Estee Lauder Sumptuous

Water, Stearic Acid, Carnauba Wax, Polyisobutene, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Silica, Isostearic Acid, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olive Oil, Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Pantethine, Polyamide 6, Kaolin, Capryl Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hexylene Glycol, Simethicone, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Iron Oxide, Manganese Violet, Chromium Oxide Green, Titanium Dioxide, Prussian Blue, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl Acetate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, VP / Eicosene Copolymer, Panthenol.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I received a free sample with the primer on one side and the mascara on the other. Love them both!!!

I'm not a mascara person because I have sparse and short lashes and I dislike the "spider legs" or clumpy effects, Then I tried this today. Oh my. I never buy backup products but I seriously may this time.

Why I love this:
- It actually does what it says. It lifts your lashes and volumizes them so much.
- Very waterproof. Lasts all day.
- No funny clumps. Yes the brush is quite large so don't be too heavy-handed in application. I usually apply around two light coats.
- It makes my lashes look so natural, as if I have not worn mascara.
- Very buildable. You can achieve a dramatic eye with this without having messed up/dirty lashes all over.

Verdict: HG!

This gave my eyelashes nice definition and length- check pictures mine has Lyra16 on it. (: That's how happy I was with this product and I had to show my results.
This is more on the wet side of a mascara. This has not flaked on me, just one or two little flakes while brushing out the mascara. When I finish applying I am worry-free. Since this is wet enough to move around I can easily remove any clumps which can happen if applied too heavily. I always brush through my lashes as this creates a nice fuller look. I use a soft touch when applying this mascara and I can usually avoid applying too much and producing any clumps by doing so. Takes not time at all to avoid this. This holds a curl and feels so weightless. This does not irritate my eyes like many mascaras have, especially by the end of the day. The lasting power is great. Overall, I am really impressed. I received this as a sample and will definitely repurchase (:
**Update** I repurchased in Brown. Upon opening it is noticeably bright brown, so I thought it would appear so on my eyelashes which I did not want. The result is very dark (but not "black") eyelashes so it looks believable! I highly recommend the brown if you want your eyelashes to look believably long, defined, darker, and thicker. It is so nice to have finally found my perfect mascara.

This mascara is amazing. I got this as a free sample so unfortunately, I don't know the price. When applied correctly, this mascara gives me feathery lashes that are full and very long. Only a few coats are needed for this mascara to lengthen my lashes. So far, this would be my HG mascara (until I find another one that even more amazing).

I could not get past the acetone smell to even try this mascara. I took it back, but the lady said that is the way it's supposed to smell. She let me smell another tube of the same mascara, and it smelled bad too. I say don't bother. It appears to have clumps on the wand as well, and those would end up on your lashes, or worse, in your eye. I'm a fan of Estee Lauder products, but this one is not up to par.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

With all the money I blindly threw on this one, I desperately and stubbornly kept hoping this was a good mascara until one of those gigantic clumps entered into my left eye...
Mascara-wise, the masterpiece from Estee Lauder brand is the Double Wear: glossy, easy, not clumpy, incredibly long lasting.
I really hoped Sumptuous would be as good as Double Wear, only a bit more dramatic and volumizing, but no, all I got from this tube is clumps and more clumps. Even if I make a great prepping work (scooping the wand on the rims of the tube, applying with the lightest hand and then wiggling like a maniac to avoid lashes from gruping into five gigantic clumps) the result is not what I wish for in mascara.
Of course mascara is one of those products where you really need to try on yourself rather than trusting other users' opinion, but if you happen to love Double Wear, do not waste your time on this one.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This mascara is amazing and horrible all at the same time. First the good...I'm shocked that this mascara actually stays on my eye lashes all day without being a tubing or waterproof mascara because usually I have major issues with smudging and flaking. I have the sample size so I don't know if the formula is a little different than the full size as some other reviewers have noted but just the fact this mascara gives me dark lashes that last all day and aren't weighed down is great. Now for the bad...my lashes clump together so it ends up looking like I have 6 really fat large eye lashes. Not a good look. I might use up the sample but I'm not going to purchase this.

Very dramatic lashes with good separation, don't apply too many coats. The brush is big so you need to be careful with it.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for a long time and I absolutely love it! I prefer this over the Clinique mascara I used to use. This has a rich black colour which is great! I think it's easy to apply with a bit of practice and I don't experience clumping or flaking. It doesn't lengthen my lashes majorly but I like the way it keeps them looking naturally long

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This has been my HG mascara for several months if not longer. I have very sensitive/dry eyes due to ocular rosacea so it's very hard to find a mascara that doesn't irritate. This one does not bother my eyes at all and I can remove it with my Clinique TTDO Balm easliy. My lashes are naturally blonde and sparse but this lengthens and thickens without getting clumpy or looking heavy. Great stuff!

Popular Mascaras