December 19, 2014 | 1021 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

I am a big fan of Fancy. This smells decadent to me: Warm, creamy carmel, vanilla, and burnt brown sugar. It's a great Autumn scent. I would agree with other reviews that men seem to absolutely love this scent, but I have read in the past the men veer toward vanilla based scents. It's not overly sweet or candy-smelling by any means. And I don't smell like a dessert when I wear it either. It has pretty good lasting power and it certainly is not cloying or overwhelming. This scent just reminds me of Autumn: Leaves turning, pumpkin pie, carmel apples, fires burning in the fireplace. I love it! I recently bought Fancy Love and I am actually loving that perfume more so than the original Fancy. Both are great scents - Jessica Simpson has done a wonderful job with her perfumes. I don't care who makes or endorses a perfume - I am no snob in that arena. As long as it goes in harmony with my body chemistry and I love it, then I buy it. Another plus is that both scents can be purchased at TJ Maxx for $19.99 for a 1.7 oz. bottle. Pretty cheap compared to what the department store sells both for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the most synthetic, caustic, cheap-smelling fragrances I have yet to experience. Even with all of the congruent reviews, I still reprimanded myself for being a fragrance snob when I first smelled this, because I couldn't believe how harsh it was. I thought, "Maybe I've just smelled too many niche fragrances?" In case you haven't figured it out, I was a bit disappointed at first. Fancy has a sharp opening of tart red berries, pear, a wisp of apricot, and a touch of almond. The harshness dissipates, and the fragrance develops into a warm, comforting, rich, creamy, caramel vanilla, with subtle gardenia and jasmine. It reminds me of powdered jelly donuts covered with toasted almonds and drizzled with caramel. It exits the party leaving a faint aura of Play-Doh and powdered sugar. I concede that this fragrance is not particularly refined or delicately executed, and the notes seem to be compounded together, like a child's ice cream sundae after they've excitedly mixed all of the ingredients. But as a true gourmand lover, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this fragrance. When you need sweetness and coddling, you'll find it here. It really does grow on you. Longevity and sillage are excellent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sportschick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my 3rd bottle of Fancy. I love it so much!

It has a unique scent to it...a bit of a fruity smell at first, but definitely hints of sandalwood and vanilla, giving it a bit of a musky smell. Feminine but with a hint of masculinity.

The scent lasts forever! I spray it in my hair and 8 hours after my workday is over, i will catch whiffs of it. I get a ton of compliments everytime i wear it, from women and men.

I really like the bottle too. It sits on my vanity with my other myriad of perfume bottles, but it just stands out with its rose gold lid and bottle. so pretty.

I will continue to repurchase this scent. I usually buy it during the holidays when you can get the lotion and body wash set!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a bit of a perfume snob...never ever would I buy a celebrity perfume...no...not I...not until I sniffed Jessica Simpson Fancy and it was love at first whiff!

I have tried and bought some crazy expensive high end perfumes and I have never smelled anything so nice with a crazy amazing lasting power!

I sprayed this one morning on my tank top...fell asleep in that tank that night. In the morning my son came in to wake me hugged me and said "you smell amazing..Mom do you put perfume on before going to bed?". The scent was there from 24 hours before...heavenly vanilla, caramel scent.

I am no longer a perfume snob thanks to Jessica Simpsons Fancy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by maria242

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it is reallyyy strong even thought its a nice smell, it gives me a headache though, when i first sprayed it, it smelt like vera wang princess night (which i also have), but i think vera wang is much better and less stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by blancacachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love love love. This is favorite fragrance of all time. From the smell to silage it is down right amazing. I always receive compliments and get asked what I'm wearing. The smell reminds me of a certain smell from my childhood that I can't recall but makes me feel clean, sexy, and sweet.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by dreamsecurity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Count me among the many here who were embarrassed to purchase a perfume with Jessica Simpson's name on it, which was amplified even more by the name of the perfume ("Fancy"? Really??).

However, I was looking for something sweet and simple to wear on days when I don't feel like using an expensive scent. I picked it up for $20 at TJMaxx. Overall, it's the epitome of a gourmand, so if that isn't your thing, stay away. It definitely falls under the same category as Fantasy by Britney Spears, but it isn't as shrill. It's still very sugary and feminine, but aged up a little bit. I wouldn't wear this to a cocktail party or a special event, but it's perfectly suitable for every day wear--shopping, hanging out with friends, even work. In some ways, it reminds me of a fruitier, stronger (this stuff packs a punch), and more girlish Hanae Mori Butterfly. It's a "feel good" scent and worth the cheap price tag.

Update 6/18/12: Almost all of the males I work with are gay, but we recently hired two straight guys. I usually do a second spray midday (my skin eats up perfume like nobody's business), and afterwards, on two separate occasions, the guys have commented, "Is, is that you? You smell *amazing*". Guys in their 20s seem to be really fond of this scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite gourmand scents because it isn't sickly sweet. The almond, floral, and sandalwood notes cut some of the sweetness a bit. I reach for this one when I want to smell yummy, but still "adult", lol. Pretty bottle, as well. Lasts a long time!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by BeautyChick101

i had to write a review on this fragrance it is probably the best fragrance i have in my collection. when i smelt it for the first time on a friend i asked her what is this smell its amazing she told me 'fancy' by jessica simpson i had to have it !!!
i looked around everywhere for it and i finally found it at priceline for $29 soo cheap (it was on special at the time)
this is a beautiful smell and i always get complimented on it it lasts a while on me but most perfumes dont last long on me
if your looking for a sweet vanilla scent that is sexy at the same time this is definantly the fragrance to turn to
always sample the perfume before trying JUST INCASE but as i said if your into the sweet smelling perfumes your bound to love this one :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

I don't really have a very high opinin of Jessica Simpson, but I do really like her fragrance. It starts off a little fruity with some warmth to it. I get mostly apricot to start with, and then it dries down to a warm caramel vanilla. It's definitely gourmand, but it's not sugary sweet - it has a nice warmness to it. It has great lasting power on me but it's not loud or overpowering.