Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.8

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

on 5/7/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, acne prone but still dry thanks to AZ desert.

Finally finished a full bottle but not planning to repurchase. It was good, but nothing special. Will start shiny, but most of it will matte down by the time you're applying makeup. Also needed something a bit more moisturzing being in the AZ desert, currently prefer Shiseido SPF cream versions.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been searching forever and ever for an SPF daily sunscreen that:
- Had SPF of at least 30
- Uses the SAFEST sunscreens (a lot of drugstore sunscreens have nasty nasty SPFs such as homoslate and oxybenzone--the irony that these sunscreens can cause cancer!)
- No white cast
- Lightweight
- BROAD-SPECTRUM UVB/UVA protection
- At the drugstore and not extremely expensive
- Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin
- No breakouts

It took me a long time, but after sifting through makeupalley's reviews, I came across Eucerin SPF Lotion. Eucerin is a brand for Rosacea and Sensitive Skin, so I was especially excited, since I have both issues.
After reading the reviews, it seemed to fit my criteria. I was so excited to go to the USA and get this: only $7 @ Target!!! WOW! I have been using this for about two weeks now, and no signs of acne/skin irritation coming from this product! It is so lightweight and though initially, it goes on white, this quickly goes away once you rub it into your skin and leaves NO WHITE CAST.

I really want to grasp everybody at just how hard it is to find a sunscreen with the LOWEST CANCER-CAUSING sunscreens that has NO WHITE CAST and is so darn CHEAP! All other reviews I have went through on MUA were expensive brands like Shiseido, but they still left a white cast and were $50 for a bottle in Canada.

The only problem is that it leaves the skin a bit sticky and it never really goes away. Not that a little dusting of powder can't help.

Overall I would give this 5 stars cause it fits my criteria for sunscreen 100%, it took forever to discover this gem. I have tried but stopped using (and forgotten) many other sunscreens like Neutrogena and L'Oreal because of the bad-chemical sunscreens they use. Never again. Only Eucerin.

on 4/25/2012 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a really lightweight and effective spf moisturizer. I find that it works well with my combination skin, and with its stable sunscreen ingredients, I feel protected from daily sun exposure. The packaging is simple and user friendly, and I like the fact that I can control the amount I pump out. The only possible downside is the initial white-cast due to the drier consistency of the face lotion. It's not quite "watery" so it doesn't absorb right away. Also, for those with drier skin, this will probably not be moisturizing enough.

I'm a huge fan of Eucerin products, and this facial SPF is my HG. For the longest time I was unable to use SPF on my face, each product I tried irritated my skin horribly, turning it red, blotchy and puffy. I just about given up until I remembered I used to use this product in my early 20's. This product doesn't irritate my skin, and actually protects it amazingly well from the sun (I put it to the test, more than once). It hydrates really well, sinks in well and leaves a healthy, dewy finish on my skin. It does come out a bit too white at first, but I blend it in really well and the white quickly disappears. Doesn't clog my pores, doesn't cause acne, it's just perfect. To add to all the pluses, it's affordable, easily accessible and the packaging is hygienic. Here is to praying Eucerin doesn't discontinue it, like they did to their pore refining line.

on 4/13/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Brilliant, brilliant product. Hands down this is the best facial sunscreen and moisturiser i have used. After running through a huge variety of sunscreens from expensive to cheap, i have finally found one that is perfect, and as luck would have it, it's one of the cheapest! Over the last year or so i have tried Clinique advanced protection face cream spf 30 (slight grainy feel, not moisturising, highlights flakies), an Anthelios face and body milk spf 50 (too harsh, made my face peel slightly), various chemist brands with spf that was too low, Jurlique spf 30 (way too expensive for long term use), i finally turned to MUA In desperation and bought a bottle of this on so many good recommendations. Nice thin, smooth application which moisturises my normal/ slightly dry skin perfectly and provides an excellent makeup base. Spf 30, awesome! Why companies still make sunscreens lower than 30 is beyond me! Skin cancer is real and can be deadly, i had a cancer removed from my back last year from damage incurred when i was a child, i haven't been in the sun without sunscreen for 15 plus years! And if you're not concerned about cancer, at least know that by putting a generous layer of sunscreen on every day you are doing the best possible thing to prevent lines and wrinkles later on, all thos anti-aging creams are worthless if you're not wearing a high spf. Save your fancy Aesop and Dr. Hauschka products for night time and grab yourself a bottle of this to use during the day, you can thank me
later!

on 4/12/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know what's up with this moisturizer, but it never fully absorbs into my skin. I mean, when you touch my face it *feels* like it's completely absorbed, but if I put makeup over it, my makeup rubs off way easy, like it doesn't wanna "stick" to the moisturizer. And this is Revlon Colorstay foundation I'm talking about! It just rubs right off! Also, the SPF is useless. I went to the zoo for 8 hours and came home with my face fried. I was never in contact with water, didn't sweat (it was only 60 degrees out), and by the end of the day it was all too apparent this moisturizer failed me. But it does moisturize quite well, and hasn't made me break out or anything, so I guess that's a plus.

on 3/31/2012 11:05:00 PM

I love this sunscreen :) i use it daily on my face and i bring it down to my neck, im careful not to put too much on because i feel like it gets greasy. I can put this over my eyes and it wont sting them or irritate them. There is a slight spf scent to it but that doesnt bother me.

on 3/29/2012 11:46:00 AM

I love this stuff! I had been searching for an spf moisturizer and this has done everything I have ever dreamed of. This leaves my skin moisturized all day. It doesn't leave any whiteness on my face. I leave my face damp after washing, warm this up in my hands and apply to my face. It is lightweight with no odor. Also, since using this, my acne has been clearing up (probably more due to me stopping usage of another product). It also hasn't caused any new acne!

on 3/24/2012 12:21:00 PM

This is my go to sunscreen and moisturizer. It is very light and does not leave my face greasy at all, even in the summertime. My skin absorbs it quickly, and I can apply make up, specifically powder based blush, without looking like a clown.

on 3/11/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a life saver! for ppl who hates buying sunscreen and hates wearing sunscreen! Although i love japanese brand sunscreen (no scent and very thin/liquidy, and MATTE) all of the ones in the states are really thick and heavy sunscreen scented and leaves you looking oily! the first couple of times i used this i noticed a slight sunscreen scent, but over time i couldnt notice anymore. and also at first it left my face a little oily but after about a week my skin got used to it and it was great! easily absorbed into skin and feels so light. sometimes when my skin is dryer i add a bit of vanicream and its all great. a little expensive around 8+ dollars so it took me a while to decide to pick this up but really, 8 dollars is NOTHING, i dont even kno why i hesitated b/c sunscreen on its own from the drugstore are usually lik 12$ so this is such a deal for spf30 and a good moisturizer.