October 26, 2014 | 1186 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Most of the shadows/blushes, in any of type of these named/numbered finished palettes, are nicely pigmented.
Though, I find that if you don't flick off your brush and use a base, you will get more than average fallout.
So I recommend that you do your foundation last..... with any of these various named/numbered palettes.
Each one are great and have a variety of colors you can play with.

@Everyone: Please save your hard earned $ and just buy all the Coastal Scents, Bh Cosmetics, etc...etc...Palettes off of EBAY!!

They really ARE the SAME thing/colors!

Its just that they switch up the pans in different places sometimes!

I know some say that some are pigmented than other brands. But no they are not really!
Its just that some palettes are FRESHER therefore they will give you BETTER PAYOFF.

You can buy any variety for around $10.00 each on EBAY!
I actually bought the 10 Blush, Neutral, Concealer, Camouflage Palettes for under $8.00 each.... on EBAY!! Really!
Now I am a big believer for supporting American businesses. But we all now know where they get their stuff from....so I feel perfectly fine buying from overseas. ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by meowrena

Although I think this is a decent product, I don't think I'd buy this again because I don't find myself using it as much as I thought I would.

I absolutely love the colour selection, as most people do, but it can seem a bit overwhelming. This is because there are a lot of colours that I wouldn't use very often (yellow, orange, green, etc) that I tend to forget about this palette. Another reason is because sometimes the little eyeshadow pans become unglued and can shatter all over the other colours.

Overall, I think the shadows are great, but if you are someone that likes to use the same colours all the time, I think you'd be better off buying the palette that suits you best (88 warm, 88 shimmer, etc).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by PinkCouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked it, but not enough to repurchase it. Let me start out by saying that the eyeshadows DO fall out consistently, and I'd be a mess without my clear nailpolish to repair. But some of the eyeshadows (mainly the neutral ones) are very good quality and can be used on a regular basis. I personally think this is a great palette for the makeup newbie who is looking for a great way to expand their collection within a good price range. On the other hand, if you have a bigger collection (without a need for travel shadows) I would stick to the higher end products. But at the same time, I don't want to be so harsh, considering you are paying a few cents per eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Andreaedge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this pallet, but letís be honest for about 20.00 for 88 eye shadows they are not all going to be winners. Although I do feel that most of the shadows are pigmented, with little to no fall out, some are crap. But I also feel that way about a lot of pallets even the high end ones.

The only real downside is you must use a primer with this pallet but I feel like that is a give with any eye shadow high end or drug store. And the packaging is meh, not the worst but defiantly not anything great.

This is great pallet for anyone who needs/wants a lot of colors but doesnít want spend a lot.
Edit. The more and more I wear this pallet the more shades I find are either not milled to my liking or fade badly. I am removing another lippie for this reason.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Naturalbelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand how this product recieves so many great reviews. For me the product was hardly visible on my lids. I tried using a variety of primers from UD, Too Faced, and MAC; however, that didn't help to intensive the colors. Yes, the colors are beautiful in the palette, but once it's applied to the lids its very subtle.

Also, it is chalky. If you read the ingredients of this product, research where it is made (China), and do a little research about the company, you should have a great idea why you should stay away from it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by kdenae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This palette is awesome!! It's so cheap for all the colors you get but the quality is great!! All the colors are so pigmented and easy to work with. I am not a professional, but I am known by my family, friends, and community for the makeup I do. I'm always being called upon to do girls make up for pictures, dances, proms, weddings, etc. So I am in a way a make up artist and I have a lot of make up but I am no where near where I'd like to be. Make up is expensive and I don't have the funds to buy all the stuff and all the colors I want! So this palette is awesome!! It has all the colors I need and more for any type of look I want to do! I love it! Surprsingly, for how small the differnet shadows are they take a while to use up, because they are so pigmented and you don't need a ton to get the desired effect. Some colrs in the shimmer palette are more matte, but its not bad at all! I love these palettes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupmouse123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This Palette is Great! For a few years now I've been eyeing this, but I never got the chance to sit down in front of the computer to buy it hhaha. When I finally got it, I was surprised to see the palette wasn't too big. It was smaller than the size of a magazine. This is great for traveling since it's flat, lightweight, and has almost all the colors you would need for any occasion! This is a must have! It's pigments are great, and there are so many colors! I find myself not buying anymore eye shadows because all I need is in my cs palette. I highly recommend anyone getting this, and even if you don't find it as useful, 20 bucks isn't so bad. And as for amount of eyeshadow contained in this palette...there are so many colors to use I hardly find myself using just one, so I think it would be hard to run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Hawaiianxangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette in the set that has all 4 palettes together and all I have to say is this product is absolutely worth every cent. Quality is great. PIgmentation is excellent. Not a lot of fall out and best of all, there is so much colors to choose from. there are infinite possiblities to all the looks you can create with palette. I definitely recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

(This is for the 88 Shimmer Palette). This palette is nice for the # of colors you get for the price. Some of the colors are very pigmented and smooth, and others are just a nasty, chunky glittery mess. The downside is that the pans are so tiny. If there is one color you really like and use often, it probably won't last very long because the pans are so darn small. Another problem I have is that the pans are so close together, and sometimes the eyeshadows crumble a bit when using them..then the colors all get into the other colors, and you end up with powder everywhere.
When I recieved mine in the mail from coastal scents, one of the eyeshadow pans had popped out of its place but didn't break. I figured, no big deal, I'll just glue it back. I've had it for maybe 6 months, I don't bang the palette around a lot or anything, but many of the pans have popped out of place.
Overall, its good especially if you are just starting to get into makeup, or if you want a lot of colors to experiment with but don't want to spend a ton. (If you are hesitant about buying it, there are a lot of big palettes like this on eBay for cheaper).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by dyzio11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this a few months ago, and I love it!
Some people may think it's really pricey, but honestly, you're getting 88 really amazing eyeshadows, and what'd you expect? For it to be $8? I think this is around $18, but I got it for $14 since they were having a sale.
The whole overall palette is actually smaller than I thought it'd be; the eyeshadows are about dime size, but it's still going to take you a while to go through them. Some of them are a lot more pigmented than others, but that's ok, you can just layer them wet.
What I don't like though, is the packaging. It's very flimsy and when the palette first arrived, there was a broken eyeshadow pan and it got everywhere, so just be really careful with this.
But overall, this was a very "worth-it" type of buy, and I especially recommend this to beginners. (: