Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crisups (Carrageenan), Agar, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polysorbate 20, ALumina, Butylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Titanium DIoxide, Iron Oxides, Red 30 Lake, Red 40, Violet 2, Mica, Fragrance (963-181)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE!! Okay, so I started off being in love with this product, but over time it gradually made my bacne worse and worse and worse. It took me awhile to notice that it was this product that caused it, but as soon as I switched to Cetaphil the problem was non existant. I absolutely LOVE this stuff and it lasts forever! So if you're having trouble with body acne, do not, I repeat, do not waste your money on this. In the long run it will only make your problem worse. Get Cetaphil and I promise you won't be dissapointed!

on 10/15/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My body tends to become acne prone during the warmer months of the year, which is when I switch over to this product. It has been a life-saver for me and when I first discovered it I could tell such a dramatic difference with my skin.

I honestly can't really tell much of the scent, but I love that it is gently and not drying. It leaves my skin feeling clean and it is just great, esp during the summer time!

on 10/1/2011 11:25:00 PM

I've been using this for a few months now, along with a net sponge, and my skin has been clear the whole time. Granted, I also supplement my use of this with occasional sprays of Murad's body spray, and occasional application of AHA lotion by Lubriderm, so I can't be sure that this is a great product, but my skin has improved drastically since I started this regime. I basically wash with this (or with St. Ives Energizing Citrus, which is my huge bottle of cheap stuff at my boyfriend's apartment), and every few days I spray the Murad on my back, chest, and arms. About every 1.5 weeks I apply the AHA lotion. It's not a very set regiment, I basically just apply either the spray or the lotion every few days, and make sure to wash my back with a sponge and soap and try not to let shampoo and conditioner run down my back.

I can say that this hasn't aggravated my skin at least, and it smells really good! Though the beads are useless. I really recommend using it with a poof, and trying a body spray/AHA lotion in rotation. Good luck!

on 9/28/2011 11:49:00 PM

First off, let me say this is the exact same thing as the Grapefruit Face Scrub. Do not be fooled. I've compared the ingredients as well as the texture. So if you're looking for more bang for your buck, go ahead and purchase this body wash because it contains more than the scrub. I use this on my face as well as my chest and back. Very multi purpose product.
Now, onto the review. The scent is grapefruit, all right. At times when I use this, I smell that "B.O." smell. But I've gotten used to it now so it hardly bothers me.
I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging...once younhave very little left, it's hard to get the product out. If you store it upside down so that the product is ready to come out when you need it, it will leak.
This has "exfoliating" beads in it which do absolutely nothing so do not expect to be exfoliated from this "scrub". This is more of a gel cleanser with some beads in it to boost sales and mislead consumers.
This does contain 2% Salicyc Acid and it will make your skin more dry, like most acne care products (this is how they work, people, so stop your whining & complaining!). If you moisturize your skin, it will become used to this product and adjust to it in two or so weeks.
I've found this helps to keep my skin clear on my face, back, and chest along with using benzoyl peroxide, baking soda and birth control. Everyone is different and so what works for me might not work for you.

on 9/27/2011 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read the magazine reviews and bought it based on them. It does the job. I'm a runner and during the summer between sunscreen, road dirt and sweat I need something to help me avoid breakouts. My chest and tummy breakout (weird Iknow). Love the smell can't say the microbeads are good or bad but I would try it again.

on 9/26/2011 1:12:00 AM

Let me say this, the grapefruit products smell amazing. But for my skin type, that's they only positive.

I have moderate acne on my chest, and this stuff just isn't strong enough. I much prefer the Stress Relief Body Was, but it's been discontinued.

I would totally recommend this for those who have less acne pron skin or whose skin doesn't need that high of a medication percentage.

on 9/21/2011 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I LOVE THIS!!!
It does an amazing job for body acne, getting rid of everything w/ each use and fading spots! It smells wonderful, lathers up SO much, and just is a really great product for me! I do highly recommend it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have been using this product for a few years, and for these few years I have been relatively body blemish free. As soon as I began using this product, it cleared up my skin and helped keep it clear. I wish I could find something for my face that worked half as well as this did! Alas, the only thing I hate is that it's always a struggle for me when it comes down to the last inch of the product. But as long as this continues working, I will struggle away! I could not recommend this highly enough if you have body blemishes.

First off I'm going to say why I rated this product a three. The reason is, when I first started using it, it was doing great for about 2-3 weeks. My break outs were going away on my body every where. I thought it was great. So right around the 4th week of using it, I noticed that I was starting to get a rash underneath my breast. Actually, it's not even a rash. It's just a darker color than it should be. I thought that was kind of strange.
So my advice to people who are going to use it for the first time, do not think it's not working if you've only used it for a week. Sometimes you may break out after a week but trust me if you keep using it, it will go away. And another thing, if your skin becomes dry right after using it, you're suppose to put lotion on or the dryness will make your skin even worse than it was.
This is a great product but it's not for everyone.

I have moderate/severe acne on my chest and back (:/), and I used this daily for 4 weeks, every day followed by the body clear spray. At first, it really started to clear stuff up! ....but then I noticed that it stayeddd at an awesome-breakthrough product's first week stage. Like it looked like it was going to be a promising product after one week, but then the condition stayed exactly the same.
So, I can really only say that it helps, and helps me stop breaking out. However, it really doesn't get my acne to the level of like..."clear". And obviously, that's what I'm looking for!
So disappointing, I was really looking forward to this one! :(