October 1, 2014 | 1057 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Mackleman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I couldnt even get through a quarter of a bottle of this. The smell wasn't very good and I would usually wash it off my hands before i got out of the shower because I disliked it so much. It did nothing for my breakouts and seemed to just dry my skin out fairly badly. My skin was not oily, but seemed shiny anyway. Unfortunately this is another of those "cheap and nasty" products. I wish I could say something nicer about it than the fact that its only positive factor is its low price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by BlueMangoBlues

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using this my face was on fire for a full night. I had difficulty sleeping, it was that bad. Everywhere that the wash had touched turned my face pinkish-red, so basically the only unaffected areas were my hairline and my jaw and my eyes. I looked like I was wearing a pink face mask -.- it smelled amazing but was horrible on my skin. Never, ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by andyschill

I used to be so intrigued by all these facial cleansers that smell amazing, and have pretty colors. As I've learned, the more simple, the better. I used this product and it did not help my complexion. In fact, it made it worse. I had the hard, painful zits on my chin and forehead - things I hadn't had since I was 15. I truly believe it was all the extra additions in this cleanser.

Don't let the exciting ads and wonderful scents fool you - you face is a precious thing. Stay away from fragrances and those colorful soaps. They are harsh!

No, no, no.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Ruiza26

I have very acne prone skin and this is by far the best cleanser it cleans my skin so well... I have repurchased this a million times and i love it

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Jameagann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must say, I was very excited to use this product! It looked good, and I thought it smelled amazing. I've struggled with blackheads and just acne in general, and I had high hopes that this product would help me out. But alas, it did not. A few days after using morning and night, my skin became severely dry and irritated. But I thought my skin just needed to get use to it, so I upped my moisturizer and continued to use for two more weeks. I saw no visible improvement and my skin was dryer than ever. I think this product would be much better for people with oily skin. But if you're like me, and your skin is sensitive and dry , this is a definite no.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by NeutralMortal18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was watching TV and all of a sudden this ad. On the pink facial wash came and I was intrigued and I decided to give it a try. So I went to Walmart to buy it and surprisingly it wasn't even expensive, so I bought 1. When I got home I was so excited to use it. Now when I tried this on skin and it was thoroughly cleansed and I really did like it. However after 3 days I noticed several bumps on my face and I was shocked because I hardly ever had those before. So I decided to stop using it and my face was thoroughly clear after the next couple of days. Personally I'm a big fan of the neutrogena line but this was just too strong and contained far too many chemicals that my face could bear.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by KateGuil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

no likey

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Jillian5125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, I have normal to dry, acne-prone (mostly on my cheeks), easily congested (clogged pores on my chin) skin.

I used this cleanser religiously for about a year and LOVED it. It kept my breakouts to a minimum and made my skin feel smooth and soft. Then I stopped using it and tried other cleansers for a few months (you know how it is... always feeling the need to try new products), and my skin started looking awful!! I started getting those deep, painful acne on my cheeks that take forever to go away and clogged pores all over my chin that are impossible to get rid of. I tried everything... organic cleansers, oil cleansers, other acne-fighting cleanser... no matter what I used, nothing cleared up the breakouts or clogged pores. After about four months of consistent breakouts and clogged pores, I started using the pink Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Cleanser and my skin has FINALLY cleared up again! Literally within a week of using this cleanser, all of my clogged pores have gone away and my cheek breakouts are almost gone!

Yes, this cleanser can be a bit drying on its own, but I only use it once a day (at night) and follow it with a good toner (I use the Michael Todd Blue Green Algae toner which totally re-hydrates my skin!) and moisturizer, and it's totally fine.

I absolutely love this cleanser and have no idea why I ever stopped using it. I learned my lesson!! My skin loves this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by navvii

this was the only product that cleared up my acne by 98%, all that was left was a bit of red marks from the pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by butny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this product. i only use it once a day in my morning rutine and i love the smell it actually wakes me up! its very gentle and i do have oily skin but not many breakouts. I really dont get all the reviews saing that its super drying cause it has never dried my face...