Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

3.0

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

I'm somewhat obsessed with this scrub. I've been using it for about 4 years and it still works great for me. I really enjoy the fresh grapefruit scent and find that the consistency is perfect because it has the exfoliating beads but they aren't so abrasive that they irritate my sensitive skin. I actually really recommend using this on your body as well as your face. I occasionally get a pimple on my chest or back and I find that this has really reduced that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Originally, I bought this as an acne product, it didn't do zilch and made my skin really dry, maybe there'll be a better product in the near future.

on 11/28/2013 6:47:00 PM

I had been going through a really horrible skin stage when i bought this face wash and hoped it would clear up the acne i had, the price was also very reasonable which persuaded me to buy it and it also contains several acne fighting chemicals such as salicylic acid which i hoped would work wonders. The face wash has a strong grapefruit smell that can be unpleasant after a while, but the product is called 'grapefruit scrub' so i cant complain too much. After first use, my skin felt very dry, tight and itchy and i immediately had to soak my face in moisturiser. This happened the first 2/3 weeks i used the scrub until i guess my face just got used to it. The scrub lathers easily and makes your face feel clean, although i have still found traces of makeup left when i swipe my face with a face wipe after washing my face. If you have oily skin then i would probably recommend you buy this scrub as it will soak up any extra oil on your face, however, the scrub did not do any favours for me as it did not clear up my acne at all and just gave me dry skin.

on 11/25/2013 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had the same reaction as a lot of the other people on here with this face wash. I am surprised that a Neutrogena face wash caused such a bad reaction on my skin since I've never had a problem with their products.

I loved the smell and the feel of the face wash, but after a few days, my face started turning red and itchy. Instead of being soft but oily, my skin turned flaky, patchy and dry.

It took almost 2 weeks to get my skin back to normal. I would not recommend this cleanser to anyone, because my face isn't really sensitive, and this stuff seems to cause reactions in a lot of people.

on 11/25/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beware if you have sensitive skin.

This gave me a very painful, severely inflamed rash all over my face that took ten days to start going down; and then a couple more weeks for the redness to fully disappear. I had to go to the doctor and she told me to treat it with aloe vera, aquaphor, and some kind of antihistamine for the itching. Just passing this info along for anyone else who has the same reaction. (I actually ended up treating it with a combination of hydrocortisone, a zinc oxide product, and aquaphor. I also took Motrin for the inflammation.) I have never had a reaction like this to any other acne wash, including other Neutrogena washes. It was so painful that I could not sleep.

on 11/19/2013 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible face wash. I used to use this back at home (I'm from the Caribbean) and it was fine but I go to uni in Canada and decided to use it over here. Worst mistake ever. Not sure if it's because my face is pretty dry over here but this face wash dried the hell out of my face and broke me out. I don't have a problem with acne but this messed up my face. Now I've got itchy bumps. When I run my hand over my face it feels bumpy. Before this my face was smooth. Screw you neutrogena. Never buying again.

on 11/14/2013 7:29:00 PM

AMAIZNG!!! This cleared my acne I used this for a week and saw AMAIZNG results the exfoliating beads made my skin smooth beyond compare!! I love the smell this has but I felt as though my skin was cleaner aswell!

on 11/12/2013 9:26:00 PM

I bought this product mainly because of how amazing it smells...as for how well it works on my skin....it was pretty average. It started out working really well and I was happy with the results. But lately, my skin has been getting really dry and flaky and I'm pretty sure it's because of this product. I tend to break out only on my cheeks about once a month and this scrub does help treat acne AFTER it pops up. it does nothing to prevent it from popping up :(

on 11/3/2013 9:37:00 AM

BEST FACE WASH EVER. I have very acne prone skin and tried SO MANY face washes before including 'luxurious' brands. I never thought such a cheap face wash would work well with my skin but i did!!! It cleans my skin really well and it doesn't dry it up too much, perfect!!! is the only face wash i buy now and i will not be switching for a new one for long time.

on 10/29/2013 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I switched to this scrub after having the worst skin care experience with Proactiv. I was mainly drawn to this line in particular because of the scent, since one of my biggest problems with Proactiv was the smell. Turns out, this scrub is way more effective than Proactiv. I don't have extreme acne, but it's always there. This scrub helps to remove all the oils on my face and control the acne. It doesn't get rid of everything for me, but it keeps it under control. I'm not really ashamed of having some acne on my face, so it's not a big deal to me.

The bottle says to use it twice a day, but I find that it dries out my skin if used more than once a day, which says something because my skin is extremely oily. So, I use the scrub right before I finish showering, since the steam opens up my pores, making the cleansing process more effective. After being oily all day, the scrub makes my face feel so much better.

This product definitely isn't a miracle worker when it comes to acne treatment, but it keeps acne under control, especially during breakouts, which is all I really need.