January 29, 2015 | 1721 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

This mascara is amazing and horrible all at the same time. First the good...I'm shocked that this mascara actually stays on my eye lashes all day without being a tubing or waterproof mascara because usually I have major issues with smudging and flaking. I have the sample size so I don't know if the formula is a little different than the full size as some other reviewers have noted but just the fact this mascara gives me dark lashes that last all day and aren't weighed down is great. Now for the bad...my lashes clump together so it ends up looking like I have 6 really fat large eye lashes. Not a good look. I might use up the sample but I'm not going to purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by LianH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very dramatic lashes with good separation, don't apply too many coats. The brush is big so you need to be careful with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by poching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a long time and I absolutely love it! I prefer this over the Clinique mascara I used to use. This has a rich black colour which is great! I think it's easy to apply with a bit of practice and I don't experience clumping or flaking. It doesn't lengthen my lashes majorly but I like the way it keeps them looking naturally long

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been my HG mascara for several months if not longer. I have very sensitive/dry eyes due to ocular rosacea so it's very hard to find a mascara that doesn't irritate. This one does not bother my eyes at all and I can remove it with my Clinique TTDO Balm easliy. My lashes are naturally blonde and sparse but this lengthens and thickens without getting clumpy or looking heavy. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara. Intense color, i like the brush. I find it to be somewhat hard to build up though. It seems to stick a little when you try and apply a second coat. However keep in mind, I also suck at applying mascara...even though ive been wearing it for over a decade :) Overall this is a good mascara. Pricey yes but good none the less.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail mascara! Always get compliments when I have this on. I use it with the primer and it really does add volume and lift. I do think the primer conditions my lashes as they are separating more than before as if they were to weak under the weight of the mascara and would fall over onto the next lash. Not any more and I only put on about two coats with no fall out,or smudging unlike Gorgio Armani Eyes to Kill. What a crazy idea that people put up with that for the price...go figure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I like how black it goes on, considering all the watered-down greyish-black mascaras out there. The brush is also good cuz you paint the inner lashes in one go, rather than having to painstakingly work it in. Other than that, contrary to the reviews saying it separates lashes well, i find it makes them stick together in spikes. It can be built up to be dramatic, but not in a nice way. BTW i have naturally curly lashes, and this takes the curl out of them, even in one light coat. I can get a better effect from other mascaras, be they cheap or pricey. I spent a couple of weeks using this but it's just not good. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by erdeva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck. I was bitterly disappointed with this mascara. My lashes clumped together and to the side! (on initial application they were facing forward but at the end of the day they face clump to the side!).
There was no curl holding/creating ability. They just felt disgusting at the end of the day. There was absolutly no wow factor to my lashes. No length or volume added.

The only positive is that this is a rich black. Otherwise this is delivers less than even a cheapie drug store mascara.

I purchased this due to the rave reviews on here- not impressed at all. (Maybe I'm using this differently to everyone else?)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by stls

This is my favorite mascara! I still like to try new stuff but in terms of volume, pigmentation, curl it's the best I've found so far! Looks beautiful till you wash it off! (I love this one for nights out, for daytime I prefer more natural lashes)
Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by dropdeaddandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara. I have been using Covergirl Lash Blast for years, but was never impressed with what it did for my lashes, plus it was such a pain to remove. To apply Sunptuous, I ALWAYS take an eyelash curler to each lash for 5-10 seconds before applying. Then I go from the base of my lashes to the top, kind of shaping them as I go. I take about 15 seconds doing my first lash, then move to my other eye, then repeat both eyes to give it two coats. My lashes have never looked this good, they look like an ad for mascara, no lie. I would agree with other commenters that this does more shaping/lengthening/seperating then volumizing. I especially love how it coats my bottom lashes enough to cover up the tiny thin wrinkles under my eyes.