November 22, 2014 | 1997 users online

Tools - Urban Decay - Grind House (sharpener)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I had gotten to the point where I had stopped buying pencils that required sharpening because I had ruined so many. However, I still had pencils that were plastic, like the milani liquifye that I couldn't use anymore because they wouldn't sharpen. I bit the bullet and got this one because of the great reviews. I am happy to say that I was able to resume using my plastic after using this sharpener. Most of the time, those dollar sharpeners give you what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by yfiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm happy that bought this SHARPENER! it sharpens my makeup pencils like a dream without wasting any product. i have destroyed so many pencils ,even store them in the refrigerator before sharpening.

its a bit pricey but i won't have to waste any more money on buying another sharpener or product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Madeleinejane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this when I bought my first Urban Decay Pencil eyeliner, and I love how it fits some of my bigger eye pencils as well as my little ones. It doesn't snag or waste any makeup like my old sharpener did, and it's really cute - I love the color purple! I've dropped it a couple of times and it hasn't broken yet, but if it ever did I think that I would repurchase it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this with the 24/7 concealer. It was the ctest thing ever, but unfortunately I had to return it because the concealer sucked really bad and I have no use for this. But if I do hav a over sized eye liner or concealer I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I use this for all my eyeliner pencils, UD or not. It has not broken the tips off and can sharpen the creamiest pencils without prior chilling. I love that I don't have to sharpen my pencils over a trash can since it has a compartment to house the shavings. It's also pretty sturdy; I've dropped it numerous times on the bathroom floor and it hasn't broken yet. Would repurchase if necessary.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Pricey but worth every penny. Sharpens any makeup pencil to a point efficiently and effectively.

ETA: Essence has this same sharpener for $1.99 at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by mayrarara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one amazing sharpener! It sharpens even my creamy pencils very well and does not break them at all. I've had my sharpener for over a year now and it's still as sharp as the first day I used it. It also looks adorable

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by elyse34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best sharpener I've ever owned. It sharpens without breaking off the tip of my eyeliners--it is sharp. I tried to sharpen the urban decay 24/7 eyelines with a MAC sharpener and it really didn't work but the Grind House did a great job.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by emel284

So I love this sharpener. i have had it for a few years now and I really love it. But that is not why I am writing this review. Like I said, I have had this sharpener for a few years now and just today I realized that under the lid is a little plastic tool that can be removed to pick out any product that has stuck to the blades! Very cool! So if you have this sharpener or you are going to buy it, I am just letting you know of this function so you arent surprised after owning it for 5 years like I was.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by aegriedl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this sharpener, it is definitely a must have! I have never used an eyeliner sharpener that sharpens so smoothly without breaking or wasting product. Every time I sharpen my eyeliner, they end up finely pointed like they were brand-new. For only $10, everyone should purchase this.