April 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Naturalbelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand how this product recieves so many great reviews. For me the product was hardly visible on my lids. I tried using a variety of primers from UD, Too Faced, and MAC; however, that didn't help to intensive the colors. Yes, the colors are beautiful in the palette, but once it's applied to the lids its very subtle.

Also, it is chalky. If you read the ingredients of this product, research where it is made (China), and do a little research about the company, you should have a great idea why you should stay away from it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by kdenae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This palette is awesome!! It's so cheap for all the colors you get but the quality is great!! All the colors are so pigmented and easy to work with. I am not a professional, but I am known by my family, friends, and community for the makeup I do. I'm always being called upon to do girls make up for pictures, dances, proms, weddings, etc. So I am in a way a make up artist and I have a lot of make up but I am no where near where I'd like to be. Make up is expensive and I don't have the funds to buy all the stuff and all the colors I want! So this palette is awesome!! It has all the colors I need and more for any type of look I want to do! I love it! Surprsingly, for how small the differnet shadows are they take a while to use up, because they are so pigmented and you don't need a ton to get the desired effect. Some colrs in the shimmer palette are more matte, but its not bad at all! I love these palettes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupmouse123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This Palette is Great! For a few years now I've been eyeing this, but I never got the chance to sit down in front of the computer to buy it hhaha. When I finally got it, I was surprised to see the palette wasn't too big. It was smaller than the size of a magazine. This is great for traveling since it's flat, lightweight, and has almost all the colors you would need for any occasion! This is a must have! It's pigments are great, and there are so many colors! I find myself not buying anymore eye shadows because all I need is in my cs palette. I highly recommend anyone getting this, and even if you don't find it as useful, 20 bucks isn't so bad. And as for amount of eyeshadow contained in this palette...there are so many colors to use I hardly find myself using just one, so I think it would be hard to run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Hawaiianxangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette in the set that has all 4 palettes together and all I have to say is this product is absolutely worth every cent. Quality is great. PIgmentation is excellent. Not a lot of fall out and best of all, there is so much colors to choose from. there are infinite possiblities to all the looks you can create with palette. I definitely recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

(This is for the 88 Shimmer Palette). This palette is nice for the # of colors you get for the price. Some of the colors are very pigmented and smooth, and others are just a nasty, chunky glittery mess. The downside is that the pans are so tiny. If there is one color you really like and use often, it probably won't last very long because the pans are so darn small. Another problem I have is that the pans are so close together, and sometimes the eyeshadows crumble a bit when using them..then the colors all get into the other colors, and you end up with powder everywhere.
When I recieved mine in the mail from coastal scents, one of the eyeshadow pans had popped out of its place but didn't break. I figured, no big deal, I'll just glue it back. I've had it for maybe 6 months, I don't bang the palette around a lot or anything, but many of the pans have popped out of place.
Overall, its good especially if you are just starting to get into makeup, or if you want a lot of colors to experiment with but don't want to spend a ton. (If you are hesitant about buying it, there are a lot of big palettes like this on eBay for cheaper).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by dyzio11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this a few months ago, and I love it!
Some people may think it's really pricey, but honestly, you're getting 88 really amazing eyeshadows, and what'd you expect? For it to be $8? I think this is around $18, but I got it for $14 since they were having a sale.
The whole overall palette is actually smaller than I thought it'd be; the eyeshadows are about dime size, but it's still going to take you a while to go through them. Some of them are a lot more pigmented than others, but that's ok, you can just layer them wet.
What I don't like though, is the packaging. It's very flimsy and when the palette first arrived, there was a broken eyeshadow pan and it got everywhere, so just be really careful with this.
But overall, this was a very "worth-it" type of buy, and I especially recommend this to beginners. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by chickatheist

love this product! if you use it with a primer it lasts all day! theres tons of colors and the price is great! cant beat it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

I ordered this palette 1 year ago. I absolutely love it! They're really pigmented and this palette comes with 88 dime sized eyeshadows that are domed. The eyeshadows are satin finished matte finished and shimmery. They have a whole range of colors!! There are a lot of pigments in each pan! One pan will last you forever. For the price of 88 pigmented and high quality eyeshadows it is affordable and reasonable. The pricey part is the shipping. I got my package in about 2 weeks when I used the cheapest mailing option. The packaging is good. But the top part separated from the bottom part of my palette. But they don't fall apart. They still fit perfectly when I close the palette. When I run out or when my eyeshadows expire i will definitely repurchase this!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by lemonckae123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

coastal scents 88 is an eyeshadow palette that has a 88 colors, enough to use. the whole palette is smaller than A4 paper. each eyeshadow is the size a a dime.
i like to experience with bold colors so i decided to buy this product. this was back when i just started makeup(without buying to many single shadows). i when i got it, i loved it because of it wide color range. but i do find that the colors are not too pigmented, just a 8/10. though some on them are very un-pigmented, like white and black. the texture of each eyeshadow is hard and clumpy, but i don't mind that. it also doesn't last long. just by looking at it, u might think it has almost every single shade out there but NO. it lacks selections of orange and blue.i also noticed most of the eyeshadow has a satin finish. i think it will be pretty hard to carry if you need any touch up.
overall, i would recommend this to beginners or someone who wants something to expand their collections.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by gingersparkles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this palette.

I hadnít changed my makeup in years. I had two very bad reactions to eye shadows in the past. The company told me they had no way of knowing if I was allergic to something in the eye shadow. When I asked if they had changed anything, they said, they change the formulas so often there would be no way of narrowing it down. Nice.. Hence my eye shadow rut for so long.

I decided it was time for a change. I looked at every eye shadow color, palette, formula you could imagine. Then I found this. I mean, for the price, I think it rocks. Most of the colors are nice, pigmented, not a lot of fallout. The lighter colors could use some help but I donít wear pastel colors that much anyway.

And BEST of all, I did not have an allergic reaction to the shadows If you just need to something to do some experimenting with this is a great palette.