September 18, 2014 | 844 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail mascara! Always get compliments when I have this on. I use it with the primer and it really does add volume and lift. I do think the primer conditions my lashes as they are separating more than before as if they were to weak under the weight of the mascara and would fall over onto the next lash. Not any more and I only put on about two coats with no fall out,or smudging unlike Gorgio Armani Eyes to Kill. What a crazy idea that people put up with that for the price...go figure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I like how black it goes on, considering all the watered-down greyish-black mascaras out there. The brush is also good cuz you paint the inner lashes in one go, rather than having to painstakingly work it in. Other than that, contrary to the reviews saying it separates lashes well, i find it makes them stick together in spikes. It can be built up to be dramatic, but not in a nice way. BTW i have naturally curly lashes, and this takes the curl out of them, even in one light coat. I can get a better effect from other mascaras, be they cheap or pricey. I spent a couple of weeks using this but it's just not good. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by erdeva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck. I was bitterly disappointed with this mascara. My lashes clumped together and to the side! (on initial application they were facing forward but at the end of the day they face clump to the side!).
There was no curl holding/creating ability. They just felt disgusting at the end of the day. There was absolutly no wow factor to my lashes. No length or volume added.

The only positive is that this is a rich black. Otherwise this is delivers less than even a cheapie drug store mascara.

I purchased this due to the rave reviews on here- not impressed at all. (Maybe I'm using this differently to everyone else?)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by stls

This is my favorite mascara! I still like to try new stuff but in terms of volume, pigmentation, curl it's the best I've found so far! Looks beautiful till you wash it off! (I love this one for nights out, for daytime I prefer more natural lashes)
Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by dropdeaddandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara. I have been using Covergirl Lash Blast for years, but was never impressed with what it did for my lashes, plus it was such a pain to remove. To apply Sunptuous, I ALWAYS take an eyelash curler to each lash for 5-10 seconds before applying. Then I go from the base of my lashes to the top, kind of shaping them as I go. I take about 15 seconds doing my first lash, then move to my other eye, then repeat both eyes to give it two coats. My lashes have never looked this good, they look like an ad for mascara, no lie. I would agree with other commenters that this does more shaping/lengthening/seperating then volumizing. I especially love how it coats my bottom lashes enough to cover up the tiny thin wrinkles under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by joanieisverynice

I like this mascara, but my biggest problem is the price. I can get just as good of a mascara at the drugstore. it seems to give more length than volume, and I'd prefer to have volume. the formula is nice and creamy and it applies well, but the brush is a bit long and awkward to me since the bristles go from long to short towards the end of the brush. that being said, it's easy to bend the brush for more comfortable application. I didn't have raccoon eyes at the end of the day, so that's a plus. overall it's a good mascara, but I would not be willing to pay the price Estee Lauder is asking for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Dzing

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The creamy texture of this mascara makes it easy to apply. Most of the time I only need to do 2 coats to get the daytime dramatic look I want. i.e. bold lashes but not overly done. It's one of the better mascaras out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by sheiladee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have been using this mascara for a couple of years, and love love love it. Best I've ever tried - I'm 46. Goes on great, adds volume, lasts all day, doesn't smudge. What more can I say?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by demeter18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A truly great mascara. Always available in stores. When I first bought this, i found it pricey. But after I realized that it was good until the last drop, it was all worth it. I used to dip my former brands in hot water to soften the hardened content because I just didn't use them everyday. Sumptuous is soft, separates perfectly and gives that great natural lift to my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by michellea123

I love this mascara!!! It makes my lashes 10x thicker! And it raises them to my eyebrows! This mascara is amazing, the color, brush, everything! The only problem i see with it is that it can be really clumpy!