Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm

4.1

active ingredients: Octinoxate, Oxybenzone. Other ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butylrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, paraffin, persea gratissima (avocado butter), phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, ricinus communis

on 2/16/2011 9:13:00 AM

I found my HG lip balm! This is exciting news because I've basically tried everything. Well...not everything given that I refuse to pay more than $10 for a lip balm. I just feel that any limit higher than that would be impractical for a product that I'm going to be constantly reapplying.
Before this, the best I had found was Nivea. I started to hate the texture though, I felt like it just slid right off and I found it to make my lips even drier. I've bounced around between Chapstick, Burts Bees, Alba, and Blistex (deep renewal was pretty good), but this trumps them by far.
My lips (esp. in winter) are always chapped and I'm constantly picking at them, which is just a lovely mental image I know. I'm not kidding either, I would actually go through tubes (yes plural) of lip balm a week because my lips would constantly be flaking and I would keep applying more and more (it was a vicious cycle since the balm is what was most likely the cause but it was the only thing that made my lips feel better). Since using this, I have not had a single instance of dryness. It just glides right on and takes care of any problems. Being a Carmex product, there is a very very slight tingle when you put it on but definitely not as bad as using that famous little Carmex pot (which I actually like).
It's virtually scent-free (thank goodness, I have a very sensitive nose) and I love the sleek little tube and slanted tip. There's also SPF! There is a slightly glossy finish that some might not like but I'm not bothered by it since it's nowhere near as glossy as even a glossy lipstick. Another thing, I can finally wear lipstick whereas previously my lips were always in too bad of a condition for it to apply smoothly.
Perfection! Truly! I've already bought 3 back-ups, please don't discontinue!

EDIT: I'm actually deducting a point since I've noticed that this runs out very quickly. I did a little comparison with various other lip balms I have and I am shocked at how little product Carmex gives you! Carmex comes in a .075 oz/2 gr package compared to eos' (the sphere) .25 oz/7 gr, Nivea's .17 oz/4.8 gr, Chapstick Lip Moisturizer's .35/10 gr, and Alba's .15 oz/4.2gr. Considering all of those brands are the same price or cheaper than Carmex, it seems like less of a value since lip balm is something I use so often throughout the day. It's still a great formula though and since it has SPF, I can use it only during the day if I ever become overly concerned about how quickly I go through it.

on 2/13/2011 2:46:00 PM

I bought this on a whip from my target for about $2-$3. The packaging is sleek and very easy to travel with. The product is super smooth and thin. (which is a 180 from the original Carmex: a bit goopy and thick) This lip balm also has a tingly feel from the menthol in the product. (which I love!) The scent is pretty similar to the regular Carmex. (a generic medicated scent, not my choice scent but it doesn't bother me too much) This lip balm is very comfortable on my lips and moisturizes and stays on for an average amount of time. The only thing is that you don't get much product for what you pay for. (Carmex Moisture Plus has less product to offer and costs more.) I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an SPF lip balm. People who expect this to be like the regular Carmex formula should be warned.

on 2/9/2011 11:58:00 PM

I love this lip balm! I'm on amnesteem (accutane) right now and my lips are so dry. But the Moisture Plus is helping so much. I went out and bought a tube for every room in the house so I always have it nearby. It has a slight shine which is nice on its own but it also works great under lipstick.

on 2/9/2011 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love Carmex, so I had to have this. Huge mistake. It wears off so quickly that I went through my tube in 4 days. 4 days! And on top of that, it made my lipline really irritated and red while it was on. (I have no idea why, because regular Carmex and I get along great.) This was such a waste. :(

I cannot say enough about this lip balm. I have a pretty big pout, and I have tried virtually every lip product I can find. I always ended up with chapped lips until I came across this product. This goes on slick without being gooey or sticky. There is no caking, clumping, or feathering. I can slide my lipstick right over top of the lip balm and it looks fantastic. I reapply after I eat lunch and right before bed (maybe more often depending on the weather). This is very inexpensive and a must-have for me!

on 1/13/2011 6:16:00 PM

I use this every night when going to bed, after exfoliating my lips with a gentle toothbrush, and also during the day if I'm not wearing any lip color. Even in the super-dry winter my lips haven't gotten chapped once--they've been silky smooth and soft. I like the scent and the feel of it on my lips. Will buy again.

on 1/9/2011 2:19:00 PM

Provides a nice amount of moisture, nice sheen, worx well over my long wear lipsticks, love the vanilla scent. I use ONLY long wearing lipsticks and glosses. The clear stick that comes w/ long wearing lipsticks = workx fine unless I have very dry/chapped lips which, thanks to our lovely MN winters = have developed. This stuff only minimally reduces the length of time my lipsticks stay on (many other balms will allow the long wearing lipsticks to wear off almost immediately) but does provide a lot more moisture = LOVE it! I personally don't care for the original carmex scent - this stuff smells much better IMO. I will definitely repurchase! I have posted the ingredients from the carmex website. Not happy it containes oxybenzone = deduct 1 lippie

on 1/3/2011 1:13:00 PM

After going through two tubes or Fresh Sugar and a jane Iredale (all $$$) I decided to try cheaper. I love this Carmex in the slim tube. I also love the vit. E, ALoe and SPF 15 which I want in all my lip products. I like it. My lips are always chapped in the winter, even with lip products. So this is cheap enough and seems to help that I'll probably buy it again.

on 12/6/2010 2:39:00 PM

Started using this after using the original Carmex on my lips (chapped/peeling) for several weeks. Sadly, my lip situation got increasingly WORSE! I went to walgreens hoping to find something that would help. So far so good. I like that it leaves a nice sheen on my lips and I don't find myself having to reapply a few thousand times throughout the day!

on 11/27/2010 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm a chapstick-aholic.. Got this at Walgreens out of desperation, and If I remember correctly, it was definitely was not the cheapest ($) chapstick you could find at Walgreens.. but I'm adventurous. Anyway, I tried it, thought it felt disgusting and something about the smell was unsettling. Was going to return it, then again, out of desperation gave it another try. I realized, in fact that it was the perfect texture (for me).. it's like a gel-creamy-shiny-ness that seems to absorb at the perfect pace on me and looks pleasantly glossy. It isn't too thick and waxy, not a cream, not a super thin oily texture and instanly relieves the worst case scenario of chapped lips. LOVE the packacke- slim, convenient, angled. So, decided to keep it and will go back for more. Still, only gave it a 4 only because... well.. the smell is still unsettling.. can't even make out what it smells like.. but it's odd.

Popular Lip Treatments