Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.8

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 1/24/2012 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Im really torn about this tinted moisturizer. It hasn't made my acne prone skin break out at all and covers up redness quite but it made my face HORRIBLY oily. Within 10 minutes of putting it on, you could probably fry an egg on my face. My face is oily to begin with and this just made it that much worse. I hate that it does that, but I think it would be better for normal to dry skin.

on 1/4/2012 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really like this tinted moisturizer. Only for the fall/winter though only because even though I have oily skin, the cold air and wind dries my face up. If you have OILY SKIN, do NOT use this for the summer. Your face will get so greasy! It doesn't really moisturize that much, but I like how it goes on my face. Feels like really nice, doesn't break me out, and covers lightly! It is a light sheer coverage. I set it with my Philosophy supernatural foundation, which btw is great for summer and winter(IMO). It doesn't smell that bad either. Only thing I didn't like was how little is given for $30. Name brand.. y'know. Overall, it covers nicely for light scars and doesn't look cakey.

on 1/4/2012 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this tinted moisturizer. Coverage is the way I need it and the tone matches my skintone just right. I've noticed also that my skin is not as dry anymore, so it seems the moisturizing function of it is working quite well.

I recommend this product, if you need a light to moderate coverage and extra moisture for your skin.

on 12/17/2011 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this for 50 sing dollars i think, from sephora. and i didnt buy 1 mind you, i bought 2. yes, very very stupid. but i was new to makeup. and sephora just opened in singapore, so i was excited and wasted a 100 bucks, which till thsi day i deeply regret. None of their shades fit me. The SA suggested gettign two colours and mixing them together, and me being a makeup noob dutifully accepted the advice and shelled out the moolah.

I bought this in shades Medium(too dark) and Fair(far too light) to mix. The shade Light wasnt available in Singapore. For reference i'm probably an NC43/44 in MAC, and i wear Bobbi Brown stick foundation in Warm Honey, which matches me pretty well. This line runs pink. I have heavy yellow undertones to my skin(I'm indian). You can imagine the result. Bad Bad oxidation made my face look red/burnt. The texture is weird, the smell even more. And it transfers in hot, humid Singapore. Sigh. So i gave up and gave my mum the shade fair. It was slightly lighter than her skintone, but unfortunately, the pinkness clashed once again with the yellowness in my mum's skintone. So now both rot in my drawer. 100 bucks down the drain. Never will i buy a smashbox face product again. Overpriced bullshit.

I've had this moisturizer in fair for about two weeks and use it daily. I haven't had any breakouts at all -which is awesome, because my skin will use any excuse to break out usually- and I don't find it as oily is some others have experienced. It's got that sheen when it's finished, by i just dust a little HD make up forever on my face and it's great! I don't have to touch it up all day. This combination has been great for me, as most of what I want to cover is just light acne scars, and I prefer to have light imperfections than to look like I have make up on. This is really sped up my morning routine.

I only wish the SPF was higher. In summer I'll have to use something with more sun protection, and i don't know if that will mix together well or not... I will definitely buy again though!

on 11/1/2011 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Overpriced garbage. Salespeople have a way of pushing (read: lying about) certain products... not that I am averse to that, it is their job. But it is myself I am disappointed in. Surely I would have had enough common sense to resist their gift of gab and tempting promises! Yet I bought this. This was a while back, perhaps two years. Hated it instantly. Hate it yet.
It never works. It has a horrible texture, the finish, contrary to the claims, is nowhere near natural, it is greasy, separates into weird patches on your face over the course of the day, oxidizes slightly...and...worst yet: causal agent of horrific, catastrophic breakouts. I am blaming this alone, because I've had it for TWO friggin years... whenever I use this... either that very day, or the next, I break out terribly. It punishes the complexion.
When it's on, it looks awful, I look better with no makeup. When it's off, I realize I have fresh pimples directly due to this.

on 10/13/2011 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My thoughts on this tinted moisturiser always vary, I'm not exactly sure about this but my views are a tad on the higher side of the middle.

Pros
*Lasts all day
*Fair amount of coverage
*moisturising

Cons
*Hard to blend
*Leaves patches
*Greasy
*''Melts'' in hot weather
*Oily skin

If you have dry skin, try this.

on 8/1/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The moisturizer has a great texture to it when first applied. However, the oils with which the product is made, begins to separate in the container, and on hot days, also separates on your face.

on 7/28/2011 3:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I do sit in the sun, however use Alba Botanicals SPF #30 (Per Paula Begouns recommendation) and have just a touch of color. My face color was uneven and I have been on the search for a liquid or gel bronzer since I do not want to use powder in the summer. Went to ULTA and WOW...evened out the skin tone and looks as if I sat in the sun for hours....Love, love, love this and it's SPF15 as a bonus!

Natural looking, no scent and my face is not only smooth and soft there is a glow (not a shimmer) to my skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for my Birthday using my Shoppers Drug Mart points & a bunch of other Smashbox (total $180, lol all for free, just paid tax!) & love the coverage & feels so nice! :)

Top Rated Smashbox Products