December 19, 2014 | 837 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by pgloe16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use over your favorite mascara to prevent transfer of makeup to the bottom of your eyes. I have oily Asian double-eye lids and this product really keeps me from looking like a raccoon. Expensive Japanese mascaras are also pretty smudge-proof, but a coat of Clarins Double Fix over any mascara will provide even better protection from mascara transfer. I've gone swimming with no running or smearing and now I can just use a drugstore mascara. It doesn't undo the curl too much. Removal is easy with eye makeup remover.

I also use it as a brow fix and it provides a little grip to my eyebrow hairs that my eyebrow pencil takes to well and the color lasts longer than if I don't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by hcle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DAYEM this is expensive! $23AU on ebay/strawberry net. heck knows how much in stores. however it works wonderfully (unfortunately, means i have to repurchase). it is basically a tube of wax for lashes. it does stop those nifty panda eyes (some days i had to wipe of my eyes x 5 times = the end of mascara for me) and this DOES NOT FAIL. i repeat it DOES NOT FAIL to prevent panda eyes.

Get this is you are tired of looking like a dirty mongrel when you put on mascara/tried waterproofs and they are 'meh'.
Maybelline waterproofs (magnum/fulln soft/collosals) seem to be good too, i use it with my colossal and so far so good! w/o the double fix they seem to be quite waterproof as well so yep.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Baixinha

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product, any mascara stays put.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

As someone who is on a lifelong quest to defeat panda eyes, I really like this product. I wait until my mascara has set and dried, then put this on - it keeps the brush cleaner. It keeps my mascara looking good hours longer than it normally would, and spares me the dark smudges I normally get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

IT WORKS! It doesn't smell or irritate my eyes, and is easy to apply. I can use ANY mascara I want along with this one! No smudge/flake for 16 hours, even when I cry or rub my eyes. My only complaint would be: there is very little product in the tube, even at the first use, I had to wiggle the wand in and out a few times before getting the product on the wand!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this with a purchase special and really didn't think anything of it. It also came with a mascara. Normally I wear Dior Mascara or Lancome waterproof because My eyes tear up a lot (Contacts too). So I tend to stay away from non-waterproof mascaras. the only bad thing about that is that waterproof mascaras tend to clump more than regular ones. They also dry out faster. So I tried this with the Clarins mascara and was pleasantly surprised. My lashes looked great and no smudging, no flaking, no rubbing off! It's good stuff for those of us who end up with raccoon eyes at the end of the day or have oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Shimmer123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin. I've tried all the mascara out there, including "Kiss Me". But all of them slicked off. Clarin's Double Fix Mascara does the trick. You can use inexpensive mascara and just coat it with the Double Fix as a balance.

Simply put, without Double Fix, I wouldn't be able to wear ANY mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Kimness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product and I didn't even know it existed until I was browsing through product reviews trying to find a smudge free mascara. I have tried so many mascaras and they all give me black lines at the top of my eyes after half an hour. So I was constantly wiping my eyes and removing my eyeshadow in the process.

I use two coats of Dior Iconic Mascara, wait until it dries, then a coat of double fix. My mascara does not budge.

It is not the best for brows. It is a bit too thick and leaves my brows feeling wiry and sticky.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by eedydeedy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really wanted to like this product, but unfortunately it was not to be. I had a very bad allergic reaction to it, and had to return it. Luckily, I got a full refund. thanks clarins. customer service was very good. I have never had a reaction with a clarins product before. Because they were so nice about my complaint, I would have no qualms about purchasing clarins products again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by loveirene19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product can preserve me from dirty melting black eyes. thanks so much to clarins double fix mascara. simply wearing it after normal mascara and it can help your normal mascara stay all day on your lashes.