April 19, 2014 | 1661 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by naturallyginger17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. I bought it for the first time maybe 4 months ago and have bought it a second time since. I find that though it does flake a little bit, its not nearly as bad or noticeable as some of the other mascaras that I have tried and all you have to do to control this is wipe under your eye every 2/3 hours. Unfortunately it doesn't hold a curl but I think my eyelashes just suck because they barely hold a curl when they are bare. The way that i use this is I take the brush out and squish it with tissue, getting rid of basically all excess formula and then let it dry up for about 5-8 seconds. I then apply it with wiggly strokes to help separate. I usually only need 1-2 coats when doing this and it keeps my lashes from clumping and looks quite nice and feathery. The brush is pretty good, just a little large to really get into the roots of the lashes. I notice that it picks up that annoying 'dollop' of extra mascara on the end that you should wipe off if you don't want your inner lashed to get too much product and look really weird.
It comes off relatively easily but it still kind off makes the skin around my eyes darken.
A very good mascara from Maybelline and I would definitely recommend this to my friends and anyone who can't afford expensive stuff but still wants good results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by zz786

I love this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look really long and I also love how it doesn't clump a lot , people thought I had false lashes on because of the length, I just really love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by lovemyangel1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually don't use Maybelline's mascara I usually go for loreal but, for some reason I have not been very happy with loreal's mascara's lately, So I went and tried this over my lancome primer wow what a difference I usually also buy the high end mascara's that do ok, but they are overly priced and do the same as drug store mascara's as I am in love with this one try it over a primer and you have false lashes for sure. and it really will lengthen them and give great volume. I swore by the high end mascara's but to pay so much money and come disappointed not worth it. so I am in love w/this mascara my thing is they always say high end mascara's are suppose to be good for you but, I believe there is nothing wrong with the Maybelline's mascara as I have been told they are the better one's of the drugstore brands I will repurchase this once this is used up I also have tried the one by one mascara liked it but, thought I rather have high end mascaras but, why Maybelline works better I think

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by luckymomme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. This is my second tube of it and I really like it. I've used a lot of mascara over the years, and this one is really good. I've used more expensive mascaras, but this one is hard to beat. It's an intense black, for those like me, who use black. It goes on nice without lots of clumping, and I can usually just do one coat. I hope they never stop making this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

This is my favorite mascara. I get the waterproof one because my eyelashes are straight so this keeps the curl after I use the curler. It doesn't make clumps and it goes on smooth. It lengthens and volumizes. The only problem is that I can't use it on my lower lashes because it will smudge since the formula is very liquidy even though its waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by pearlescent95

I have fairly thick and lengthy lashes to begin with, which is a blessing but, when coupled with the wrong mascara, a curse. With some formulas I end up with clumpy spider legs for lashes. What I like best about this product (besides the 6 or 7 dollar dent it makes in my wallet) is the brush! The brush separates and fluffs lashes while distributing just the right amount of product and whisking any excess away. The formula is thin which makes it very buildable, and I have found that four or five coats does not look clumpy when done right. Plus, it seems to attach fibers to the ends of lashes which adds loads of length. I have noticed a wee bit of flaking with this product, but nothing I can't deal with. The packaging is all right since I apply it in the privacy of my bedroom, but the yellow may be a little garish for those who care.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is probably my HG mascara. This makes my lashes voluminous and dark and lovely. It can get clumpy if you go past two coats. This has a big brush with bristles - not rubber. No bad smell, no parabens, and the price is great too - I believe I got this for about $4.99 at Walmart. Also the packaging is very cute!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Gigglesz123

I really makes my lashes appear thicker. It adds volume but if you put a couple coats, it can get really clumpy

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by stephiesaprincess

Didn't like that it clumps after a few coats cause I love to use lots of mascara however it does make my lashes look longer, darker, and fuller. Overall a good product. I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is the bomb. I just came home from work, and my partner asked me if I was wearing false lashes. :) I got it in my Dec Glossybox, and I was really disappointed to get a DS item in it, but now that I've used it and had a few people at work say how good my lashes look I've done a 180.

It makes my lashes thicker and fuller and longer without clumping. That's all I hope for from any mascara, no matter what the advert lingo blabs on about. I'm really impressed with the lengthening, my lashes aren't short by any means but this really exaggerates them.

My only issue is the smell. It's so chemically and strong.