E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Zinc Oxide, Boron Nitride, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 77492 77499), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007) Weight - 0.85 grams

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I have 3 of these, Angelic, Socialite and Seductive. Angelic and Socialite are both really pigmented, show up well even without a primer, etc. However, I find that Seductive doesn't show up at all unless you apply it wet and with primer, in which case it's the blackest black to ever black a black, otherwise it's very chalky and not pigmented. Also, Socialite, compared with my dark olive complexion, is not a good mix; it makes my eyes looks dirty, as most shades like that do. Wonderful colour on other people though. Angelic is wonderful in every way though. I'd definitely repurchase these.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

These are AMAZING! I bought every shade during the last 50 percent off sale ELF had.

They are so pigmented, long lasting, easy to blend...maybe a little shimmery for some but they can really be worked into pretty natural day look. I love the packaging, and the price is amazing...Some of the matte ones fall a little short but the shimmery ones are like a dream, these shadows have been my reach for them everyday staple since I got them in my mailbox!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got Socialite, Trendy, Elegant, Confiant, and Celebrity. All great shimmery colors, but my favority is Celebrity. I love this shade. Its my overall lid color most days. Its a beautiful warm golden color...kinda reminds me of Mac Blonde's Gold pigment. Definitely recommend using a primer like UDPP for staying power otherwise it quickly fades off the lid, but didn't end up all over my face. It is also shimmery (not glittery), so not recommended for those who prefer matte.

I LOVE THEM! They are absolutely FABULOUS! The first time I used them was about a month ago and when I applied it to my eyes I actually squealed. I really wish I found out about these long ago! Now I can't imagine life without them. If for some reason I could never buy these again my heart would probably shatter into a million pieces, not kidding. The pigmentation is awesome, the texture is super smooth, the jar and packaging are extremely cute and sleek plus they're RECYCLABLE! The colours are deeeliciiious and you only need to apply a small amount so they should last a really long time in the jar, they also last on my eyelids all day with or without primer. Oh! And as if things couldn't possibly get any better than the results of this eyeshadow, they're only $3.00!! However, E.L.F has a different sale on their website pretty much every week. I bought my eyeshadows during a "50% OFF ALL MIERALS" sale and got mine for only $1.50 each!!! This is sincerely the best eyeshadow I've tried yet and will be buying this until E.L.F stops selling it or goes out of business :P

P.S I've heard alot of people complain about it being messy but if you know what you're at then you shouldn't have that problem :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Pros- Affordable, fine powders, good pigment, lasting (with primer), easily blendable, nice shimmer (might be a con if you prefer matte)

Cons- Can be a bit messy (wholes on sifter too big), some shimmers may get all over your face

For more detailed review/comments & swatches of 13 out of the 15 colors available, please visit my blog

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have shades Elegant and Sweet and I love them. They last long and look great on my eyes.

Got the mineral eyeshadow today (Elegant and Angelic) as part of a haul of elf products. I'd bought it based on the MUA reviews. I'd read that it was shimmery and when it arrived it is REALLY shimmery and while pretty, a bit too much for me. But I gave it a go, foiled, as a liner using Angelic and it looks absolutely fab, was easy to apply and brightens up my face.

I have one of every color and think they are all great. They last as good as any eye shadow and are very nice. I only gave them four lippies because I think the BE shadows are a smidge better. For the price you can't beat it.

LOVE THE PIGMENT.
colors last all day
great shimmer without being to glittery
great range of colors.
I use these everyday

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like these shadows - they are very pigmented and they go on very silky and smooth. If worn over primer (I use the famous UDPP), they last a long time without fading or creasing. The creasing time without primer is probably the usual for any eyeshadow.

I own Elegant (very sheer light golden colour), Confident (dark rich brown), Wild (lighter than Confident, a more coffee-coloured brown), Glamourous (an earthy red with hints of both pink and brown), Sassy (a more orangey brown, with a hint of red), Mysterious (a light, subtle violet), Socialite (a sort of brownish silver), and Seductive (good old matte black).

The pigmentation in these is superior, my one complaint being that almost all of these shades are very shimmery. For me at my young age, this isn't a problem, but for an older woman it might be if they wanted something more subtle. Also, these shadows can be quite messy, so I wouldn't use them if I didn't have a bit of time to clean up. It is impossible to put on face makeup prior to these shadows, because of the mess they make, it will ruin your face.
The packaging is minimalist, which is fine by me, but the holes in the sifter jar are a bit too large, and this allows for a lot of the loose powder into the tray, which has a lot of potential for a spill, a huge mess, and a ton of wasted product. So be careful about that.
Overall, great shadows though, and I'm considering purchasing some of the new shades. Don't waste your money on expensive mineral shadows, these are such high quality for such a low price! One of e.l.f.'s star products for sure, as much of their mineral line seems to be.