November 28, 2014 | 1868 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by novrain1

I feel that Lancome foundations are the best on the market by far. I was sold this by accident when asking for another Lancome foundation. I thought I would give it a try and have been using it for over a year now. The coverage is light enough to make it feel as though you are not wearing any makeup, but enough to cover imperfections and even out skin tone for a more natural look. It is not greasy, but can get greasy if you have oily skin/combination skin. It is not as good for oily skin as the LANCÔME
Teint Idole Ultra, which has a matte finish. Also I like the color Ivoire 2C because it is not too light like most of the OTC drugstore brands. I learned the best way to apply this is with a foundation brush. It also comes in a convenient pump bottle. The only down side is the cost $42.00 usually, but if you use the foundation brush the bottle should last approx. 3-4 months at 1 application per day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by gionnetto2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always been a big fan of Lancome.. but I'm starting to give up on them.

First off, this foundation used to be a perfect color match for my skin. Unfortunately they kept the same number and name except that now it's darker. The second problem I have with it, it's supposed to be for dry skins - and it isn't nearly as moisturizing and soothing as its previous incarnations were (especially Maquidouceur). Now it's more liquid than it used to be, too runny and with almost no coverage. It's still good for highlighting/sculpting your cheeks. I think it now works better for combination skins.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by yjuliao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried this on several occasions, day,night, indoors, outdoors, on cold and hot days.
I have normal skin with occasional dry spouts from using glycolic, retinol and in home microdermabrasions. Regardless, this foundation works fairly well under all conditions.
I do find myself powdering areas here and there on warmer days, but not too much.
I have to say I prefer to have some shine as oppose to the matte look. Just know that this foundation is not complete coverage, so if you're looking to hide blemishes, marks, etc, you'll need to apply concealers to those areas especially under eyes if you're trying to hide dark circles or whatever. For me, this foundation gives my skin a more natural balance coverage. Still in search for a good foundation that gives complete coverage, but my guess is that would also add complete caking, so best to take care of skin to avoid more imperfections.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by darkangelslave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Definitely one of my HG foundations (as i have a few that are a MUST in my eyes). Evens out my skin so perfectly. Goes on like a nice rich cream/liquid. Perfect for my dry area's and doesn't make my oily areas slip or slide. Looks fantastic all day giving a lovely dewy pretty finish. Colour range is ok (not many colours) but the number 3 is closest to my skin tone (probably just slightly pink, but not really noticeable). I usually wear a O20 in shiseido as have a warm base skin tone but extremely light skin.
Love the pump dispenser as it is clean and easy and you can see how much you have left!

UPDATE:
Returned this after 3 weeks. Colour started to oxidize on my skin and turn bright orange!!! Not a flattering look! Maybe might repurchase if they change the formula but not for now!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by thebleutini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As an asian, I've always thought I could never find the perfect shade in US department but this foundation totally changed my mind. I have dry skin with oily t-zone and I always need to blot t-zone area at least once a day to control the shine.

Guess what...this is my HG foundation ever!!
When I was first using this, I used it with the SmashBox primer and my skin broke out on my forehead and cheek areas with tiny little red bumps. To find out what was causing all these break outs, I first changed my daily skin care routine by adding Neutrogena shine control scrub and Salicylic Acid cleanser.

And surprizingly my skin came back to normal in 2 days (yeah!!) and I don't break out anymore even with the use of both this foundation and Smashbox primer. I am so happy that I didn't give up on this foundation just because of the initial break out. Otherwise I would've been still searching for the perfect foundation. It gives me a perfect dewy look and such a light texture which I love the most. Personally this worked better than MUFE foundation (it was too oily for me) and Estee Lauder Double wear (too heavy). I had to get 5 different shades (sample size) to find the perfect shade for my skin (I got Ivoire 4) but over all it was worth to try them all. I hppe they don't discontinue with this product!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaAlessia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this,glides on beautifully and stays put,i am 20 years old and whilst i do not have any lines or wrinkles as of yet i really like the plump and glowy look,this foundation helps me to achieve that. The consistency is quite creamy and so a little goes a long way and the coverage is fantastic,it give the illusion of perfect skin, in person and and in photograph's. I have a combination skin so it is mandatory for me to use some form of setting powder and then this just looks flawless. This also is really good at hydrating those dry areas and overall is a foundation that i will repurchase and recommend to those who like a naturally flawless look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by bowbat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is really lovely. I have oily yet aging skin (delightful combo), and this foundation handles both problems beautifully. My skin looks, well, luminescent -- glowing without being shiny. The product applies easily using just my fingertips and a little goes a long way. I use less than a pea-sized amount for my whole face to get the coverage I need. Possible HG; time will tell.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Linda_tsch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

ive been using photogenic lumessence for a little while and i must say that this foundation truly makes you glow! i use beige albatre-the lightest in the line, and though it is slightly too dark for my skin, it blends really easily and the glow it gives your skin makes up for the colour being slightly too dark. however i find if i use le blanc de chanel first it lightens it a little! it is also is the first foundation ive used that i have been complimented on, when i was sick and by a male none the less! as for staying power, it is quite good, i have combination skin, so usually a light dust of bronzer during the summer or benefit dandelion (year round) sets it! all in all a truly great foundation! HG!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by anna2602

I bought this yesterday and have only worn it today, but as for now it's my HG foundation, so I just had to write a review.

My skin is really dry, especially now in winter, and especially because I have this weird virus infection which gave my whole body a sort of "rash" also a little bit in a face area, allthough in the face the rash only gave me extreme dryness, not reddish marks.

Anyway, this foundation is lovely. I apply it with a MAC 190 brush and it goes on like a dream, and looks really natural. I just came home from a long day at school and it's still excactly in place. Amazing. My skin looks and feels glowy and dewy. It's the best foundation I have ever tried. The only con I have is that even the lightest shade is a tad too orange on my fair skin, but don't worry, fair skinned people can still make it work though! The coverage is perfect! A medium I would say, but still buildable.

All dry skinned people, buy this and love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all this line has decent color selection (bisque 2 is a perfect match for me). The light reflecting pigments in this fx do add a very luminous glow. It goes on like silk, blends perfectly and comes in a pump. My favorite thing about this foundation is that it looks like *real* skin!! Not a "made-up" face! Just glowing skin!! Only downside is after 8-10 hours of wear my face needs to be re-done (if I'm going out, etc). If you are curious about this, spend $20 more dollars and get Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk....best foundation in the world, google it for tons of non-MUA reviews as well.