April 18, 2014 | 961 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love love love this soap! Oatmeal is amazing for your skin, so this is a great way to moisturize your face and your body. It smells soooo good. I don't find that I have issues with the oat flakes, I actually like them for mild exfoliation. This does not dry out my skin at all. Its wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ncjdivadancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this! Only lush soap that doesn't dry out my skin. Seems to be helping the KP on my arms too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE the scent of this. Its like honey i washed the kids but sweeter. Which could make you gag, but i cant get enough. It leaves that soap film on your skin that i hate. And it is moisturizing. The worst part is the oats. They are huge and spread out. So it basically just leaves a scrap from where an oat contacted your skin. I dont understand why anyone would like this. I love exfoliating products but this was just stupid really? Like ya lets put a few large sharp rock hard oats in a soap so they can leave a gash in your skin. This product sucked LUSH.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by foreverstella21

I thought I would enjoy the smell- my friend told me it was amazing. I couldn't quite capture the smell in the store, all the other scents were way too overpowering. I did smell it as a nice chocolately kind of scent, so I bought it.
When I got home, the scent was just TERRIBLE! I don't know if it was just my soap or not. It was too strong and it made me sick.
The oats were too exfoliating- and way too messy. They clogged my shower drain.
Minus the oats, the soap overall was moisturizing. I really liked it! Just wish the scent was different and the oats were smaller in size.
Overall, I wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this sweet smelling soap, and the little oat bits are quite exfoliating for my skin. But you have to wash them down the drain because they do end up on the bottom of the tub.
This is actually one of the few soaps from Lush that I feel does not dry out my skin, and I have really dry skin. I will most definitely buy again. Actually I already have!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I don't really use bar soaps and instead, rely on cleansers with a liquid consistency. The oat pieces may get a little messy in the shower. I used this as hand soap and it lasted me quite a while. Probably around 5 months and I bought a small slice. It smells nice, but the smell doesn't really linger on my hands.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by gibbled

I wanted to like this soap, it smells great and has a wonderful texture. It just didn't last long at all, after 1.5 weeks of showers it was pretty much gone which was sad. I've tried many other soaps that were equally as nice but lasted for ages before disintegrating. I can't justify buying this soap again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

I love this scent, which is suprising because I am not into warm scents. It smells like vanilla, chocolate and oats. As a soap I have concerns. It leaves my shower filthy with pieces of shes that won't rinse down the drain. The soap is creamy and it lathers but it leaves my skin sticky. Sticky wouldn't be bad if it also left behind the scent but it gets washed down the drain which is more than I can say for those darn shells all over my tub! I will use the rest of it, but I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by SummerTwice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont understand why people keep telling me that it smells like orange juice. When i received mine, it doesnt smells like orange juice at all! All I can smell is like rotten fruits. Eww.. makes me wanna gag. I simply hate the smell. Its not as fresh or as good I thought it would be.

Personally, I would repurchase it just for the oats and cereal, but I hate the smell. I love how it exfoliates my skin, I just couldnt stand the smell. Everytime my mom or my family use the soap, I feel like I wanna stick my nose so i'll not smell it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Knotigal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got Porridge as part of a BOGO Boxing Day sale - it was featured with Lemslip, which is why I bought the package. (Wash a Friend?)

Anyway, the problem with Porridge is the pin oatmeal. After only 2 uses I couldn't even get to the soap part. So here's a tip if you love the smell of Porridge but hate the oats. I got this from another forum.

Melt the soap in the nuke (5-10 second bursts) being careful not to burn it. Then put it in the fridge and the oats and soap will separate, leaving you with a soap side and an exfolliating side. I did it and it worked!