April 16, 2014 | 1923 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Sephora - Anti-Shine Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by shtow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works great...for 8 hours only!!!! And I mean 8 exact hours! For the first 8 hours my skin looks poreless and very matte, but after 8 hours on the dot, my skin looks like an oil slick and gross. I would buy again if it worked longer but since it doesn't I will not repurchase.

I need my primer to keep me matte longer than 8 hours as I usually wear my makeup for 12-14 hours, and MOM keeps me matte longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence with this one. Doesn't perform any miracles on my oily skin, helps only minimally with oil control, doesn't make my makeup last significantly longer than normal...The price is reasonable. My search for an oil-control primer will continue.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Kellykins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I brought this primer for two solemn reasons:
1.) To make my make up glide on easier
2.) To control the oil in my t-zone.

It did none of these things! I wear mineral make up and it made the application of it really blotchy and unnatural-like. I find that just applying clinque's dramatically different gel is enough oil control, and makes my skin smooth enough for make up application. This primer is just useless, it's like adding another layer to a cake when the cake is already frosted. So so useless and a waste of money, and also it caused break-outs! Because it has silicone in it, and silicone traps bacteria easily which can lead to break outs. Just don't get it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jesscvz

this ws my very first foundation primer and i didnt even know you needed to use a primer until i started watching you tube videos. i liked it at first but then i noticed that my face wounld get a lil oily after about 4hrs and every time i would use it i would get acne on my forehead. so i stopped using it untill they went away and then i used it agin and the same thing happed. It was an ok primer but i wouldnt get it again because off the acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by stthomas11

Definition on the back of this product: "This primer guarantees an immediate action for a perfectly matte skin for 8 hours."

Pros comments: It does what it says. It does guarantee an immediate action for a perfectly matte skin look. I am oily around my T-zone and cheeks, that after I dab on just a little of this stuff around my oily areas, it makes it all look better. For the 8 hours wear, I only worn it a few times and usually just during the night time that I don't think I have ever gotten past the 8 hours to really see if it lasts that long. But for how ever long I did wear it, it held in for a while. For the price, I believe this costs me around $18, and since it is from Sephora, I believe the price is decent.

Cons comments: I haven't found any yet. Maybe next time I will try to wear it longer to see if it does last the entire 8 hours and will update this area if needed.

Suggestions: Of course the pricing. I am not saying it costs a whole lot compared to other products, but if they can tweek down the price to under $10 - $15, that would be awesome. (Or maybe just let me know if it goes on sale) :) Just a thought as I am planning on using this more often in the future.

Overall: I know it gave it five lipsticks based on the websites rating, but overall I would give it a 4. I would recommend this product and would buy it again and again since my skin is oily also and this helps just erase that problem.

Thanks for reading!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Man, I bought this primer after reading the reviews for it here. I was so excited; I have pretty oily skin and am always looking for products that help me to blot/powder less throughout the day.

This primer cost me a little over 20 bucks, which is an investment for me, since I'm an unemployed full-time student. It comes in a tube, which is nice, but that's pretty much all I liked about it.

It does dry matte, but it also dries to a texture that is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to blend anything over. Any liquid foundation, cream concealer just ended up looking super awful; cakey, streaky, dry. To the point where a couple of times I would have to wash it all off and start again sans primer. And, to top it all off, on days when I did wear this, it didn't control oil for me AT ALL! Boo, hiss! Overall a big waste of money for me.

I'm having much, much better luck with Neutrogena Sheer Dry Touch sunblock, SPF30, used as a primer. Keeps the oilies at bay!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by avid_writer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily skin and I would say that this stuff is better than Too Faced primed and poreless face primer and worse than Cover FX anti-acne face primer. I haven't tried monistat so I can't say how that compares. Oil seeps through with this but it's better than when I don't use a primer at all. Ultimately I didn't notice a significant difference though and I returned it. If you have really oily skin, this isn't going to keep the oilies at bay.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by GinaM98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, I have combination, acne prone skin and I'm extremely oily in my T-Zone and chin. I've tried numerous primers, with varying levels of success. My favorite primer until was the Sephora Brand smoothing primer. The main reason I use primer is to help my makeup apply more smoothly and last longer. Mission accomplished with this product, but it doesn't control oil so I'm on the hunt for a replacement. First I tried their "perfecting primer" but I didn't care for the pink shimmer and it made me break out. Now I have the "anti-shine" primer, I've been using it for 4 days and have no breakouts to speak of yet. As others have mentioned, it does dry very fast (which I actually like) so you have to apply it to one area of the face at a time and blend quickly. Also, it makes my foundation difficult to blend, so I have to take off a lippie for that. However, I applied my makeup 6 hours ago and I don't need to blot yet, so needless to say I am impressed. I've been applying it to my tzone, nose and chin and using the "smoothing primer" around my eyes and cheeks because it does a better job with lines and pores. With all of this said, I'd highly recommend trying this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff really does control oil and it helps my skin looks much smoother. However this stuff makes my foundation hard to blend and i dont like that its scented although the scent does fade. Its a clear white gel that dries quickly so you have to work fast with it. it comes in a hygenic squeeze tube and it works a lot better than other pricier primers. It hasnt broken me out so far and its been 2 weeks so far. Im loving it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ladybubblepop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this product.
I have oily/ acne prone skin. I love how the texture was silky and smooth.
I was partying all night and my skin stayed shine free.
I bought the product because I got 70% off :))))))))))