April 18, 2014 | 1962 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Secretsusie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have already repurchased this product at the moment it's a must have.
I love the waxy composition it covers well and gives great definition, i love the little brush at the end to pull the product through.
Like others have said it is expensive but i still renewed, my biggest problem is i always seem to be sharpening "its like watching product disappear" i must be applying to heavily thanks for the tip from other posters.
Susie

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by NatBeans

I bought this first when the shade was medium-dark and loved it, it was a holy grail product for me and I used it everyday to define my brows. However, when I ran out and went back to purchase more they had updated the shades so I had to take the medium pencil, because medium-dark was no longer a shade. I found that the medium pencil was a little bit lighter than the medium-dark pencil (which was the exact color of my brows).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every once in awhile I go psycho on my brows and either pluck them into little lines, or just cut them off completely with a microtrimmer. I know it doesn't make any sense, but I guess that's how I deal with my frustrations in life. They mostly grow back in okay. :) So I cut off both my eyebrows and needed to draw them back on in a way that looks semi-realistic. I looked around in my small Sephora Inside J.C. Penney, found this and bought it in the Deep color, since brunette drawn-on brows look odd with my very dark brown hair. This is a soft almost gray black. The gray looks a little weird so I put on a dark brown neutral color (Revlon Brown Suede eyeshadow) over it and it looks a lot better. I pat a little powder on top to tone down the darkness a bit and that helps as well. So far I'm pretty happy with this, it seems like it isn't going to budge with an accidental smudge. I find it works a little better for me now that the sharp point is worn down, because the lines were a bit too sharp for the semi-natural drawn on eyebrow look I was going for.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Beachblonde2986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The ends of my eyebrows are naturally thin and sparse. I've always been filling them in since I can remember. It's been a challenge finding the right color to match my eyebrows. It seems most companies just have light medium or dark. Well I have blonde hair but my eyebrows are dark blonde to light brown. The light shades are too light and the medium shades are usually too dark. Finally I found a pencil that is practically perfect for me. I love how smoothly it goes on and how there is a brush on the other end for smoothing things out. There are several different shades to choose from so you are bound to find one that's right for you. The pencil also turns into a powder-like finish once combed out with the brush, which blends everything in. This is perfect for filling in those overplucked or sparse areas. Love this pencil!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by gretchena

At first i was put off from buying this product because of the price, but i brought it anyways because my eyebrows have a mind of their own and im always experimenting different ways to do my eyebrows. i brought the pencil in medium to dark and this is the best of the best pencil i have ever used for my eyebrows. and i have been filling/defining my eyebrows faithfully ever since i was 10 years old so i been through all the kits/pencils/ powders out there. and im very self conscious about my eyebrows. its very creamy, and even though the shade is slightly lighter than my natural eyebrows, it blends easily and doesnt look penciled in at all. they look soo real and natural i honesty didnt have to do much work to make sure they wernt too harsh. it works GREAT as a base and i would recommend this to anyone who fills their eyebrows. definitely a MUST have, i dont even care that it cost $20, ill continue to buy it, well worth the price!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by lalalo

This brow pencil works wonders if you want an ashy effect. I have sparse brows and many bald spots due to over-plucking, so regular (harder) brow pencils look very unnatural on me. I went to Sephora to look for a grayish brow powder and was so disappointed after the SA tried the Anastasia one on me. Then another SA came and recommended this to me and I love it! I had never expected that a creamy pencil could fix my brow issues!
Downside: it is quite expensive...but I find if you use a light hand and swipe it across your brows with the sides of the pencil instead of the point, it looks really good and lasts a long time. I've had this for nearly a month and still haven't sharpened it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by midge55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the new "Deep" shade after reading about it in InStyle magazine. I have black eyebrows, medium skin, and brown hair, and I could never find a pencil that was right for me - either was too black or it was black/brown. Benefit Dark eyebrow pencil is kind of a pewter color and blends perfectly into my brows for a very natural look. The ends of my brows are kind of sparse and this pencil does the trick.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by achou94

This is pretty expensive but I love this product! It looks natural on my eyebrows and the comb/brush on the other end really helps. It is my first eyebrow pencil and I don't think I'll be looking for another brand any time soon. The only negative thing I have to say is that after a few uses it's completely dull and it seems like I'm always sharpening it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by annapcs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this product at Ulta while I was actually looking for mascara. I wasn't even planning on spending 20 dollars on something I initially didn't need, but the moment I applied this I knew I HAD to have it. It does fill the gaps in my eyebrows, the texture is great to work with, the waxy consistency keeps the eyebrow hairs in place all day, the brush thingy on the other end helps a LOT and it makes my eyebrows look wonderful. I know the price is high for what it is, but I do not regret it and will definitely buy again.
p.s: Some people said that each time they use it they have to sharpen it. I don't know how hard they press the pencil or why that happens, but I'm on my 10th application and it's still far from having to be sharpened.
Great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by chiriyuku

This is my first eyebrow pencil and i think it's really good, not great.. but really good.

- Good colour but is a tiny bit too orange brown for me (I have the medium to dark version). Best applied with a light hand to build up the colour.
- Glides on a bit unevenly but that can easily be fixed with the spoolie on the end.
- Very soft.. in fact, TOO soft. Every time I use it, I have to sharpen it.

I think it was a good first eyebrow pencil purchase to play around with to get used to eyebrow pencils but have found the perfect eyebrow pencil - the shu eumera hard 9 in seal brown!