LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 1/31/2012 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Very creamy soap and leaves your skin moisturised. The oatmeal though, can be a little messy, but it does scrub well. The smell is quite nice. In all, a good soap but it will leave a mess on the shower floor with the steel-cut oats dropping all over, especially as the soap wears down and gets smaller. However despite this, I will still repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this soap - it's really creamy, moisturizing, and a great exfoliant which I didn't find too rough. it lasts quite a while too and has a great scent. It smells more like an oatmeal cookie than straight up porridge. It's great if you're a multi tasker, since it cleans, exfoliates and moisturizes in one. I agree that it is a bit pricey, but I would definitely buy this soap again.

on 12/25/2011 11:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My first LUSH soap purchase. I was immediately drawn to the scent. If it were a food item, I could just eat it up. Although its name is "Porridge", it smells more like a warm, caramel, sweet dessert product. The soap lathers really well and just fills the room with its wonderful scent.

Another neat feature of this product is the pinhead oats it contains. The oats are a great exfoliator, however the cut of soap I got from my store contained too many oats to my liking. Sometimes my skin is left red and raw after using the soap. However my skin feels moisturized and soft.

The soap is on the pricier side, but the scent is just too intoxicating to pass up!

on 12/25/2011 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the smell of this soap and it is very creamy and moisturising, however I felt that the oatmeal in it was too rough for my hands and I didn't like how the oatmeal kind of crumbled and came out in my hands. If this soap was smooth, then I would have like it a lot more, however this was a miss for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Some people may hate me for saying this, but my first thought when I smelled this soap was, "Dog food." I'm sorry, but it smells a bit like dry dog kibble to me. Thankfully, it develops in the shower and smells more of sweet porridge, which I really like . The lather is creamy and my skin doesn't feel completely dry afterwards, so that's more good news. That's where the good news ends, I'm afraid. I blame myself for this, but when I bought this soap, I was expecting it to contain very soft, rolled oats, not hard, steel-cut oats. I like steel-cut oats for breakfast in the morning, but not in my soap. To me, the oats are pointless; they aren't the right texture to really exfoliate my skin, and just end up feeling rough and add unnecessary weight, so you're paying for more oats and less actual soap. Not to mention, the oats are messy and inconvenient. Also, like other LUSH bar soaps I've tried, it doesn't seem to last long. I doubt I'll buy another one of their bar soaps again.

on 11/8/2011 1:26:00 AM

I love this soap. Not only is it creamy and moisturising.. it has oats that are great for exfoliating plus it smells delicious. For me, it wasn't too scratchy and I have pretty sensitive skin.. it actually felt really nice. If you're not sure, I recommend just trying a little piece or asking for a sample. I use it in the shower so the fallout isn't that bad to clean up (I've never had huge chunky pieces), I probably wouldnt use it in the bath. Definitely one of my favourite soaps

on 9/20/2011 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Whilst some of the chunks in the soap can be harsh on sensitive skin, i find it works perfectly as an exfoliant. The soap smells so delicious and creamy and just makes my entire bathroom smell like porridge. Very moisturising - absolutely love it!

on 9/20/2011 9:22:00 AM

I rerally wanted to love this product, since I had heard so much good about it from lots of people, so when I visited a place that actually had a Lush store I bought some. It was a big, big mistake. I usd this in the shower and it really irritated my skin, a got pimples on my chest and lots of red spots (looked almost like a rash). At first I didn't understand what was happening from me but then i realised that the only new thing that I was using was the Porridge soap, so I stopped using it and the problems went away! I was so disapointed. But on the bright side of things, my mother loved it and it worked really well for her so she used up my bit! Isn't it unfair how some products work really well for other people but not for you?

on 9/6/2011 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great exfoliating soap. The only downside is that some of the chunkier bits of oatmeal can feel a little too scratchy against my skin. It lathers quite well into a milky texture and consistency and is fairly moisturizing on my skin. I don't like how quickly the oats melt off, but they have been grounded down into smaller chunks so they won't block your shower drain. It doesn't smell like porridge and isn't the best smelling Lush product either. In my opinion, it's more like a nutty scent (almonds?) with a slight warm vanilla smell.

on 8/20/2011 9:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love love love this soap! Oatmeal is amazing for your skin, so this is a great way to moisturize your face and your body. It smells soooo good. I don't find that I have issues with the oat flakes, I actually like them for mild exfoliation. This does not dry out my skin at all. Its wonderful!