September 30, 2014 | 1904 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I don't know why I didn't got this any earlier, because now I don't wanna live without this EVER!! <3

I'm normally not even a "hairbrush-lover" and before I got this (to be honest), I never really brushed my hair, besides from when it was freshly washed. Brushing my hair made it really really frizzy, but with this little brush, it just glides through my hair and make it soooo soft and smooth! My hair is really long, thick and frizzy, but it also works AMAZING on my sister's hair. She's got also really long, but extremely fine and thin hair, and it makes her hair so silky soft as well. Since that, I guess it works on all hairtypes. I don't know about super curly, but I guess it does?

At least no matter what hairtype you have, this is DEFFINTLY worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by RiriG

My hair is thick, long(down to my waist), fairly frizzy and gets knotted easily. I bought it after trying my friends on my wet hair - it usually takes me ages to brush and is painful but this is amazing for de tangling hair wet or dry; it's so fast and doesn't hurt at all. It also keeps my hair detangled for much longer than when I use my normal brush. There are a lot of negative reviews saying that more hair than usual is being snapped/pulled out but I haven't found this to be the case at all. There were also negative reviews about the lack of handle, size, and price of it. I have the original size, I have tiny hands and no problems with it... I actually prefer it without a handle. Yes, it is not amazing quality but what are people expecting from something made of plastic? It's waterproof and easy to clean. I bought it half price (£5) from Space NK as I had a voucher, but even so £10 original price is not expensive at all! It's worth the money and would recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Hollykadwill

Great for your hair, love this when my hair is wet or dry! I am not a hundred percent if this has made a difference to my hair but it is now at its best condition :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I just don't understand the allure. This thing didn't even come close to working properly. I have very fine, damaged hair, that is always tangly. Always. All day. Every day. Ever since I was a kid. Period. That's why most of the time, I wear it up in a bun so I just don't have to deal with it. I untangle it in the morning using detangling spray & a widewooth comb, bun it, and don't touch it again. I thought this product might be the one to make the detangling process easier. Nope. It tears at my hair with its prickly little teeth. It doesn't matter how gentle I am or how little a section of hair I take or how much detangling spray I use. You can sort of hear the actual tearing sound of my hair. Yikes. I am ashamed I paid $17 for a comb/brush that can't even comb.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by chRowan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Tangle Teaser is an amazing detangling 'brush'. I don't know how it works, but it gets the tangles and knots out of my bird's-nest of a head of hair when wet. I found mine at Sally's Beauty Supply. They now have one with a handle which I am considering purchasing. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by TLHGM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I previously used to use Kent Boar bristle brushes, but they always made my hair frizzy..
Now i am a true tangle teezer convert! It really does what it says- brushing is like a breeze for my tangled ends i don't know how it works but it does!

For those who have "given up" on this product....don't!

Here's what i found out when using the brush:
1. Separate your hairs into smaller sections and then brush through them..
DO NOT EVER try running this through your whole head of hair, the bristles are shallow and won't be able to catch your hair

2.hold your hair in the middle to prevent excessive tugging on the roots, it tugs minimally anyway, but just to be on the safe side!

Hope it helps:)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by rustybag

I wish I read the reviews, especially the negative ones , before using this as long as I have. My hair is fine & thin, and after using this for a few months, I can really see how damaging it has been to my hair. It gets tangles out, but it does rip & tear, even when starting from the bottom and being careful. Now I have all of this damage to deal with. I'm going to try a silicone shampoo & rounded tip comb (this TT has fine, "sharp" bristles) to see if that helps grow my hair back. I would never let this thing anywhere near my hair again. I did not notice the damage at first, so I would advise proceeding with caution if deciding to try this, you might not notice damage until several months into it (which is what I have read other reviewers report as well).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by sarahlouise96

I have the orginal tangle teezer and it is the best hairbrush I've ever used, my sister's hairdresser used it on her super tangled hair and she told me it worked really well. It cost me a lot more than I'd wanted to spend but by the first use I realized why, it takes me literally seconds to get even the toughest tangles out. I use it in the shower after I swim (my hair gets messed up like a birds nest however i wear it when I swim) and it leaves it smooth really quickly. The only downside I can find is that when I do use it in the shower water can get in which leaks out in my bag, but this is a small price to pay

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by queenghetto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This may be the best product I have ever bought.
I have really unruly hair (especially when wet), it gets knotted very easily but I don't usually like brushing it because it makes my hair poofy, and combs just don't do the job. The tangle teezer, however, vanishes knots better than a brush and doesn't cause breakage and damaging when used on wet hair. It's also easier and quicker on thick hair than a comb. It doesn't make my hair as poofy as when I brush my hair when it's dry. The tangle teezer is very handy for brushing conditioner and hair masks through your hair too.
I bought this at Sally's Beauty Supply for $12.99, which is a little expensive but so worth it! The tangle teezer is life changing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This really does work for stubborn tangles and snarls. Passes through them so easily. My hair type is thick/wavy with dry ends and now that it's getting longer, I'm experiencing a lot of tangles from mid-shaft through the ends. Especially when I have 2nd-day hair. Anyway, the Tangle Teezer makes detangling that mess a breeze. What used to take several minutes of gentle coaxing with a comb now takes literally seconds. Three or four passes with this brush and my hair is completely tangle-free.
Great product, would buy it again.