July 31, 2014 | 1758 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub - Oil-Free

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

This was one of the cheapest drugstore exfoliators I could find that I heard was good, so I kept using it continuously especially because I kind of liked the minty cooling effect that the exfoliator had on the skin while scrubbing. However, the scrubbing agents (I believe these were plastic beads...?) were rather large and rough on the skin... no kidding about deep action, but maybe too deep! I always left the sink with a pink-ish face because the scrub was so abrasive.

I later also read that menthol is a skin irritant, which is the ingredient in this scrub that causes the cooling effect, but this has no actual effect of cleaning your skin. So I dropped the rating to a 2 instead of 3 despite the fact that I liked the tingling feeling, because it makes no sense to include an ingredient in a facial care product that would irritate facial skin!

I currently use Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub, which I enjoy much more than I did the Clean & Clear scrub since the scrubbing agents are much smaller and gentler on the skin, and for the most part there aren't any skin irritants included in the ingredients like this one does. Never going back to it anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by jojoba27

I stumbled upon this product while searching for something for my skin for night and morning use. I absolutely adore it! It definitely gets rid off all the dirt and makeup off my face and feels so refreshing after! I am very acne prone and this definitely helps tremendously with it. When I first started using it, it dried out my face so bad but after using it repeatedly, it was just because it was something new. I love the beads, they are not harsh on the skin and it smells amazing! This is a must have!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by dylankayb

love the way this smells and it does bring off oil,dirt and makeup and leaves face feeling cool and clean but it did not help at all with my blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Berbecca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good exfoliator. It has a nice scent and a cooling effect on the face that makes it feel really clean and is gentle enough for everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

Nice scrub. Gentle & cooling. Makes my face feel great, and also works well on the body too =).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not gonna lie..I have been using this scrub for my BODY! I love exfoliating my skin without leaving a mess in my shower or irritating my skin. A LOT of body exfoliators cause me to break out on my chest, neck, and back..so I decided I would try using a scrub that is meant for the face, on my body..that way I definitely wouldn't break out. The first time I used this product I worried that it wouldn't be a strong enough exfoliant for my body, but boy was I wrong! Even though the product felt like it may not be getting the job done, when I stepped out of the shower and dried off I was pleasantly suprised by how smooth and glowing my skin looked. I am going to continue to use this product and also look for other FACIAL scrubs that may work well on my body. Just happy to have found something that works for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I'm one of the few who didn't like this. While it's very cooling and keeps you clean, it did not work for my normal/combination skin. It's kind of harsh, but I believe it is better for oily skins, but definitely not for sensitive. On the back side of the package, it claims that it is good for everyday use, but I don't think that exfoliators like this should be used everyday. Just my opinion. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by sameenelahi821

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Absolutely perfect for anyone with insanely oily skin! I don't care how oily your skin is, after using this you will feel like you were born again!! It's perfect. It's got these little exfoliating beads that leave absolutely NOTHING on your face, and it gives you a cool, tingly feeling that really makes you feel refreshed. I use this before bed to take off makeup and if you apply an acne-clearing product after it and wash it off in the morning, I absolutely guarantee that your skin will look a hundred times better in no time. If anyone is on the fence between this cleanser and the cream version - DO NOT buy the cream one! This one knocks the cream out of the park. It will forever be my nighttime skin cleansing product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness. This scrub is love and I'm totally enamored with it. Let me start off by saying that my skin is psychotic-oily, acne-prone, superficial acne-scarred- and I've been dealing with its nonsense for a long time. I picked up this scrub due to the awesome MUA reviews, putting my faith in it. This kind of thing usually ends poorly, especially when I get really excited about a skincare product.
To my surprise, however, this scrub works amazingly for my skin type! I've been using it with my Olay Pro-X brush or a cloth every morning for two weeks so far. It's just lovely. It has a pretty strong tingle, which I adore, but if you're the kind of person who doesn't like that menthol feel, steer clear from this one. It exfoliates effectively yet gently, cleanses deeply without drying me out, and rinses clean with this AMAZING refreshing, cooling sensation. It leaves my skin bright, smooth and refreshed.
Now, in the course of using this scrub, it has helped my existing acne a bit. Not due to medicine, because there's no salicylic acid or benzol peroxide in it, but due to how deeply it cleanses. My pimples dry up more quickly, without drying up my face, of course. Needless to say, I still use moisturizer daily and nightly.
The only cons for this scrub I can think of are the smell and the packaging. While the scent is quite pleasant, I don't find fragrance necessary in facial products. Also, while the bottle is cool looking and easy to dispense product, it gets a teeny bit leaky at the opening. I just have to he careful that none spills out when I use it.
These cons are moot compared to how awesome this scrub is. I look forward to using it every morning, and boy, does that tingle wake me up!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by HJensen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because my skin was feeling a little dull and lifeless. I use this just on my face and a different scrub on my body. This is a great exfoliator! The beads aren't to harsh and the formula feels amazing on your skin. Once you rinse it off, it's an incredible sensation. I'm giving this four stars because the packaging wasn't great. The cap filled with water in the shower and the product also leaks out into the lid of the cap. It's kind of messy and I have to make sure to drain out the cap before I take it out of the shower. Other than that, I would buy this product again.