October 21, 2014 | 1426 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by dkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got Socialite, Trendy, Elegant, Confiant, and Celebrity. All great shimmery colors, but my favority is Celebrity. I love this shade. Its my overall lid color most days. Its a beautiful warm golden color...kinda reminds me of Mac Blonde's Gold pigment. Definitely recommend using a primer like UDPP for staying power otherwise it quickly fades off the lid, but didn't end up all over my face. It is also shimmery (not glittery), so not recommended for those who prefer matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by EIizard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THEM! They are absolutely FABULOUS! The first time I used them was about a month ago and when I applied it to my eyes I actually squealed. I really wish I found out about these long ago! Now I can't imagine life without them. If for some reason I could never buy these again my heart would probably shatter into a million pieces, not kidding. The pigmentation is awesome, the texture is super smooth, the jar and packaging are extremely cute and sleek plus they're RECYCLABLE! The colours are deeeliciiious and you only need to apply a small amount so they should last a really long time in the jar, they also last on my eyelids all day with or without primer. Oh! And as if things couldn't possibly get any better than the results of this eyeshadow, they're only $3.00!! However, E.L.F has a different sale on their website pretty much every week. I bought my eyeshadows during a "50% OFF ALL MIERALS" sale and got mine for only $1.50 each!!! This is sincerely the best eyeshadow I've tried yet and will be buying this until E.L.F stops selling it or goes out of business :P

P.S I've heard alot of people complain about it being messy but if you know what you're at then you shouldn't have that problem :D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by lilbabyprinc3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros- Affordable, fine powders, good pigment, lasting (with primer), easily blendable, nice shimmer (might be a con if you prefer matte)

Cons- Can be a bit messy (wholes on sifter too big), some shimmers may get all over your face

For more detailed review/comments & swatches of 13 out of the 15 colors available, please visit my blog

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Luciel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have shades Elegant and Sweet and I love them. They last long and look great on my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Bowmore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got the mineral eyeshadow today (Elegant and Angelic) as part of a haul of elf products. I'd bought it based on the MUA reviews. I'd read that it was shimmery and when it arrived it is REALLY shimmery and while pretty, a bit too much for me. But I gave it a go, foiled, as a liner using Angelic and it looks absolutely fab, was easy to apply and brightens up my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by TinkleWinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have one of every color and think they are all great. They last as good as any eye shadow and are very nice. I only gave them four lippies because I think the BE shadows are a smidge better. For the price you can't beat it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Doveyes

LOVE THE PIGMENT.
colors last all day
great shimmer without being to glittery
great range of colors.
I use these everyday

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by crimrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like these shadows - they are very pigmented and they go on very silky and smooth. If worn over primer (I use the famous UDPP), they last a long time without fading or creasing. The creasing time without primer is probably the usual for any eyeshadow.

I own Elegant (very sheer light golden colour), Confident (dark rich brown), Wild (lighter than Confident, a more coffee-coloured brown), Glamourous (an earthy red with hints of both pink and brown), Sassy (a more orangey brown, with a hint of red), Mysterious (a light, subtle violet), Socialite (a sort of brownish silver), and Seductive (good old matte black).

The pigmentation in these is superior, my one complaint being that almost all of these shades are very shimmery. For me at my young age, this isn't a problem, but for an older woman it might be if they wanted something more subtle. Also, these shadows can be quite messy, so I wouldn't use them if I didn't have a bit of time to clean up. It is impossible to put on face makeup prior to these shadows, because of the mess they make, it will ruin your face.
The packaging is minimalist, which is fine by me, but the holes in the sifter jar are a bit too large, and this allows for a lot of the loose powder into the tray, which has a lot of potential for a spill, a huge mess, and a ton of wasted product. So be careful about that.
Overall, great shadows though, and I'm considering purchasing some of the new shades. Don't waste your money on expensive mineral shadows, these are such high quality for such a low price! One of e.l.f.'s star products for sure, as much of their mineral line seems to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own Elegant, Earthy, Sweet, Temptress, Wild, Caffeinated, Sassy, Confident, Glamorous, Natural, Golden, Royal, Angelic, Celebrity, and Trendy. All of the shadows, except for Temptress have shimmer. I use a light hand when I apply due to my age and the beginning of wrinkly eyelids. I like all of the shadows with the exception of Glamorous, Sweet and Temptress ~ these are too pink and or peach. Each of the three, looked like I applied blush to my eyelids.

Earthy, Caffeinated, Royal and Elegant are my favorite shadows. Earthy is number one in my collection ~ it's a beautiful medium (not olive) green, with the right amount of shimmer. Elegant is a lovely vanilla shadow that looks great as a highlighter. Caffeinated is a gorgeous dark bronze, with olive green and gold accents that looks very pretty with my skin tone. Royal is a beautiful purple that makes my brown eyes POP. I bought my shadows at a 70% off sale, so no disappointments with shadows that turned out to be less than stellar. I dumped out the three I didn't like, and used the containers for custom mixing.

Couple things to remember: don't remove the plastic, covering the holes in the container. Instead, poke a few small holes with a pin into the plastic covering. If you don't, you will have excess shadow in the containers, and it's quite messy when you try to open them.

Love e.l.f. mineral shadows because they are inexpensive (when you purchase with a 50% or 70% off coupon), and the size of the containers are a great value. I am waiting for a great sale before I buy the rest of the collection. I will purchase this product again...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by XAmandaXSotherland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love these shadows..
there shimmery without being *TOO shimmery.

my favorite are pretty much all the brown/gold shades and *Royal - the prettiest dark purple every.

(NOTE) - the only matte one that i know of is seductive, which is the black one.