November 23, 2014 | 1135 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by OCdiamond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

What is the big deal with this mascara? The formula is thick and goopey. It took forever to dry, and after waiting what felt like several several minutes, I still had transfer onto my lids. I spent more time waiting for it to dry and cleaning the mascara off my lids than actually applying it.
After application, my lashes were left hard, stiff and clumped. Biggest waste of money.

I will stick with my HG mascara Geisha Ink.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

I was very disappointed by this mascara! Love the other mascaras from Dior, but this was just a complete thumbs down! The mascara itself was very wet and seemed to take forever to dry, but above all, it didn't separate my lashes at all and instead left them feeling and looking stiff.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Reika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used every single Dior mascaras, and this one by far is the most disaapointing! It is a very wet mascara. I have to use a lash comb to seperate my lashes when using this mascara, else it gets very clumpy and thick in an ugly way. I don't mind clumpy mascara, as sometimes I find it gives a very doll effect look. But this mascara, what I dislike the most is, it makes my lashes look very brittle and stiff when it dries. It is not any better than the drugstore waterproof mascaras that I have used in the past, which gives a spider leg effect...
Except for the original diorshow (which is close to my HG), I don't have any luck with dior masacras lately. Extase..is another disappointing story..

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by skyjadeshe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I wasn't a fan. I'd heard so many rave reviews about it, but to be totally honest I found it hugely disappointing. It was gloopy and tar-like, and I found that it was messy and tricky to apply. My eyelashes looked dramatic, but they were clumpy and I found that once it dried, it flaked onto my cheeks. I haven't tried it with mascara primer yet, so maybe that's the key. So far I have worn it once and haven't bothered again.

Pretty packaging, and the price wasn't too extreme - though I did find it was a little much for the quality of the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by itsolya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really liked this mascara when I first got it - unfortunately, it dried out super quickly. I never "pump" my mascara and get more product so I feel like it shouldn't have dried out so quickly. I like mascara with a "wetter" consistency, this clumped and felt chunky. I really wanted to like it because I'd heard so many things about it -- but the brush was messy, it was chunky, and while it did give me dramatic lashes at first, it tried out so quickly that I couldn't get any product on my lashes and had to throw it away in a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by sarabella76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Seriously INTENSE black mascara. It's super thick and blackens your lashes. Only drawback is that even my make up remover has trouble removing it b/c it's so thick, so there's always a trace of it left on my eyes. Still a must have for anyone who wants thick black lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Annavr

This product is alright... it does what any mascara would do, I certainly did not notice anything special about it. I did notice that it stings horribly if you get it in your eyes and that if you mistakenly get it on your skin, it will be there all day no matter how hard you scrub. It also is a HUGE effort to remove. In short, the cons and not worth the pros.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by crimrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know about this one. I'm not really sure how I conned myself into buying a $31 (CAN) mascara, but for some reason I was under the impression that Diorshow was awesome, and that Blackout was even awesome-er, because it was supposedly so dramatic.

Well, on me, it is not dramatic, not in the slightest. I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara. Some days I think, wow, it looks good, and others, I think, where is that so-called drama? The consistency is not too watery and not too thick, but somehow, it just never produces much of an effect on me. Granted, it does the job of a mascara - it does produce some length and some volume, but you know, if I wanted "some," I probably could have spent about $25 less. I really just do not think this is worth the hefty pricetag, for such an overwhelmingly average product.

I'll use up my tube (which looks lovely by the way, that must be what $25 of the price went toward), but I don't see myself ever buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Mondenkind

I love, love, love this mascara. It makes my lashes look thick and feathery and the back is very intense.

But I do have a few complaints! The first being that the brush on this is horrible and after awhile it starts to guck up and requires constant cleaning. Another is that this dries out pretty quickly if you're not careful and god help you if you get ANY of this in your eye on accident. It makes your eyes feel like they're on fire - more so than just the usual makeup sting, it's really intensely painful.

Other than that though this is my favorite mascara so far - totally worth the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by sexibaby21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very excited about using this product because i am in love with diorshow and it dissapointed me for those people who love BLACK lashes this 100% do the trick whoever ive learned that that is too harsh for my eyecolor so ill give the products props for that .....one thing i no will anoy people it not only flakes it seamers a bit undereath my eyes if u are a looking for a volumizing curling mascara dont waste your money with this product..........THE ONLY THING I LIKE ABOUT THIS IS IT DOES HAVE BEAUTIFULL PACKAGING