August 21, 2014 | 2073 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Rub rub rub showergel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I likely this product as a scrub, but it gets major points off for the packaging. It's an extremely runny product that comes in a pot that is half product and half water, making it really complicated to get out and use in the shower. I cost me 20 bucks and after using it every day lasted me no more than 2 weeks, probably because the ineffective packaging caused me to waste a lot more than I needed.

But as a scrub, it's really nice. It has a really nice, clean smell that was awesome in the shower. It exfoliates really well, not too gentle but not too harsh - just enough to slough off the dead skin. It left my skin feeling really soft, and I really liked the product. It's too bad it's packaged so poorly, because I won't be re-purchasing because of that.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

being a huge lushie, this product was a rare disappointment. lush is expensive, but not gimmicky. you really pay for good quality and what (usually) works. but rub rub rub is my LEAST favorite lush product, and i love lush.

its $20 for that awful pot. the worst part is the packaging. it comes now in a jar and is runny and difficult to get out, and once you get it around the rim good luck ever getting it out, which makes it stuck and dirty. and you use SO much of it, so not even worth the value.
the scent is harsh and artificial and off-putting, and doesnt really scrub much. i get a better scrub using any other lush shower gels/polishes/smoothies on a loofah or even one of their emulsifying soaps.

and worse off, if you get a dud bottle, it's 80% liquid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My go-to shower gel on days when I want to exfoliate! This is deep cleaning but non-irritating on my sensitive skin. It's also helped me clear up my acne on my shoulders and lower back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While this doesn't work so well as a scrub for me (the grains are too fine for my liking), I love how soft my skin feels after using it. I also love the scent - to my nose it's very close to Bobbi Brown Beach, but even more summery, which is why I'll use this instead of Bobbi's own Beach shower gel and scrub. This will definitely be a summer staple for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by poreblaster2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's not a good exfoliator, the salt melts too quickly. It smells almost okay but it's a bit too complicated of a fragrance. It's a citrusy scent aiming to be fresh and invigorating but just comes out clinical and harsh. I HATE the jar, wish it was in a bottle - it's too runny for a jar. Won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is amazing. I use this whenever my skin is in need of a good scrubbing, and let me tell you, the difference after using it is ridiculous. My boyfriend notices instantly and he is completely oblivious to 90% of the beauty things I do. My skin is super soft and very moisturized to the point where I don't want to stop touching myself xD I have this in the pot instead of the bottle, and feel a bottle would be a little better to use, but I'm content with using the pot. I just take a little scoopful and start scrubbing. I have been using the same pot for a few months now and am almost finished it, so it can be used sparingly over a few months. I even use it on my face when my normal face scrub doesn't seem to be enough. Definitely will repurchase again and again. Lush is one of my ultimate loves.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by scarlettchan

I bought this for exfoliating my skin before I go sun tanning outdoor. I expect it can exfoliate more but the sea salt melt down very fast! If you want to exfoliate everyday, it will be good because it is not a harsh scrub. But if you want a scrub which can really exfoliate, this is not good. You have to use more products to really scrub you skin to get the effect you want. After all, this showel scrub smells good and fresh.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

You can't get a good scrub out of this since the salt dissolves so easily in contact with wet skin. I prefer using Buffy or Aqua Mirabilis body butters for exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by shelnmum

I got the 100ml tub as part of the Hello Gorgeous gift set. I used it up quite fast, in about 4-5 showers. I think I may have used too much each time. You either love or hate the scent, I have seen reviews that it smells like toilet cleaner, and I think it does, but it also reminds me of a clean and fresh toilet after it has been washed, didn't mean to sound gross but don't we all love a nice and clean toilet?;)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

A wonderful bodyscrub with a fresh, uplifting and invigorating smell. My skin feels soft and clean after using it, even though it melts away quite quickly when used in the shower. A mild, soft scrub which I will definitely buy again.