October 24, 2014 | 1144 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Majuschka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product because it gives that cake effect, it is too noticeable on face, goes oily very fast and the price is too high for its real quality. Also I suspect that it make me break out.
Be careful with the amount that you put on your face. Try to put less - the effect is much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow!!! This is what I want a foundation to do, whether it's powder or liquid. This gives my skin a beautiful finish and excellent coverage without looking cakey. It seems to last pretty well, too. I 00 is a great match for my pale, yellow complexion. It may actually even be a little light in the summer. I adore the ease of application. I do find that if I use the provided sponge, it can apply to heavy and then it will appear a bit cakey. However, when applied with my Sonia Kashuk powder brush, it provides gorgeous my skin but better coverage for my acne-prone, combination skin. It really just looks makes it look like I have beautiful skin, not great makeup.

It glows after it "sets," which I truly didn't expect from a powder foundation. However, it doesn't look oily, but just gives a nice glow. It doesn't seem to break me out, although I will say that I don't wear it too often and reserve it for more special occasions because of the price.

Ah, the price. That for me is the one downfall of this product. I find it quite expensive for a powder, but since it's Shiseido, I'm not surprised. It is worth it. I can't say how long the compact lasts, because, as mentioned, I don't wear it as often as I would probably like. The other thing I like is that one can buy refills instead of an entire compact. This is an added bonus for an environmentally conscious consumer such as myself.

I'm also afraid to say it for fear of jinxing something, but this is very close to if not already HG status. Despite the price, I will repurchase and will be beside myself if it's ever discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by sissu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So this is the first time I write a review here. I first bought Shiseido PSCF just before last christmas and used it continously until summer came, so for approx. 6 months. At that point I stopped using it mostly because I felt that I needed a darker color cause I had gotten some tan and I had my La Praire powder in the perfect summer shade. When I first started using Shiseido PSCF I didnīt really think anything of it. I mean I didnīt think it was anything spectacular, but it wasnīt bad either. I remember feeling a bit shinier that usual with this foundation which I didnīt love, but I also remember starting to notice how good my skin was looking after I removing my make-up. I have very difficult skin. It is oily and acne-prone and very ficle. One day it can look great and then suddenly it can turn into a disaster often seemingly without any apparent reason. So when I started noticing positive changes in my skin I wasnīt sure what exactly might be the reason for it. Then about two weeks ago (while using la praire) I felt that my skin was getting unusually oily (even for this time of year), so I decided to give my MAC oil control moisturiser a go. BIG mistake! It broke me out big time! So for two weeks now Iīve been trying to calm my skin with salt water masks, aspirin masks, just name it! And it helped a little. But then I remembered my shiseido foundation and how good my skin had looked those months that i was using it. So I decided to give it another go. And I swear you guys, my skin instantly got better!! The pimples started shrinking and everything just started to even out and heal. I am definitely going back to this foundation asap! It works wonders for my skin! I donīt know what it is, there has to be some miracle ingredient in there, cause on my skin this is more than foundation; this is treatment. I still need to blot a lot during the day, but I honestly donīt care, because this is actually making the skin underneath the foundation look more beautiful, which means less to cover up! Perfect! I know different things work for different people (Like all MAC skin products seem to break me out) but for some reason this works wonders for me. If you have problem skin like I do, I reccomend you try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by WannaBmysurfer

I work for shiseido. This powder is one of the best and easiest face make up out there. It covers so nicely. You find yourself not ever needing liquid foundation or concealer at all. I like to use this on top of my shiseido sunblock as a make up base and sunprotection works great, with Elizabeth Arden's loose powder on top to give it a super flawless finish. However, for touch ups I do not like to use this. I keep the powdery foundation for that with the small brush in the compact. To prevent a cakey look. Overall, this powder is ideal, works with any skin type and gives that beautiful flawless coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 4:29:00 AM More reviews by muhleesah

I love it - I'm on my fourth one. One refill lasts me a long time...i can't remember the last time I switched but it's probably 2 times a year that i need refilling. Don't need to apply a lot (just once or twice lightly) and the sponge is just the right amt of firm:soft:smooth ratio needed making usage nice and smooth. I use it almost everyday & found that my face wasn't shiny even after coming home from a long day at college! And a big plus is it matches me perfectly, too, which is awesome, and at the same time (i can't stress this enough) it goes on smooth, covers pores pretty well w/o clogging, and never makes my skin look dry or patchy like the more powdery one did. Basically, the price is worth it because it works wonders on a person like me with a mix of oily and dry skin. The case with the pink slivers is nice and a bit cuter than the blue shimmery one, too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

How do you review a gorgeous product you can't use because all the shades are too dark?

This is the smoothest, most velvety powder foundation I've ever looked at! Beautiful coverage and exquisite texture, too, but limited shades. Other reviews have noted that this foundation runs dark: does it ever! But powder foundation fans who can find a match will fall in love with it!

Shiseido, please create B10 or B00 for us very fair neutral beige customers!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by yslplease

It looked so perfect when I was sitting at the Nordstrom Shiseido stool... So I was sold. I wore it a couple of times and I realized

1) It's too dark for me, it makes me very orange. HOWEVER I20 is probably my shade, they just produce the thing too orange-y.
2) It makes me break out. I thought it was the sponge, so I tried using a brand new sponge and I still broke out. I used a brush, and the powder flew everywhere and I broke out.

I really like the packaging and the coverage but I just can't wear it anymore. I wasted about $40 since the powder and the case is sold separately. UGH!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

This should not have been a replacement for Powdery, it should have been an addition to the range because it is suitable only for dry skin. On my normal skin it becomes greasy quickly. Its initial texture is very velvety but that has faded to greasy after an hour.
Powdery is great for oily-normal skins. Bring back powdery please!!!
/Not cheap here either, 40 euros...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Sushigrl1029

I typically love Shiseido and usually their I00 color is perfect on me. However, their I00 in this compact is terribly dark on me. I look orange and you have to blend it to the point it isn't even on your face anymore. I have known a lot of other people who have the same problem. I would buy it if Shiseido could come out with a better color selection. Until then, I have to say I am terribly disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MonaG79

For the price of this product, I was very disappointed. First of all, this is way to cakey and it slides off my face after 3 hours!!!
I have oily skin and this did not help! Whenever I would use oil blotters, it left a huge patch of the make-up that easily smeared off!
This product is not for oily skin, it made me break out too.
The color doesn't stay at all and it made me turn orangey. They did not have the perfect match for my skin tone due to limited color selections. This product made me more oily than I really am and this is rediculous, I even had to buy the compact seperate...totally not worth the price. I found something way cheaper and works way better than Shiseido!