April 20, 2014 | 1956 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

lolwut at the review below that goes on about chemicals in makeup remover? If you think there are less chemicals in makeup than a simple eye makeup remover, geez, get over it. Or your parents. How ridiculous.

I love this mascara, it is better for volumizing than its Blinc cousin but I dislike that it comes in black only, I prefer a medium brown as my eyelashes are naturally clear, heh. So, I still buy Blinc and cry at the cost every time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Darling17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to put this mascara all the time when I bought it first time then I don't know what happened but it didn't look any good on me after I purchased it for the second time. First time I bought it (when it got out), it was great. It added length and the lashes seemed thicker. The second time when I bought it, it smelled awfully. It did add the length but not the extra volume. I just don't understand why. Did they change it somehow??
It's great that you can remove it with warm water and that it doesn't smudge. Also it really adds length. So I guess it's fine if you have thick lashes...
I discovered other mascaras that are better so the ''no-smudge'' thing is not good enough for me to convince to purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by jwong32

At first I really liked this product and I used it religiously for 6 months, but despite the pros of the product I felt like there were better mascaras out there.

Pros:
-doesn't smudge under the eyes
-really easy to wash off
-adds length

Cons:
-The second tube I bought had a really strong chemical smell that was pretty off putting and made me stop using it. I can't remember the smell being that strong with the first tube I used but I'm not sure.
-Despite lengthening my lashes, it didn't really hold a curl well and had a tendency to clump on my lashes.

I think this is a solid product and would work really well for some people, but it just wasn't HG for me so I moved on to other mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tubing mascaras make me a little nervous, because I'm never quite sure if it's my actual lashes coming off during removal or just the tubes. With that being said, I remember using this mascara a few years ago with success.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by serena8

Weighs down my lashes terribly, even after I curl them. I use them only on my bottom lashes for this reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Jasmin629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only mascara that doesn't smudge on my eyes. I have monolids so it's hard to choose a mascara for puffy eyelids. I've tried so many mascaras, from drugstore to high end but those mascaras smudge on me like crazy! I usually look like a panda after applying mascara. But this mascara was different. It stays for so many hours and i doesn't smudge at all! One day i was so tired and i slept without removing my make up. And guess what, in the next morning the mascara wasn't smudges on my under eye area. Also it's very easy to remove it, you don't need any make up removers just warm warm and cotton pad is all you will need to remove this. It makes my lashes look longer but it doesn't make them look thick but it's okay for me. I definitely recommend this to girls who have problems with mascara smudging.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by arianazomg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so here's the deal. If you want a mascara that will deliver long lashes without flaking or smudging, do yourself a favor and go out and buy this gem. I have been buying this product for the past 2 years and it has yet to fail me. It creates a fake lashes look, which is something that I adore. Word of advice: When removing this mascara, you must use warm water. Soak your face (or eyes) with warm water for about 30 seconds and viola! It will literally come off like butter. Oh, and when applying this mascara, do not wait for the primer (the white side) to dry!! Must apply the mascara immediately after to get the best results.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by heidishiu

If you suffer from mascara raccoon eyes problem, you GOTTA give this a try! I have oily skin, been battle with the mascara smudging issue for years, tried many many brands of mascara, nothing come close to solving the problem. Mascara usually all under my eye after maybe 30 mins or so. Which doesn't help especially i ALREADY have dark circles. Every time i use mascara, a few hours later someone will tell me to "get more sleep" and i look "so tired". To that point that i gave up using mascara entirely. Recently i came across a blog post from a lady who experienced the exact problem i have, and she highly recommend this L'Oreal Beauty Tubes, I was skeptical at first, but after one try, i know my life is changed! It stayed on ALL day, no smudge, no raccoon eyes, no nothing. Not to mentions it extended the length of my lashes at least 1/3! This stuff is amazing! I highly recommend this to ladies who have the same smudging issue i had, this stuff is god send for us!

One reminder, this stuff dry very quickly, especially the primer. One it dries, it is very difficult to put the mascara on. I suggest you to do one eye at a time. Put primer on one eye, immediately put the mascara on top of it. Then do the other side. If you put primer on both side and slowly put mascara on, the other side will all dry up and the mascara will become clumpy. So the trip is, apply one by one, and do it quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by kmg85

Hands down, the best mascara I have ever tried! I wish they sold the white primer separately however, because my favourite mascara to put on top is a cheapy by NYC Skyrise! I am not the biggest fan of the black mascara on the other end though...but it's still good.

This mascara washes off like a dream as well...I just hold a cotton pad with eye makeup remover on it over my lashes for about 15 seconds then I swipe down...the mascara comes off in little tubes! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Isabellaqi

Oh my goodness. I love this mascara!!! As a girl still going to school, I'm not allowed to wear makeup because of the chemicals in makeup remover (and you need to take all of it off). I usually just wear makeup for play and shows, but my friend bought me this after raving about it at school. I love it and will never stop wearing it. It makes my lashes (and others because my friends tried it) extremely long (and I'm asian). Because I'm asian, it made my friends lashes look way better than mine, but this is still the best for me. I never use makeup remover, an I'm allowed to wear this every day. In the shower or using some soaking wet tissues, I wet my eyes and before pulling the strands/tubes off, I let them get soaked first to let them come off easily. Then I gently pull them off and it's so easy. My lashes are so soft and the threads are so soft and squishy. I love this and will never turn back!!!!!!!!!! I strongly recommend this for anyone who doesn't wear anything but mascara. My lashes are longer than normal asian lashes thanks to my constant routine of putting Vaseline on with a mascara wand every night and morning. Since I've been doing this routine for a while and I curl my lashes with eye covers, my lashes are amazing with this mascara. The primer thickens considerably. Another thing is that this is great for travel because there's no makeup remover for planes. This is water resistant, so rain won't smudge this. In fact, this mascara practically CAN'T SMUDGE AND CAN'T FLAKE!!!!!! It's amazing. I made all my friends try this because their parents can't be mad (no makeup remover and most wear makeup anyways) and some have extreme lashes (dentists ask if they're wearing fake eyelashes) and some have short lashes(blonde and short so you can't see them). They all loved it so much and were raving about how it came off easily at night, curled their lashes so much without using a curler, and how it was amazing at lengthening!!!!!!! Buy this if you have a few extra dollar!