Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.8

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

on 7/11/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have had a really hard time finding a facial sunscreen. Most have ingredients that set my sensitive skin off. I like that this lotion doesn't do that. I like that it wears well under makeup. I like that it has a high UVA/UVB SPF. I have not had a burn this summer since I've been using it. If this were just a sunscreen, I would have given it four lippies. But I had to knock it down a few lippies because it is billed as a moisturizer and it does. not. moisturize. My skin is dry and flaky by the end of the day, which should not be happening when I put a moisturizer on in the AM religiously. I will use this as a sunscreen until it runs out, but as I will have to use a separate moisturizer, I do not think I will repurchase. ETA: Bah. After a month or so of no reaction, it set my skin off terribly. Out it goes. :( Time to try something else.

on 7/5/2012 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love almost every Eucerine product, but this one didn't cut it. I was looking for a good drugstore brand moisturizer and decided to try this because of the added SPF. First of all, this leaves my face looking really white! It's like slathering on a thick sunscreen. This caused my makeup to look really strange the rest of the day. Also, it seemed a little gritty on my face. It didn't go on smoothy and left me looking and feeling a bit dry and uncomfortable. I'll probably just use this on my hands so I don't waste it...it's just not for me.

on 6/27/2012 5:18:00 PM

Honestly, I'm torn on how to review this product. This is a good everyday moisturizer with sunscreen. The PPD isn't terribly high so I use it as an everyday product rather than depend on it for prolonged sun exposure (I live in Seattle so I don't get much sun on a daily basis.) My main issue is the same that I have had with every sunscreen product I've ever tried. 1/4 teaspoon is just a ton of product to slather on your face especially if you expect to put makeup over it. One pump of this would be the perfect amount but it takes 3 pumps to get 1/4 tsp (which is the amount required for your face to get the labelled SPF.) with this much product, every moisturizing/ SPF product I've tried becomes too heavy and does not play well with makeup so I don't think its fair to mark this down too much because of that.

Pros: doesn't break me out, doesn't dry out skin or require extra moisture, SPF 30, convenient pump bottle, inexpensive

Cons: greasy and non-absorbent when required amount is applied, UVA protection could be better

I love Eucerin everyday for being the only sunscreen that doesn't break me out and for keeping me protected from incidental exposure, I just wish they could find a way to make it absorb better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I felt the need to write a review for this facial moisturizer seeing as I HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME WITH SUNSCREENS ON MY FACE!! Seriously, dang near everything I put on my face burns! Yes I have seriously sensitive skin, I'm no stranger to contact dermatitis or atopic derm at that, and chemicals seem to be the worst when it comes to sunscreen. This stuff is amazing seeing as I can use it without much worry of it burning... some times the corners of my nose (where it creases and meets your face) will become only slightly irritated if I start sweating but I haven't exactly pinned that down to this product yet.

I did subtract one lippie and that is because I do get a noticeable white 'mask' from this product. It does however seem to get better if I let it sit for a while before applying my make up. So I'm not totally against the product. Heck I use this stuff for my face, arms, chest, legs, just as sunscreen when I'm on the run and don't feel like messing around with other greasy sunscreens.

on 6/11/2012 1:33:00 AM

LOVE IT. I used to use Olay's Complete Defense SPF 30 moisturizer. Decided to try this because it was much cheaper and had great sunscreen ingredients. I've been using it for over a year (I use it every single day!) and could not be happier with it. Does not make me break out. Great under makeup. Doesn't leave a white cast on my face. Goes on nice and smooth, unlike Olay which I would have to spend more time rubbing it in. Walmart has this for $6.97 (for 4 oz). Olay's Complete Defense SPF 30 costs $12.27 (for only 2.5 oz). So you can't beat it!

on 5/28/2012 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Because I use retin-a my face is very sensitive to sunscreens. So far, this is the only sunscreen I have found that doesn't burn my face and is also higher than a spf of 15. I gave it a 4 overall rating because it makes my face look very shiny. It does leave a whitish cast, but it goes away when I really rub it into my skin.

on 5/7/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, acne prone but still dry thanks to AZ desert.

Finally finished a full bottle but not planning to repurchase. It was good, but nothing special. Will start shiny, but most of it will matte down by the time you're applying makeup. Also needed something a bit more moisturzing being in the AZ desert, currently prefer Shiseido SPF cream versions.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been searching forever and ever for an SPF daily sunscreen that:
- Had SPF of at least 30
- Uses the SAFEST sunscreens (a lot of drugstore sunscreens have nasty nasty SPFs such as homoslate and oxybenzone--the irony that these sunscreens can cause cancer!)
- No white cast
- Lightweight
- BROAD-SPECTRUM UVB/UVA protection
- At the drugstore and not extremely expensive
- Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin
- No breakouts

It took me a long time, but after sifting through makeupalley's reviews, I came across Eucerin SPF Lotion. Eucerin is a brand for Rosacea and Sensitive Skin, so I was especially excited, since I have both issues.
After reading the reviews, it seemed to fit my criteria. I was so excited to go to the USA and get this: only $7 @ Target!!! WOW! I have been using this for about two weeks now, and no signs of acne/skin irritation coming from this product! It is so lightweight and though initially, it goes on white, this quickly goes away once you rub it into your skin and leaves NO WHITE CAST.

I really want to grasp everybody at just how hard it is to find a sunscreen with the LOWEST CANCER-CAUSING sunscreens that has NO WHITE CAST and is so darn CHEAP! All other reviews I have went through on MUA were expensive brands like Shiseido, but they still left a white cast and were $50 for a bottle in Canada.

The only problem is that it leaves the skin a bit sticky and it never really goes away. Not that a little dusting of powder can't help.

Overall I would give this 5 stars cause it fits my criteria for sunscreen 100%, it took forever to discover this gem. I have tried but stopped using (and forgotten) many other sunscreens like Neutrogena and L'Oreal because of the bad-chemical sunscreens they use. Never again. Only Eucerin.

on 4/26/2012 1:08:00 AM

I bought this during my Holiday to USA, it is not available in Singapore.

Can't have enough of this gentle sunscreen, it is light, not oily, protect my skin from sunlight, easy to cleanse off. I only paid USD 10+. Works very well with Equate Proactiv dupe.

Glad thing is I can get from amazon at much better price. I will buy more after I am done with my current bottle, I think easily another 2-3 months.

on 4/25/2012 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a really lightweight and effective spf moisturizer. I find that it works well with my combination skin, and with its stable sunscreen ingredients, I feel protected from daily sun exposure. The packaging is simple and user friendly, and I like the fact that I can control the amount I pump out. The only possible downside is the initial white-cast due to the drier consistency of the face lotion. It's not quite "watery" so it doesn't absorb right away. Also, for those with drier skin, this will probably not be moisturizing enough.