September 22, 2014 | 1981 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love it, it combines two mascaras : lenght and volume, BUT dries out so quickly so i actually prefer Definicils over it. i tried to make it usable again by putting the tube in hot water, but the stick broke inside the tube so i had to chuck it out , it was barely a month old.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by uniqsol11

I was skeptical at first, due to several years worth of try & trashing other mascaras. After reading review after review of success stories, I ordered it on-line from Nordstrom's. Their price was $30.

I absolutely love this mascara. I have stick-straight lashes. They have a fair length, but it's a moot point when you can't see them! This mascara made them CURL. 8^O
I'm amazed at the look when I use this product. My lashes actually have curl to them with this mascara.

It dries quickly, but I am still able to use my lash brush to separate my lashes a bit.
I haven't noticed any smudging issues throughout the day.

I have not noticed much volumizing with this product, however. I didn't see a "lush" lash look. But I was on the hunt for a curling mascara & am very pleased with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by svprior

Truly this mascara deserves a 5! I have tried almost every mascara known to womankind - and have loved Diorshow Original for many years, however, I find that it dries out now faster than ever - and I'm really not into buying a new mascara every 2 months. Iconic is fantastic - it seems to last forever. It has a much wetter consistency, but this enables you to build up layers and layers - depending on how volumised and intense you want you eyes to look. The chestnut coloured one is gorgeous - a rich brown black that makes blue eyes pop. Unlike Diorshow original, you do need an eye makeup remover (not a waterproof one), but it comes off easily. Does not flake, smudge or irritate the eyes (I wear lenses). Basically, I shall be buying this from now on as I think it's a superior mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by xapplex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have at least 30 mascaras in my drawer and this is by far the best!! I love this! It provides beautiful long lashes and separates. It is the only mascara I have tried that holds a curl all day/night - without even using an eye curl.. It doesn't smudge or flake and I love that my lashes doesn't feel stiff. If I wear it on top of the Dior Maximizer, wow! - stunning long lashes and perfect volume. I have tried to buy alternatives to this mascara because it is somewhat pricey, but they're all a big disappointment compared to this one! I have wasted so much money trying to find anything similar, but now I realized that I just gotta go with the one I love and it is worth every penny! HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Yvonax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is amazing if you have short lashes and if you're looking for lenght, definition and curl hold. It really holds the curl like most mascaras can't. I find it does clump a little bit, but nothing major. I actually quite like it as it also adds a bit of volume to my lashes. It layers on really well as well so its perfect if you're looking for that lashy, dramatic look. I find Dior mascaras to be slightly more waxy than other brands which I love, as they allow you to take your natural day lash look to dramatic lash look for the night in a second. I've gone through load of lenghtening high end mascaras and this one is my absolute favourite so far. I actually feel like it makes a difference to my lashes and is worth the 32 euro it costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by sheenabeena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's not that I wouldn't buy this again, it is just that I didn't get addicted to it enough to continually go back to this brand. It is a great mascara and my personal favorite in the Dior line.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by louwee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is highly recommended for those who just wants a VERY natural no-make-up look. It is the best lengthening mascara for women with medium to long lashes and a great eye-opener. I don't recommend it on shorter lashes because the coverage is very light. I first tried the sample/travel size and loved how it made my eyes open. so I purchased the real thing straight after.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Darinka91

I have found true mascara love. Finally! This mascara took me from literally using ten mascara to just using one. I use to pile on the mascaras to archive dramatic, thick, long, look-at-me lashes, with this I just use one and I get the look I love. I love the brush it works perfectly for me. It's not wet, but not too dry, and the black is really black. I say price tag is worth it. I won't ever let this baby go. It has become my new addiction. It is my best advice that if you want amazing lashes to try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by marijean

I should start out by saying that I already have a HG mascara: that old standby, Diorshow. I ended up with Diorshow Iconic last month, however, when I ran out of my normal mascara in Tokyo and (after an ill-advised experiment with a disgusting drugstore mascara) broke down and went to the Dior counter there. To my horror, the saleswoman told me that they didn't carry regular Diorshow anymore--only Iconic. Resigned, I put the 4,300 yen tube on my credit card and took it home.

Iconic feels like a very different formula from regular Diorshow. It's slightly wetter and produces a more toned-down effect, at least on my lashes. When I first saw the wand I thought I would hate it, but it lays the formula on evenly and without clumps. Notably, it produces and holds a curl very well--something the original Diorshow is terrible at. I assume this is why they've decided to market Iconic in Tokyo and not the original.

This is a very good mascara for daytime professional situations. As long as you stop yourself at one or two coats, it creates a refined-looking lashline with no clumps and no smudging. It gives length and definition without tacky spidery-ness. However, it lacks the drama of regular Diorshow on my lashes, which are already long and have a natural curl but need definition and volume.

PROS: Creates and holds a slight curl, no clumps, layers well, smooth and elegant formula you would expect from a Dior product
CONS: Just doesn't produce the drama I'm used to from Diorshow--in particular, doesn't volumize as much

TAKEAWAY: This is a great alternative to original Diorshow if you need something that will hold a curl. My lashes don't need that, but I'll probably keep a tube on hand anyway because it's practically smudge-proof with my eye cream and creates a nice, classy conservative look for those days I'm the only woman in a meeting with a bunch of old men.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed with this product because blackout was so much better and I was giving iconic a chance. It doesn't volumize as much, but it does separate all the eyelashes. It's supposed to give your eyelashes a natural curl, but it didn't do my eyelashes the justice. Not the best mascara, but not the worst.