September 22, 2014 | 1253 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

This was just ok. The nib was too soft for me to control how I wanted it, and in turn meant the product ran out so fast!!! I liked the little spooly thing on the end though. Wont repurchase, as I find the Rimmel kohl eyeliner in brown for 2.99 works a LOT better!!! x

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have several brow pencils, the Anastasia Brow Wiz, the Origins Fill in the Blanks and some drugstore ones. I only bought this Benefit product yesterday in Light and already absolutely love it. It stays on the whole day, the color is great and very natural-looking and the waxy texture really keeps my unruly brows under control. The best thing about this pencil is that I now look like I have brows without any sparse areas. This product is definitely worth every penny! Nowe that I have found a pencil that really does everything I expected from it, I will keep buying it again and again.
After wearing this pencil for several months now, it's still my absolute favorite. The color is great, the wakiness keeps my brow hairs in place, it's simply the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

This is one of the rare products that I will rave about on MUA, because it is THAT good. I think I have never used a better waxy brow pencil. As an freelance, I can tell you that I have tried them all. You name it, I've used it. I even bought obscure stuff when I traveled to Asia to try to find a good cross in-between brow product.
The BeneFit eyeZings, for example, are really good if you have the time to do your brows everyday. It requires you to use the powder, then the wax to fix your eyebrows. BUT, who has that kind of time, right? WELL, the instant brow pencil is just like the eyezings, ONLY the powder and the wax are already mixed together.
This particular pencil is a greatly formulated waxy pencil to use on sparse, wild and lightly colored brows. Those that complain about the pencil being too greasy should use a drier formula to fill in the patchy spaces in their brows, e.g.: Shu Uemura H9 brow pencils.
The wax in this is great for people with badly shaped brows, because you can actually use it to fix the hairs in place and groom them with the little brush.
Now, the people that are complaining about the "smudging" of this product: either they used it the wrong way, either they kept on touching their face. This IS a creamy product, which means that it WILL NOT SET. So you either have to set it with a setting powder, a brow powder or an eyeshadow. Also, you should not touch your face one your makeup is done, because it could be why your makeup becomes patchy at the end of the day. Personnally, I always do my own makeup by starting with a primer, UDPP, and end with a dusting of Cover FX setting Powder follwed by a spritz of Fix+. This will keep everything in place. You should also avoid touching your makeup and your face during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by fkknyummy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in medium a few days ago and I can tell it is already HG for me! I got my brows done at BeneFit's brow bar and the SA recommended this for filling in my brows. I fell in love with how natural it looked, but still made my brows look great. The spoolie really helps during application and the consistency helps keep my brows in place because with my asian brows, the hair sticks out instead of laying flat. I definitely recommend this !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by sugamonkey

Excellent brow pencil. I've used all types of brow makeup from powder to wax to mascara type wands and pencils. This is by far the easiest and fastest to apply and looks natural. The pencil has a slight creamy texture which makes it smooth to apply. The one con is it only comes in light, medium or deep. They used to make a medium-deep shade which was perfect for my lt-med Asian skin and dark brown hair. Oh well, the medium works too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by zoe129

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it works pretty well, but not fantastically. i still use it every day and it looks good and matches my color pretty well, but i have to sharpen it alllllllllllll the time. which upsets me because it makes me feel like i am wasting the product which is pretty expensive. maybe i am just pressing too hard or something. i would recommended this if you have sparse or thin eyebrows because it looks great and stays all day long:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Secretsusie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have already repurchased this product at the moment it's a must have.
I love the waxy composition it covers well and gives great definition, i love the little brush at the end to pull the product through.
Like others have said it is expensive but i still renewed, my biggest problem is i always seem to be sharpening "its like watching product disappear" i must be applying to heavily thanks for the tip from other posters.
Susie

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by NatBeans

I bought this first when the shade was medium-dark and loved it, it was a holy grail product for me and I used it everyday to define my brows. However, when I ran out and went back to purchase more they had updated the shades so I had to take the medium pencil, because medium-dark was no longer a shade. I found that the medium pencil was a little bit lighter than the medium-dark pencil (which was the exact color of my brows).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every once in awhile I go psycho on my brows and either pluck them into little lines, or just cut them off completely with a microtrimmer. I know it doesn't make any sense, but I guess that's how I deal with my frustrations in life. They mostly grow back in okay. :) So I cut off both my eyebrows and needed to draw them back on in a way that looks semi-realistic. I looked around in my small Sephora Inside J.C. Penney, found this and bought it in the Deep color, since brunette drawn-on brows look odd with my very dark brown hair. This is a soft almost gray black. The gray looks a little weird so I put on a dark brown neutral color (Revlon Brown Suede eyeshadow) over it and it looks a lot better. I pat a little powder on top to tone down the darkness a bit and that helps as well. So far I'm pretty happy with this, it seems like it isn't going to budge with an accidental smudge. I find it works a little better for me now that the sharp point is worn down, because the lines were a bit too sharp for the semi-natural drawn on eyebrow look I was going for.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Beachblonde2986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The ends of my eyebrows are naturally thin and sparse. I've always been filling them in since I can remember. It's been a challenge finding the right color to match my eyebrows. It seems most companies just have light medium or dark. Well I have blonde hair but my eyebrows are dark blonde to light brown. The light shades are too light and the medium shades are usually too dark. Finally I found a pencil that is practically perfect for me. I love how smoothly it goes on and how there is a brush on the other end for smoothing things out. There are several different shades to choose from so you are bound to find one that's right for you. The pencil also turns into a powder-like finish once combed out with the brush, which blends everything in. This is perfect for filling in those overplucked or sparse areas. Love this pencil!