April 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Im reviewing the black handle powder brush. I love this brush. It's honestly the softest powder brush I've ever felt. I've used the MAC 150 and honestly, this works so much better and feels much softer. It's packed really dense and applies just the right amount of products. I like to use this for all over setting powder or blot powder and sometimes ill use it for blush and bronzer.

The quality of this brush is amazing. I've had it for half a year, and it hasnt shed nor bleed when washed or used. It stays in the same condition as the day i bought it.

This is a little more expensive than a normal drugstore brush (19.99 I believe) but it's SO worth it. Rather than spending 40 to 50 dollars buying a MAC powder brush, get this instead! I just feel that Sonia Kashuk brushes are great quality in general.

Overall a great buy and I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a powder brush. This brush is really amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by subtlelikeatank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the white-handled brush. From the sample brushes at Target, I figured they were both the same and I'd save a few bucks.
This brush did shed a couple of hairs during the first wash, and it bled a little--not enough to worry me, but enough to notice. Since that first wash I haven't noticed any shedding at all. I love the shape of the handle, it rests in my hand very nicely. The bristles are super soft and packed with a medium density. It's no kabuki brush, but it gives a soft, light dusting of finishing powder, blush, or highlight. Well worth the ~$10. I didn't like the packaging at all, though. This line of brushes come in individual flat pouches and after being boxed they are pretty sad to see. I washed this brush and let it dry in a brush guard, and the shape is just fine now.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by theorginal

*** I HAVE THE WHITE ONE***

I'm doing a review on the powder brush with the white handle. It is cheaper than the black handle but i regret not getting the black handle one! the white handle sucks nuts! it sheds like crazy and everytime i wash it, the brush starts to fade some weird purple/black color off. The brush is not as soft as when i first bought it. If you have a chance to get a brush, get the one with the black handle not the white handle!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the black handled brush. It's fantastic! It's a little on the pricey side for a Target brush, but SK's quality is definitely worth the price. They're way better than drugstore brushes. This powder brush is super soft, rather dense and applies the perfect amount of product. I've only washed and used I once, but I noticed that it only lost one hair and no dye. That's a lot better than most of the brushes I've owned. I've already tossed my old powder brush which shed terribly from the day I got it. This is the third SK brush that I've purchased and although I like them all, I think the black handled ones are better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I usually use a kabuki brush for my powder foundation but I wanted a more natural look. I saw this big fluffy brush at Target but thought it wouldn't pick up any powder. I am so glad that I purchased this brush. It applies the perfect amount of powder-a light dusting. Now if you're looking for a brush for a more opaque look, this may work if you apply multilple layers but you're better off using a kabuki brush. *This review is for the white handle powder brush*

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by ixoxomakeupp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg this brush is uber SOFT!:) I use this everyday to apply my blush and I like how it just tickles my skin. I think it's well worth the price. At first I was gonna get the MAC 116 but I'm so happy I went with this one. I mean I don't want to spend more money on a product if I can get the same at a lower price. This brush works just as good as the MAC 116, if not better then. I just LOVEEE this brush and I highly reccomend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by vhemminger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I can use it as a multipurpose brush; for my powder, blush, and powder highlighter if need be. Well priced and good quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by 0hSNAPs

To clarify, this is a review for the white colored handle.

This brush sheds. LIKE CRAZY! I had high hopes for this brush. A friend had told me there is no difference between the white handle and black handle brush and me being the cheapo I am, bought the white handled one. Big. Mistake. I constantly have to brush off pieces OF the brush off my face after applying my powder.

Do not buy the white handled powder brush !! .. if it were not for the shedding, this would be a good brush since it is really super soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

I have the white one and the black one. The black one is SO much better, it's really in a different league than the white handled brush. Very soft and applies powder wonderfully..BUY THE BLACK :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by missriss2012

I got this brush a couple years ago just to put on some loose powder. It is a nice medium size and very soft and fluffy brush. I use this for a light dusting of bronzer or for my setting powder to set my liquid foundations. It serves its purpose, but it isn't the best brush I've had.