Dior DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

on 3/31/2011 11:05:00 AM

I kinda have teary eyes, so I prefer to use a waterproof mascara. Before this mascara I used Clinique Lash Power Mascara, but I stopped using it because it was flaking too much. Then someone at Douglas (I'm from Holland) adviced me to use this Mascara. She told me that it wouldn't smudge, but it actually does after a few hours.
I do like the fact that it gives my lashes volume and length and that the mascara holds the curl! It's just amazing! If this mascara didn't smudge then this would be the perfect mascara for me!

on 3/30/2011 4:32:00 PM

Not the best and not the worst. Just curl and brush one coat and the result is just a natural look. I use it everyday and people comment on how beautiful my eyes are and not how beautiful my makeup is.

HG Mascara! Makes super black, super thick and super long lashes. Aside from creating the sexiest most buxom lashes ever, it does not budge, smudge or wear off at all. The proof: it has passed the ultimate test, Bikram yoga. If this mascara can last an entire day of work and then totally survive a full bikram yoga class (90min of pouring sweat) then there's nothing else to say - PERFECTION! Will buy again and again. And you should too.

on 2/8/2011 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Ok, mascara is my guilty pleasure and this is the best! However, you can definitely find cheaper alternatives that have a similar result. It's just that you can never go wrong with the Dior Show line. It smells great and even when the bottle is running out, the last little bit will carry you far. Still, its so expensive I can't justify it as my every-day mascara, just the special occasions!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Due to my oily, greasy skin I have to use waterproof mascara so that I don't look like a raccoon/panda hybrid. Up until now I have been riding the glory that is Blinc mascara, BUT I have realized that my lashes had zero volume to them. So I love that Blinc gave me no issues with smudging but the trade off seems to be no volume. What the heck? I mean that seems to be too big of a trade off for me. I naturally have long, volume packed lashes so it kinda upset me how anorexic Blinc mascara would make them look. Enter Dior Show BlackOut waterproof mascara and viola I got my luscious, long, volume packed lashes back!!! It is true the mascara tends to dry out in the tube and when applied it goes on kinda dry and yet it stays moist while on. Kinda weird it does that but it does and I have no issues since it gives me such a wonderful, dramatic all day wear look. So yeah, if you are into the natural look I would look else wear cuz I have been accused of wearing falsies with this mascara. Unlike my top lashes, my bottom lashes are very sparse and still this mascara makes them look lush AND without a single smudge. Happy girl I am :)

on 1/18/2011 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

What is the big deal with this mascara? The formula is thick and goopey. It took forever to dry, and after waiting what felt like several several minutes, I still had transfer onto my lids. I spent more time waiting for it to dry and cleaning the mascara off my lids than actually applying it.
After application, my lashes were left hard, stiff and clumped. Biggest waste of money.

I will stick with my HG mascara Geisha Ink.

on 12/10/2010 6:47:00 PM

I was very disappointed by this mascara! Love the other mascaras from Dior, but this was just a complete thumbs down! The mascara itself was very wet and seemed to take forever to dry, but above all, it didn't separate my lashes at all and instead left them feeling and looking stiff.

on 11/8/2010 1:34:00 AM

I have used every single Dior mascaras, and this one by far is the most disaapointing! It is a very wet mascara. I have to use a lash comb to seperate my lashes when using this mascara, else it gets very clumpy and thick in an ugly way. I don't mind clumpy mascara, as sometimes I find it gives a very doll effect look. But this mascara, what I dislike the most is, it makes my lashes look very brittle and stiff when it dries. It is not any better than the drugstore waterproof mascaras that I have used in the past, which gives a spider leg effect...
Except for the original diorshow (which is close to my HG), I don't have any luck with dior masacras lately. Extase..is another disappointing story..

on 11/3/2010 8:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't a fan. I'd heard so many rave reviews about it, but to be totally honest I found it hugely disappointing. It was gloopy and tar-like, and I found that it was messy and tricky to apply. My eyelashes looked dramatic, but they were clumpy and I found that once it dried, it flaked onto my cheeks. I haven't tried it with mascara primer yet, so maybe that's the key. So far I have worn it once and haven't bothered again.

Pretty packaging, and the price wasn't too extreme - though I did find it was a little much for the quality of the product.

on 11/3/2010 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really liked this mascara when I first got it - unfortunately, it dried out super quickly. I never "pump" my mascara and get more product so I feel like it shouldn't have dried out so quickly. I like mascara with a "wetter" consistency, this clumped and felt chunky. I really wanted to like it because I'd heard so many things about it -- but the brush was messy, it was chunky, and while it did give me dramatic lashes at first, it tried out so quickly that I couldn't get any product on my lashes and had to throw it away in a month.