December 21, 2014 | 959 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used to be a die-hard Blinc Mascara fan because tubing mascara is the only thing that works for my watery eyes. I have been using this mascara on and off for the past year and I've come to the conclusion that it is far superior to Blinc Mascara. I never use the white side and to be honest, I don't even know what it's purpose is. But the mascara is awesome! It gives more length and far more volume than Blinc. I constantly get compliments on my eyelashes. This mascara doesn't run, flake, smear or itch. I have very sensitive eyes and this is the only mascara that doesn't make them itchy. This is my HG mascara, so I will definitely repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by sanae09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara for 3 important reasons.

1) So super easy to remove = just with warm water
2) Never smudge = I'm a "single eyelid type" of a gal
3) Natural look = lengthens = exactly what I look for

1) I've been using this kind of easy to remove mascara for over a decade, and I love it. Having one less step makes me happier at the end of the day. It is gentle to my lashes also. When I used mascaras that required separate cleansing agents, my lashes were horrible: short, sparse, and sad. Now it's all healthy.

2) Doesn't smudge ever. Oh and I wear contacts too! But If my eyes get too teary for too long, long strand of black fibers may come off here and there.

3) I am not big fan of too curly nor volume-y lashes. So if volume is in your most priority, this is not the one for you. If you love mascaras that can keep man-made curls all day, then I wouldn't know if this can do the trick.

Lastly, I RARELY use the primer. I don't wake up early enough for that;) I'd rather have extra minute in bed!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Kate1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product i feel clumps up with or with out conditioner. I hate this product for 2 reasons it BURNS my eyes and its not PETA approved meaning it tested on innocent bunnies that lose their eye sight because of this crap! NO hate this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by AlyCat29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara never smudges or flakes. It adds amazing length, with or without the primer. It comes off very easily with water. I find it does a decent job of volumizing, but I love layering it with L'oreal's other volumizing mascaras (millionize, butterfly, etc.). I recently rediscovered this when I was looking through my collection and was impressed all over again with the result. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

I've been buying this since L'Oreal released it for sale. I will always buy it. It does not smudge, flake, or run, period. I apply the primer to both eyes, than mascara. I go back to the first eye for the second coat, to let the 1st coat set, but not dry in between. My features are smaller, so I always had a problem with larger mascara wands (including this one) depositing random dots of mascara in unwanted locations near my eye, but I've fixed that by blotting the end of the mascara wand on a paper towel before I apply it. Also this primer works better than any of the expensive ones I've tried, excepting Tart. Try it with BE Lash Domination.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by gore_gore_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best mascara! Lasts all day and does not smudge. I've went to bed a few times with this mascara on, and when I woke up the next day my lashes looked just as good as when I applied it. The best part about this product is how easily it comes off. I've always been really gentle with the skin around my eyes (trying to avoid the crows feet for as long as possible!) and this mascara requires absolutely no rubbing, you can just pull off the "tubes" once wet.
One application tip: Don't use too much of the white primer, and make sure to coat both the tops and bottoms of your upper and lower lashes. The white primer will show through if you use too much or don't coat your lashes with the mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by redondobabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does all the things other reviews have already mentioned: DOESN'T SMUDGE. LASTS ALL DAY. COMES OFF CLEAN. l'oreal beauty tubes FTW.
Gave up my expensive Blinc addiction for this drugstore HG. It is exactly how I like my makeup to be: 1. longlasting, 2. fix it and forget it. 3. quick to apply. 4. worth the expense. I don't mind paying a premium for good quality stuff, but this one does the job for waaaay less.
If you like "tubing" mascara, do yourself a favor and try this before you buy your next expensive tube of mascara. It may be just what you were looking for, at $20/$30 savings.
On a practical note, the primer sucks. Skip it. if I do use it for special occasions, I make sure to put the regular mascara on right after (don't wait for it to dry) and make sure to apply the black mascara on the top surface of your lashes as well. If you forget, it will look white when you close your eyes. Totally weird. Make sure to curl your lashes before using this, and don't expect a ton of volume, just length.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

The only tubing mascara I've tried before this was Clinique lash power (difficult to remove in comparison+ less length/volume than Loreal's). This L'oreal one is better for aforementioned reasons+price. Best drugstore mascara (having tried nearly everything except Almay and a couple of Maybelline ones) is Essence I love extreme volume mascara (pink tube). The best though there is a trick to using it. It isn't foolproof but I've been through 5-6 tubes so far. That one is tough to take off, though. That's where this L'oreal one triumphs. I have on occasion gone to sleep with it and woken up with perfectly intact lashes. It doesn't irritate my eyes because no flaking. Two bad points- very very stupid idea to make primer freakin WHITE!!! It takes up all my time trying to cover that up with the dark side and STILL i am left with greyish tinge. I cover that up with my Essence or Bourjois ones. Also clumps easily. Terrible wand brushes (both sides)!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dry. Clumps. Flaky. Yeah, those terms pretty much sum it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Kittens88

I have always been interested in this mascara but have been frightened off by the whole primer business. I have used two mascaras with the primer end and have been disappointed...And so the disappointment continues.

Due to this hesitation of the primer and the price tag of $18.00CDN, I was not running out to buy this mascara. However a recent trip to Singapore changed my mind. I was in transit in Beijing waiting for my connecting flight and I decided to check out Duty Free. There was a large L'Oreal stand and this item was being promoted. With the conversion of the dollars I paid around $7.00USD. And I swear it is a larger tube too. So why not?

I purchased the Black shade as it was the only one available.

When I travel I tend to forgo makeup until the last hour or so before the flight lands. Especially when I am travelling for 27 hours straight (and as a Flight Attendant wearing makeup in an airplane for a long time is just a pain to constantly touch up. It gets gross and melty very quickly). So I had a bare canvas for my new mascara.

So one hour before touchdown! I apply my face and am ready to try the new mascara. I opened the primer and found it to be a good, thick consistency. The brush was decent with small bristles. It applied nicely to the lashes and seemed to make them look lush.

I waited for about 5 minutes to let the primer dry before applying the mascara. I find if I don't let it dry my lashes turn grey. The brush and consistency is were similar to the primer end.

After applying it I must say I had a better effect from the primer. I found the mascara didn't apply nicely on top of the primer. It was hard actually to get it onto the lashes. My lashes became spidery and just unattractive. And of course, they went grey.

There was no volume or length. Just ugly, spidery, dry, flakey and grey lashes.

However, I did experiment the next day and just used the mascara end and did have some length added onto my lashes. But a few hours later I noticed flakey and dry lashes.

The best part of this mascara though? Washing it off. The 'tubes' that come off are just too much fun.

Overall this mascara is a mega, "Whomp whomp" for me.