October 22, 2014 | 1897 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by FrogPrincess1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This actually made my foundation last! I've used Smash Box primer in the past and it did nothing to make my foundation last. La Base made blending easy and my foundation last an entire Christmas party. I swore off primer because of Smash Box's but tried La Base Pro when I received a sample. I am happy that I did because I have found something that keeps my foundation on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Really? I'm very surprised at the reviews.
I recieved this as a little sample? maybe even deluxe sample from sephora and was super excited to try it. I'm a big lancome mascara and eyeshadow lover. The primer is clear and goes on clear. It's very liquidy and goes on very light. You won't even notice that it's on your face. But, as a primer, it disappointed me. I wanted it to just keep my foundation on, and no touch ups. But it didn't make a difference if there was la base pro or not. Still needed to touch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousRed

Well out of all of the primers I've used--and I've spent LOTS of money trying to fill in my HUGE pores--this stuff is pretty damned good!
$45 for 0.8 fl oz--pretty good sized bottle plus you get a nice little happy bag with free mascara, lipstick, high resolution eye cream and eye makeup remover.
It's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by underage

I normally don't write reviews after trying a product once but I love this primer! I like how it doesn't feel greasy and silicone like. It's a much different formula than Smashbox or the Hard Candy one I normally use. I put my makeup on at 7:00am today and it's now 7PM and it looks perfect. I'm not sure about the price or packaging as I only got a sample of this. I think I'm going to purchase the fill size once I finish the sample. My skin is combination. I get a little oily in the T zone during the day usually but not at all today!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by leahoii

Tried a sample, after applying it to the face, I felt uncomfortable. The smell was chemical, the smoothing effect was fake.. and it can't control oil. Never ever gonna try this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this at Sephora. Initially I was delighted by this primer: my pores disappeared, skin smoothed out, silky feeling, foundation went on like a dream.... 3 hours later I looked in the mirror and almost fainted - my face was wrinkled and foundation was coming off in patches. I used the same moisturizer as always and the same foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere), so obviously it's the primer to blame. I will not buy this stuff ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I have this in GWP size, a 100 point perk from Sephora. While it is better than some of the drugstore primers I have tried in terms of not drying my skin out over time or becoming a grease shiney face by the end of the day, I can't say it's worth the cost to purchase. It seems to be very similar, if a little less sillicone-y feeling, to my Cinema Secrets primer. Yes, the makeup keeps on my face, but it does that with other primers too. Nothing too special in my opinion, although I can't say anything negative about it. But if you are going to charge that much, your product needs to do more than the rest.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by tdhx0

I could hear my skin gasping for air after I was wearing it for the first hour. Stay very far away from this product if you have oily skin. I have normal skin and rarely have any type of break outs. This primer made me break out so badly. It was a nightmare. Definitely ask for a sample before purchasing to make sure you don't have a bad reaction to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by soapinha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading various decent reviews of this product, I decided to by it when I was in need of a new primer.

It glides on extremely smoothly, and makes my skin feel very silky and soft - and at first, does seem to make my pores appear smaller, which is an important function of a primer for me, as I have very large pores, particularly on my nose.

I use this primer under my foundation, and I have noticed a difference when it comes to my make-up staying on and how quickly my skin seems to get oily. I wouldn't necessarily say this primer is a miracle worker, but it does make enough difference for me to consider buying it again.

Overall, I would recommend this primer to a person with combination to oily skin, but perhaps not extremely oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ReneeinSydney

This is by far my favourite Primer.
I have combination oily skin and for over 5 years I have been battling to find a primer that will for at least 3-4 hours keep me oil free but I always find that by lunch time I am reaching for a blotting paper/tissue to blot up my T-Zone.
La Base by Lancome leaves my skin oil free all day, it really is the perfect primer for me. I use it with oil-free liquid foundation- Double Wear Light by Estee Lauder followed by a light setting powder /or on days where I don't want to wear make up I put on some of the La Base by itself over my moisturiser and my face stays Matte all day.
It really is quite expensive for the size,but one little squirt is all you need.
What i will say is be very careful with the bottle, it is made of glass and I have broken two so far! Very heart-breaking!!