Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

on 7/3/2014 2:27:00 PM

Used the original oil-free acne wash by this brand (the orange colored one) and it worked great, but this one however was on offer and I assumed it'd be just as good, just smell like grape fruit. I couldn't have been more wrong. I usually try to finish a product as I'm cost conscious but half way through I just gave it away to a family member who doesn't have problem skin. Caused me major break outs that you couldn't cover with make up, and personally thought it smelt like fairy liquid rather than grapefruit. Soon as I stopped using it my skin started clearing up. I will never buy this again and don't recommend it to anyone with problem skin.

on 6/8/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Been having a few small pimples on my chin so I decided to go out and find a skin care line which I could alternate between morning and night use. I was torn between the clean and clear morning burst or neutrogena grapefruit oil free acne line. I purchased the oil free cleansing wipes, facial scrub and the wash. Not long after using them I realized I should have gone with the clean and clear. I used the scrub twice and the wash once along with the wipes daily to remove oily when I woke up before getting rough dry skin, not only was my skin painfully dry and almost cracked but I got more pimples appearing on random areas of my face. I used these for three days total that is it and my face is horribly broken out, uneven skin tone and it looks and feels like sandpaper. Unfortunately each probably was 9.00 so this was a waste of almost 30.00 and now I am having to throw them away. Will not use this product again and I would not recommend this product. Sadly this has turned me off of use neutrogena products.

on 6/7/2014 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

At first, this cleanser cleans well.

Then -- a little too well. Way too well. Raw skin revealing well. This one is way too strong, and left my skin raw and sensitive. After using it, simple eye watering from my eyes rolling down my eyes burned my skin. Tossed it after about a week.

Avoid.

on 4/29/2014 9:17:00 AM

Initially this product appears to be working great, cleaning my skin with a lovely citrus scent.
After two days, broke me out in painful spots across my neck and chin, which were quite itchy and uncomfortable!!
Not a good product for perhaps sensitive skin!

on 4/27/2014 7:12:00 AM

omg this cleasner ruined my skin. it smelt great but afterwards my skin broke out. my skin was peeling and there was reddness !! this was just after one use !! i chucked it out straight away.

on 4/26/2014 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my god. I don't know what neutrogena put in this product but let me begin by saying I've never had acne in my life . I get occasional pimples , hormonal or stress-induced. I tried this cleanser because I broke out really badly after overwhelming my skin with new cleansers Toners and moisturizers In an attempt to find my new regime. I needed something to wipe out the pimples so I could begin healing my skin. I used this product only once. I don't even have sensitive skin but the first time I tried this my pimples worsened and these red bumps appeared on my skin. Not pimples but inflated red bumps . Needless to say I was horrified and ran back to the cvs to return this monstrosity...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I don't see what's up with all the negative reviews... I've used this product three times, and my skin is soft and not super oily like it used to be. Hehe, I'm pretty sure this product is for oily skin, not acne-prone, that's why people are feeling painfully tight. Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of the smell, but it works nice and it lathers up quick. Easy to wash off without residue. My breakouts haven't gotten worse as other reviews have said, and I don't have any dry spots or red itchiness. I'm happy how well this product worked.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have bad acne on and off. I can never find anything that works and this literally made no difference to my skin made it feel clean but was greasy in about 2 hours

on 3/18/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product completely ruined my skin. I bought it three day ago used it 2 nights in a row and my face is dry, red, burned, itchy, and feels like complete sandpaper. DO NOT buy this product I threw this in the sink I didn't even want it in my house hold. It may smell good and look cute pretty pink but this is deadly to your skin especially if you have no acne it will burn your skin

on 3/17/2014 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this facial wash. My facial skin is acne prone so I find it difficult to pick the right cleanser but this one is great since I used it I rarely have acne and only around pms which is good compared to before. Although it has this one problem is that it really tightens my face when I use it but It's expected as it has 2% salicylic acid so by just using a good moisturizer directly after washing my face I become okay.