NARS Super Orgasm

3.7

on 3/16/2012 2:33:00 AM

I got mine in my Danmari palette and between the orginal and this. I think this is more of a glowy pink, whereas orgasm is more coraly and has more gold undertones. This still however is a warm pink. I will have to agree that there is a lot of glitter in the blush, I havent had any issues with them ending up all over my face because i use a densely packed brush (MAC 109) and gently buff it into my face. When loading up the brush I kind of only tap it into the blush rather
than swirling so i find this helps with prevention of glitter getting onto the brush. If a few get onto my cheeks I just gently buff the colour in & blend till they all fall off. Its all in the brush and technique! I LOVE this blush, because it has such a gorgeous rosey glow and I highly recommend it! :))

on 2/22/2012 1:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Let me start off by saying I HATE THIS BLUSH!! okay now let me tell you why. It has large chucks of glitter that get everywhere. Even at night I wouldnt wear it. I know some people are into that look but its not for anybody who doesnt wanna look like a strobe light. Total waste of $28. I wish I could return it but I ordered it and unfortunately threw the return paper away. I had high expectations and now Im highly dissapointed. I wouldnt even give it to someone because I would hate to see a friend wear something so hideous!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this blush! I never cared for blushes with shimmer or glitter, but this started a craze for me. Super orgasm is a delicate pink with gold shimmer and glitter that just creates a glow on your cheeks. I find that it looks even better when layered over blushes, it acts as a blush/highlighter combo. It it a little messy with the packaging, because the blush is powdery and the glitters tend to get everywhere. But I keep it in the box that it came with to prevent that problem. This blush always makes me feel extra special when i put it on..maybe because it is so shimmery/glittery but most of the glitters do not transfer on the cheeks but drop off on the brush. So if you don't like glitter, this is probably not for you. But I love this, and it shows up on me just fine (NC 40-42).

on 1/24/2012 2:50:00 AM

I really like this blush for going out and just nighttime in general. It's very fun. Yes, there is glitter, but I haven't had much fallout. I use Orgasm during the day, and use Super Orgasm for special occasions and, like I said, going out. It gives a beautiful color.

on 1/11/2012 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Save yourself 21 and get a load of glitter and throw it on your face.

on 1/8/2012 11:10:00 PM

I ordered this blush online, after reading all the hype over the original orgasm blush. The color is very pretty, it's a peachy coral color. The only down fall is the huge chunks of gold glitter in it. I can only wear it at night because it does have a shimmer and bc of the glitter. Had I known that this had glitter in it I would not have bought it. It 's an expensive blush but it will last a while.

on 1/7/2012 4:51:00 PM

Absolute holy grail product for me. I use this daily. I received this as a gift and, honestly, I could have cried when I first looked at it! The glitter looks extremely obnoxious and obvious in the pan, so I was very reluctant to try it as I'm not a fan of glitter, but after much hesitation, I finally did and WOW! It's such a beautiful blush. The glitter sort of disappeared and gave me a lit from within glow on my fair, cool toned complexion. Applies like a dream, blends very well. Will repurchase again and again - well worth the money.

on 12/22/2011 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Lets get the main issue out of the way: the pink/peach base is actually the same for both Orgasm and Super Orgasm, even though Super Orgasm does look a bit lighter in the pan.

The only real difference between the two Orgasm blushes is that the original Orgasm contains the famous golden shimmery gleam, whilst SUPER ORGASM uses gold glitter particles instead and has no golden glow. The lack of shimmer means that SUPER ORGASM does apply sheerer and pinker on the skin then the original Orgasm does, so it does look different enough to justify buying it.

***

I haven't had any of the fall-out issues with SUPER ORGASM that I did with NARS other glittery cheek product - the Hungry Heart duo. A lot of the other reviewers have had fall-out using SUPER ORGASM; all I can suggest is that because I have porcelain skin I automatically tap excess product carefully of my brushes and use a very gentle touch for blush application, so maybe that it the reason?

***

Would I recommend it? It depends; SUPER ORGASM and Orgasm are both lovely shades, that are wearable on all skintones, but for most people I'd say that if you own one shade then you really don't need the other one too.

But for mega fans of the original Orgasm shade and/or NARS blush lovers, then yes I recommend SUPER ORGASM; the finishes of the two Orgasm blushes make the base colour appear noticeably different enough to warrant a purchase.

on 11/6/2011 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like the original Orgasm for the most part, and Super O looked promising in the compact, but the hope quickly plummeted upon application :(

Super Orgasm starts with a very similar base shade (peachy/coral with gold shimmer), but this one includes golden glitter, that not only does NOT transfer to the cheek upon application, but actually falls out onto me. I was having to dust glitter off my chest/shirt, etc., after applying it. The color payoff is suitable to smokier eye make up in that it's more subtle/natural, but the glitter all over the place makes this a no-go for me. Thankfully, I received the mini version as a freebie in a NARS order, however had I shelled out the $ for this, it would've gotten an even lower rating! Definitely not a winner for me. continued >>

on 10/23/2011 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased this at Sephora for $27. I had gone into Sephora prior to purchasing this and requested a sample of NARS Orgasm simply because I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. I found it pretty and when I went to Sephora to purchase a NARS blush, Super Orgasm caught my eyes. I'm a sucker for sparkly things. I wear this on a fairly regular basis and don't find it to be such a glitterbomb as some imply. I only put two light sweeps on my brush for each cheek and I buff it into my skin. While I find it to be a pretty blush, I put I wouldn't purchase that shade again because there are so many other NARS blushes that I would like to try.

Popular Blush Products