October 31, 2014 | 1415 users online

Blush - NARS - Super Orgasm

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Save yourself 21 and get a load of glitter and throw it on your face.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

I ordered this blush online, after reading all the hype over the original orgasm blush. The color is very pretty, it's a peachy coral color. The only down fall is the huge chunks of gold glitter in it. I can only wear it at night because it does have a shimmer and bc of the glitter. Had I known that this had glitter in it I would not have bought it. It 's an expensive blush but it will last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by nukacola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolute holy grail product for me. I use this daily. I received this as a gift and, honestly, I could have cried when I first looked at it! The glitter looks extremely obnoxious and obvious in the pan, so I was very reluctant to try it as I'm not a fan of glitter, but after much hesitation, I finally did and WOW! It's such a beautiful blush. The glitter sort of disappeared and gave me a lit from within glow on my fair, cool toned complexion. Applies like a dream, blends very well. Will repurchase again and again - well worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 5:33:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Lets get the main issue out of the way: the pink/peach base is actually the same for both Orgasm and Super Orgasm, even though Super Orgasm does look a bit lighter in the pan.

The only real difference between the two Orgasm blushes is that the original Orgasm contains the famous golden shimmery gleam, whilst SUPER ORGASM uses gold glitter particles instead and has no golden glow. The lack of shimmer means that SUPER ORGASM does apply sheerer and pinker on the skin then the original Orgasm does, so it does look different enough to justify buying it.

***

I haven't had any of the fall-out issues with SUPER ORGASM that I did with NARS other glittery cheek product - the Hungry Heart duo. A lot of the other reviewers have had fall-out using SUPER ORGASM; all I can suggest is that because I have porcelain skin I automatically tap excess product carefully of my brushes and use a very gentle touch for blush application, so maybe that it the reason?

***

Would I recommend it? It depends; SUPER ORGASM and Orgasm are both lovely shades, that are wearable on all skintones, but for most people I'd say that if you own one shade then you really don't need the other one too.

But for mega fans of the original Orgasm shade and/or NARS blush lovers, then yes I recommend SUPER ORGASM; the finishes of the two Orgasm blushes make the base colour appear noticeably different enough to warrant a purchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

I like the original Orgasm for the most part, and Super O looked promising in the compact, but the hope quickly plummeted upon application :(

Super Orgasm starts with a very similar base shade (peachy/coral with gold shimmer), but this one includes golden glitter, that not only does NOT transfer to the cheek upon application, but actually falls out onto me. I was having to dust glitter off my chest/shirt, etc., after applying it. The color payoff is suitable to smokier eye make up in that it's more subtle/natural, but the glitter all over the place makes this a no-go for me. Thankfully, I received the mini version as a freebie in a NARS order, however had I shelled out the $ for this, it would've gotten an even lower rating! Definitely not a winner for me. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by joy85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this at Sephora for $27. I had gone into Sephora prior to purchasing this and requested a sample of NARS Orgasm simply because I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. I found it pretty and when I went to Sephora to purchase a NARS blush, Super Orgasm caught my eyes. I'm a sucker for sparkly things. I wear this on a fairly regular basis and don't find it to be such a glitterbomb as some imply. I only put two light sweeps on my brush for each cheek and I buff it into my skin. While I find it to be a pretty blush, I put I wouldn't purchase that shade again because there are so many other NARS blushes that I would like to try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Whyyyyyy would NARS include this in their line?!?!? Its so chunky with glitter ugh its horrible. Pretty, but not realistic if you have huge pores like me :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

um, i feel like i'm missing something. this blush has huge chunks of gold glitter in it, so it looks totally unnatural on my fair skin...the base color is pretty, but i look like i'm about to perform on stage or something with all that glitter. got this as part of a set but would never purchase it-it's way too fake looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by colorsinbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

BEAUTIFUL color!!! Pink color with gold specks makes my tan skin look amazing, and glamourously natural. Easy to match with almost anything. This is a staple of mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by bowhaus

Received in a swap. When I went to swatch this with my finger I was a bit hesitant. It looked super dry and looked like I was going to swatch my finger on sand paper. The chunks of glitter took over and made the blush look super bumpy. Color was just ok and I didnt care for the glitter much (I love glitter, but this combo was just mediocre at best) I wanted to love it but had it swapped out immediately.