makes my eyes really pop out. It's pricey, but I got mine almost a year ago and it's still going. It didn't dry and even if it's not waterproof it doesn't smudge. It's perfect and worth the price.