April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A tiny amount of this is all you need. I like how silky it makes skin feel and how smoothly makeup goes on after. Shine control isn't bad but not outstanding either. I can see why some people describe it as feeling 'greasy' but I wouldn't say it's greasy at all just extremely silky and you really don't need a lot of product. I would recommend because foundation goes on so smoothly afterwards but if you're looking for shine control this may not be adequate.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Jasminetan87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer was kind of costly.It cause me almost 80 SGD for a small bottle.Wanted to love this product badly , however it didn't work for me.
Firstly ,the product took ages to dry on my skin ( Wouldn't be a product to use if you are in a hurry).After continuously using for a week i started to see clog pores, soon after pimples with pus started appearing.

Threw this product into the trash and didn't want to give it a 2nd chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sheilsthedeal

I love this primer for face and eyes, it leaves skin feeling silky and makeup stays put all day! Or night!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 More reviews by audmac

Tried a sample of this and was not impressed. My makeup did not last anywhere near as long as it usually does with my regular primer- by about 3 pm I noticed my makeup had worn off in areas and my pores were visible again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It says oil-free which is good and I'm hoping it is because this felt greasy as and it didn't even act as a very good base as My make-up wore off anyway - this was way expensive and not even worth the money.
Even though it made my skin feel silky and made my make up glide on -
Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by janineee

This product overall is amazing to put your make up on with as it does not clump the make up and makes the foundation application overall smooth. I do agree that it makes your make up last longer especially when you are required to go to work or party. But the only problem is, is that it is very expensive. I would repurchase due to its ability to make my make up application easier and last longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by dlora1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Review/Comparison here

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Euniqued

I bought this product to use with the Teint Idole Ultra 24, and love this much more than I loved the foundation!
It gave a wonderfully airbrushed finish, my pores disappeared (albeit temporarily) and my foundation lasted a lot longer with it on.

It does have a "primer" feel to it, although I guess that's to be expected with any primer in general, and as a result I'd only use it around my nose where my pores are largest, possibly only on special occasions or when my pores look particularly big.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by mandeelui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes it was expensive, but lasts quite a while. 1 pump of this primer is more than enough for the face. It does leave the surface of the face amazingly smooth. Short term, it's brilliant for applying and keeping the make-up on for an extended period of time; Long term, not so good for the skin as the silicone base only smooths the face by filling up uneven bits on the face, in turn slowly suffocating it.

I only ever wear full makeup when I go out or a presentation or to do, so this base works fine, but I probably wouldn't use it on a daily basis simply because of how artificial it feels, and the thought of my poor skin being suffocated every time I use this as a primer puts it off a bit.

Also, this pump applicator isn't so great either, when it runs low it pump just gives up, but I unscrewed the whole thing and scooped the rest out and there was A LOT left on the inside, it filled 1 TheBodyShop sample pot, which probably is another 15 pumps, possibly a 4 worth of product in it. For those of you who chuck the bottle in the bin when the pump stops pumping you're probably chucking away a good proportion of your money, spend 5minutes and scoop the rest into a little pot..

It is a good primer in a sense it does it job well, but am not sure if I will buy it again as it is 1) pricey and 2) personally I feel it prevents my skin from breathing each time I use it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Sugarplum1951

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this primer for the first time today. I found all of the advertised claims to be true! My liquid foundation GLIDED on over this primer! I think I will save a lot on foundation because I think I only have to use about a third of the amount of foundation with this primer than I usually use. I used a light dusting of colorless translucent powder to set my foundation, as I always do. My face feels soft and smooth and my makeup has stayed beautifully throughout the day, but for my nose, which I touched up with a little translucent powder only once.

I am 60 years old and have sensitive combination skin.

Great product!