BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

3.3

on 12/18/2011 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been searching for a natural-looking brow pencil for a long time, and I have finally found it. I use the "Light" shade, and I have light brown honey-colored hair.

This pencil is the exact same shade as my brows, which is why it works so well for me. I'd recommend swatching it in the store to see if you have a good match before buying since everyone's brows are different.

The texture is smooth and soft, so I don't feel like I'm drawing on my face with a hard pencil. In comparison to the Dior Blonde brow pencil, which seems to be a popular one, the Benefit pencil is softer, less red and more of an ashy blond color.

I love the little brow brush on the other end- it's exactly what I need to make my brows look less like a muppet. They don't call Benefit the brow experts for nothin'.

on 12/15/2011 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Absolute WORST brow pencil I have ever used, for the price I expected much better, doesn't even compare to the 6 dollar brow pencil I usually get. The color goes on terrible, it's either so light that you can't see it or way to dark and it becomes dull SO quickly I have to constantly sharpen it, and it doesn't sharpen well, you can't get it very pointy and therefore can't create very precise or straight lines whatsoever. Extremely disappointed.

on 12/13/2011 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This would be a better product if the tip of the pencil would not break so easily. It is very soft. The color and spoolie brush are both nice. It lasts well on the brows. But the tip has broken off twice. :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't mess with my brows. I let my girl wax and color them once every few months when I get highlights and lowlights and that is it. But my sister swears by this so I was like ok I'll try it. Well, now I use it every time I wear make up (once a week or so). I find it really easy to apply and blend and it matches my brow color perfectly and doesn't look fake. Not a fan of the price, but then again I will pay for quality products and considering how infrequently I need to buy make up anyway, this is a good deal for me.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

First brow pencil I've ever used more than once. I'm kind of a no makeup person but stumbled into a benefit brow bar for my first brow wax. I laughed when the SA wanted to use a brow pencil but was shocked at how much I like the results. My brows are thick on the inside and disappearing on the outside. This product worked great!

on 10/27/2011 1:56:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This was just ok. The nib was too soft for me to control how I wanted it, and in turn meant the product ran out so fast!!! I liked the little spooly thing on the end though. Wont repurchase, as I find the Rimmel kohl eyeliner in brown for 2.99 works a LOT better!!! x

on 9/21/2011 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have several brow pencils, the Anastasia Brow Wiz, the Origins Fill in the Blanks and some drugstore ones. I only bought this Benefit product yesterday in Light and already absolutely love it. It stays on the whole day, the color is great and very natural-looking and the waxy texture really keeps my unruly brows under control. The best thing about this pencil is that I now look like I have brows without any sparse areas. This product is definitely worth every penny! Nowe that I have found a pencil that really does everything I expected from it, I will keep buying it again and again.
After wearing this pencil for several months now, it's still my absolute favorite. The color is great, the wakiness keeps my brow hairs in place, it's simply the best!

on 9/16/2011 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the rare products that I will rave about on MUA, because it is THAT good. I think I have never used a better waxy brow pencil. As an freelance, I can tell you that I have tried them all. You name it, I've used it. I even bought obscure stuff when I traveled to Asia to try to find a good cross in-between brow product.
The BeneFit eyeZings, for example, are really good if you have the time to do your brows everyday. It requires you to use the powder, then the wax to fix your eyebrows. BUT, who has that kind of time, right? WELL, the instant brow pencil is just like the eyezings, ONLY the powder and the wax are already mixed together.
This particular pencil is a greatly formulated waxy pencil to use on sparse, wild and lightly colored brows. Those that complain about the pencil being too greasy should use a drier formula to fill in the patchy spaces in their brows, e.g.: Shu Uemura H9 brow pencils.
The wax in this is great for people with badly shaped brows, because you can actually use it to fix the hairs in place and groom them with the little brush.
Now, the people that are complaining about the "smudging" of this product: either they used it the wrong way, either they kept on touching their face. This IS a creamy product, which means that it WILL NOT SET. So you either have to set it with a setting powder, a brow powder or an eyeshadow. Also, you should not touch your face one your makeup is done, because it could be why your makeup becomes patchy at the end of the day. Personnally, I always do my own makeup by starting with a primer, UDPP, and end with a dusting of Cover FX setting Powder follwed by a spritz of Fix+. This will keep everything in place. You should also avoid touching your makeup and your face during the day.

on 8/3/2011 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in medium a few days ago and I can tell it is already HG for me! I got my brows done at BeneFit's brow bar and the SA recommended this for filling in my brows. I fell in love with how natural it looked, but still made my brows look great. The spoolie really helps during application and the consistency helps keep my brows in place because with my asian brows, the hair sticks out instead of laying flat. I definitely recommend this !

on 7/25/2011 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent brow pencil. I've used all types of brow makeup from powder to wax to mascara type wands and pencils. This is by far the easiest and fastest to apply and looks natural. The pencil has a slight creamy texture which makes it smooth to apply. The one con is it only comes in light, medium or deep. They used to make a medium-deep shade which was perfect for my lt-med Asian skin and dark brown hair. Oh well, the medium works too.

Popular Brows Products