August 27, 2014 | 1973 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by habana

This is the first brow powder I've ever used and I love it! Much more natural looking than the eyebrow pencils I had used for years. I like that there is a darker shade to use where my eyebrows are sparse and a lighter shade to use where my eyebrows are more dense. Good quality and the color lasts. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the price, as it's very expensive. I am very happy with the product though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Rocio918

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I had been using Benefit's Brow's a Go Go for about a year and although I was OK with the results, I felt that the powder as well as the gel had too much of a red tone to it that made my eyebrows look too harsh for my complexion. However, I am so glad I found this product, I have dark brown hair and the medium ash suits me perfectly. Absolutely LOVE with the natural looking finish!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by nono1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the whole brow kit, powder does the job! But the brush it came with wasn't as good, the spooly end fell off...packaging is a little difficult I had to force mine open a couple times and scraped the shadows. Very expensive, I think I'll stick with a cheaper brow pencil...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by TGonz

I just bought this product (well, sort of, I bought the whole kit with the eyebrow powder, the 'highlighting eyeshadows,' the wax, the brush, and the stencils).

I was running out of my favorite Wet 'n Wild Brow Essentials kit. So, I decided to buy this. I went to a little Sephora in Vancouver, so this is all they had, really. Well, I could have gotten the pencil, but they only had it in blonde. :( I have really, really, really dark brown hair (almost black). So, blonde won't work for me.

Anyway, it's okay. It was too expensive $39! Is it worth it? If you're a beginner, maybe (there's stencils that can help you form your brows). If not, there are better brow kits out there.

Would I buy it again? Mmmm, maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Using this brow powder made me realise just how different my brows could look - dipping my brush back and forth between the two shades a couple of times, then lightly running the brush thorough the hairs provides a perfectly sculpted, smooth finish. I use the shade brunette, and can tell that this one compact will last forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by bubblewarped

Somehow I got by all this time doubling dark matte eyeshadow as brow powder, which worked okay for the most part, but it turns out using an actual brow powder makes a world of difference! Though painfully pricey, I now refuse to live life without this product. It is absolutely worth the $22 to spare me the headache of painstaking, time-consuming eyebrow tomfoolery. It now takes me half the time I spent messing around with pencils/shadow to achieve flawless, longer-lasting brows.

The pressed powder is very fine, very pigmented, and velvety rather than silky; the plush particles disperse evenly and sink right in with my sparse brow hairs without streaking. I can effortlessly blend/feather out the pigment and instantly amp my skimpy, uneven brows into the full, bold ones I wish were in my genes without completely overwhelming my natural shape/texture. That's also why I chose the "Ebony" duo. I think a lot of people use brow powder to fill in and even out what they've got, but I love stronger "runway" brows that require darkening and defining with a balanced hand. My natural brows may be wimpy but my hair is nearly black, so I found "Brunette" a touch too warm and, well, too brunette for bolder application -- though a beautiful set for a softer look. I just really am partial to strong, edgy brows. The colors in "Ebony" are especially good for dark-haired women of color; the darker powder is not too black, not too brown, no hints of red, great for definition, and the lighter shade is perfectly neutral, slightly taupey and beautifully build-able.

I'm relatively pale and the darker shades aren't too overwhelming on my face, in the mirror or in photos. Lasts all day and even overnight with or without setting powder (I don't bother with wax and have a super oily T-zone). Also a big fan of the adorable little case. Will keep buying over and over again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by MlizK

Perfect. I have medium ash. Buy a color lighter than you think you will need. My eyebrows are black, but I have light skin and brown hair. I'd recommend finding an Anastasia rep to help you out the first time. They're extremely well trained. My powder has lasted me about a year and I use it every day. Stays on my oily face all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing product that beats the eye brow pencils. It fills in your brows without being too harsh on the lines. It looks really natural. When I want to especially define my brows, I use MAC lingering pencil to outline after this product and Maybelline Clear Mascara as a brow gel. Amazing results!

While expensive for a compact, this product should last me several year. You only need a bit. Do not purchase the expensive brow brush from this brand. Just buy any cheap set that comes with a sharp angled brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by marielnoyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used the colour medium ash, and it lives up to its name, it makes my whole face look "ashy".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this duo in Ash Blonde/Taupe. It is my HG brow powder. My brow hairs are crazy long but very sparsely populated. If I was stranded on a deserted island and could have one makeup item only..... this. That's a pretty powerful statement but it is perfect and like another reviewer said, brows make or break your face. (Honestly I see women with beautiful makeup but wrong brow color all. the. time.) This is the single most important piece of makeup I wear.

I like it as much as I do because as I am sure many of you know, it is HARD to find a brow product that is a natural ash or taupe color. My skin tone is very cool, very pink, and anything that's the least bit orange or red toned clashes horribly. A few other ash brow products I have used have been this awful unnatural greenish mustardish color.. better than orange or red on me lol but still hideous in its own way. This is so natural. It's versatile as well; my hair has been very pale blonde up to dark brown. Because there are two shades in it, you have some versatility there, and it also builds/layers well. Currently I prefer the right side (darker color) applied with a light hand - I have to consciously be sure to do this or it's too bold because this stuff is very pigmented. It could suit people with nearly black hair if applied heavier. The left side (lighter color) suited my pale blonde. I use the Benefit Hard Angle brush to apply this. (Got it when I tried BrowZings which I didn't like but the brush is perfect width and firmness.)

It is expensive compared to cheaper drugstore stuff but ladies I beg you, set out a lemonade stand, pick up pop bottles lol, do whatever but this is not the place to skimp. When you consider how long it lasts, due to it being so densely packed and so pigmented, it's actually cheaper for me than my cheap ds pencils I went through in a couple months. I have had this for at least a year and a half and only a tiny bit of pan is showing on one side. That is daily use.

History: Used to be a pencil only girl; thought it was easiest way to apply. I was wrong, this powder + Benefit hard angle brush is much faster & looks much more natural.