April 18, 2014 | 1594 users online

Tools - Urban Decay - Grind House (sharpener)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I use this for all my eyeliner pencils, UD or not. It has not broken the tips off and can sharpen the creamiest pencils without prior chilling. I love that I don't have to sharpen my pencils over a trash can since it has a compartment to house the shavings. It's also pretty sturdy; I've dropped it numerous times on the bathroom floor and it hasn't broken yet. Would repurchase if necessary.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Pricey but worth every penny. Sharpens any makeup pencil to a point efficiently and effectively.

ETA: Essence has this same sharpener for $1.99 at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by mayrarara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one amazing sharpener! It sharpens even my creamy pencils very well and does not break them at all. I've had my sharpener for over a year now and it's still as sharp as the first day I used it. It also looks adorable

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by elyse34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best sharpener I've ever owned. It sharpens without breaking off the tip of my eyeliners--it is sharp. I tried to sharpen the urban decay 24/7 eyelines with a MAC sharpener and it really didn't work but the Grind House did a great job.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by emel284

So I love this sharpener. i have had it for a few years now and I really love it. But that is not why I am writing this review. Like I said, I have had this sharpener for a few years now and just today I realized that under the lid is a little plastic tool that can be removed to pick out any product that has stuck to the blades! Very cool! So if you have this sharpener or you are going to buy it, I am just letting you know of this function so you arent surprised after owning it for 5 years like I was.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by aegriedl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this sharpener, it is definitely a must have! I have never used an eyeliner sharpener that sharpens so smoothly without breaking or wasting product. Every time I sharpen my eyeliner, they end up finely pointed like they were brand-new. For only $10, everyone should purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by novastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is really nice! I've owned it for years and it's still as sharp as when I purchased it. It sharpens my very creamy pencils easily and doesn't seem to waste too much product during sharpening either. This is worth spending the extra money on because it performs so well for so long! The lid comes off somewhat easily but that doesn't bother me much. I definitely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just picked mine up recently. Let me tell you, this is a very quality product (so far). I paid $10 for it at Ulta. It is very expensive, but trust me, it's worth it since is sharpens pencils so smooooooooth.

Hopefully, the sharpener will hold up over time. Great little investment seeing how little waste from your pencils it produces ... everything to a nice point!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I've been using the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners for a while now, & I've been sharpening them with my usual sharpener. I noticed I was wasting a lot of the eyeliner because of the sharpener I was using. Although my sharpener was good, it wasn't good for Urban Decay's pencils. I finally bought the Urban Decay Grindhouse sharpener, for $10...which is kind of ridiculous. I actually ended up getting 2 extra ones for free, so now I have 3. This sharpener works well with the Urban Decay eyeliners. I don't waste as much eyeliner as before. & as most people know, UD's eyeliners are expensive...$18 each. So you really want to make sure you don't waste that. Overall, I would reccommend this sharpener for UD eyeliners. I really haven't tried sharpening any other pencils with this sharpener, but I'm sure it still works well for other pencils.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

This is the best sharpener I've come across - as it is both functional and beautiful! A really good investment as so much product tends to get wasted with other sharpeners I've tried - even ones from high end brands. Grindhouse makes light work both of ultra creamy pencils like the UD 24/7 liners, and of powdery pencils like Lancome's crayon poudre for brows. It sharpens pencils to a softly rounded point with minimal waste.
I've bought three: one for my eye liner, one for lip pencil, one for eyebrow pencil. But they sharpen so cleanly, I'm probably being overly fussy about using separate ones. (In fact, I've been using my sharpeners for a few months, and still the mechanisms aren't clogged enough to warrant the use of the little pick/pin device that's secured within the cap.)