August 22, 2014 | 1114 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this with a purchase special and really didn't think anything of it. It also came with a mascara. Normally I wear Dior Mascara or Lancome waterproof because My eyes tear up a lot (Contacts too). So I tend to stay away from non-waterproof mascaras. the only bad thing about that is that waterproof mascaras tend to clump more than regular ones. They also dry out faster. So I tried this with the Clarins mascara and was pleasantly surprised. My lashes looked great and no smudging, no flaking, no rubbing off! It's good stuff for those of us who end up with raccoon eyes at the end of the day or have oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Shimmer123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin. I've tried all the mascara out there, including "Kiss Me". But all of them slicked off. Clarin's Double Fix Mascara does the trick. You can use inexpensive mascara and just coat it with the Double Fix as a balance.

Simply put, without Double Fix, I wouldn't be able to wear ANY mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Kimness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product and I didn't even know it existed until I was browsing through product reviews trying to find a smudge free mascara. I have tried so many mascaras and they all give me black lines at the top of my eyes after half an hour. So I was constantly wiping my eyes and removing my eyeshadow in the process.

I use two coats of Dior Iconic Mascara, wait until it dries, then a coat of double fix. My mascara does not budge.

It is not the best for brows. It is a bit too thick and leaves my brows feeling wiry and sticky.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by eedydeedy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really wanted to like this product, but unfortunately it was not to be. I had a very bad allergic reaction to it, and had to return it. Luckily, I got a full refund. thanks clarins. customer service was very good. I have never had a reaction with a clarins product before. Because they were so nice about my complaint, I would have no qualms about purchasing clarins products again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by loveirene19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product can preserve me from dirty melting black eyes. thanks so much to clarins double fix mascara. simply wearing it after normal mascara and it can help your normal mascara stay all day on your lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Laurac7

I don't love this for fixing mascara. I do love it to refresh mascara, say for an evening out..to add a bit of gloss and it lifts the lashes higher and sets them into place there.
I find it too thick, gluey and gloopy..wish it was thinner as i find it hard to coat all the lashes..meaning have to push it hard onto them to cover them which can cause clumping and buildup. I never manage to fully cover them as i find even a new tube too thick.
I have never found it totally waterproofed any mascara (not even so called waterproof ones) but this is perhaps i find it hard to fully coat all my lashes. I still end up with smudges at end of day.
Also it melts mascara onto its brush...so you have to clean the brush each time or next time instead of applying clear Fix you will apply a watered black fix which of course will defeat the object by giving you panda smudges!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by jusangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Double Fix makes it possible for me to wear mascara. Period.

Without it, mascaras would smudge on my oily, hooded lids in minutes. (The only mascara that doesn't smudge on me is Blinc's Kiss Me mascara, but I don't like it because it sucks out all life/curl from my lashes.)

I apply my mascara like normal. After the mascara's dry, I *lightly* run Double Fix over it; sometimes I comb it through my lashes, and other times I gently roll the brush upward up the length of my lashes. I can see a clear, somewhat glossy layer right after, but it usually dries to an invisible finish.

Sometimes after I apply Double Fix, my lashes will clump together, so I have to run a metal lash comb through them. Sometimes, I think Double Fix de-curls my lashes, which is harder to fix because using a lash curler on top of layers of mascara and Double Fix results in more gunk and clumping.

After a really long day, like maybe 10-15 hours, I will get some mascara smudging or flaking.

I wish the applicator were better, and I also wish the performance (in terms of how long it works and whether it will de-curl my lashes) were more consistent.

I've tried this once on my brows and it worked OK; nothing spectacular, but it worked.

For reference, I have short, straight lashes, hooded Asian eyes, and use UDPP before any eye makeup (which slows down how fast mascara will smudge on me, but doesn't actually stop it like Double Fix does.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by iceeblaze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can't live without this. Mascaras smudges on me like crazy, all of them! The waterproof mascaras don't make a difference, possibly even smudges more. So this is definitely HG!!

Pros:
- waterproof (good through rain as long as it's not pouring buckets)
- does not interfere with the mascara underneath
- helps loads with raccoon eyes
- can be removed with eye makeup remover

Cons:
- does not last that long for its price (maybe cuz I use a lot :p)
- I still get a bit of dark smudges by the end of the day, but nothing compared to without using this

I'd for sure buy this again :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product three times, and I won't repeat the raves from the reviewers before me. I am NEVER without this product!

Suffice to say the best way to get the absolute best out of this product for the longest time possible is to:
(1) wipe ALL excess product from the wand back into the tube.
(2) apply no more than two coats
(3) wipe ALL residue before putting the wand back into the tube, as any contamination will diminish its water shielding properties.

If you watch out sometimes this goes on sale on strawberrynet. I was so desperate that I actually purchased this full price (at a very painful $42AUD). But it was absolutely worth it. Next time I will buy 2 at a time from strawberrynet. Or even 3. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know, this to me, is obsession. Yes it is very very expensive for 7ml of product ($23.00CAD), but it is an obsession that is worth every penny (not really, but since this is the only mascara seal in the makeup market..I'll say it is worth it). I wanted this for a long long time before I bought it, probably over 2 years, because even though I really wanted it, I always thought that it is not worth it. I can always use an umbrella..which is free. But when stormy days come and umbrellas become annoying decorations instead of well..umbrellas, my mascara would smudge, waterproof ones would flake. Not pretty! So I finally forked over the money for this little tube of clear gel, and it has become HG in my makeup bag since then. I will buy this again and again. It stands firm in pouring rain, or pouring tears, makes mascara glossier, and it holds my mascara there like nobody's business. I can now run in rain with no fear, cry with no fear of black creepy tears rolling down cheeks creeping everyone out. It makes EVERY mascara you have BETTER, and you don't have to buy DiorShow waterproof(the only one that doesn't flake and is actually waterproof in rain) all the time now, you can use your favourite drugstore mascara! And it will be awesome on rainy or hot days too! This changed my makeup life, seriously. A little hard to remove, but totally worth the time.