LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Some people may hate me for saying this, but my first thought when I smelled this soap was, "Dog food." I'm sorry, but it smells a bit like dry dog kibble to me. Thankfully, it develops in the shower and smells more of sweet porridge, which I really like . The lather is creamy and my skin doesn't feel completely dry afterwards, so that's more good news. That's where the good news ends, I'm afraid. I blame myself for this, but when I bought this soap, I was expecting it to contain very soft, rolled oats, not hard, steel-cut oats. I like steel-cut oats for breakfast in the morning, but not in my soap. To me, the oats are pointless; they aren't the right texture to really exfoliate my skin, and just end up feeling rough and add unnecessary weight, so you're paying for more oats and less actual soap. Not to mention, the oats are messy and inconvenient. Also, like other LUSH bar soaps I've tried, it doesn't seem to last long. I doubt I'll buy another one of their bar soaps again.

on 11/8/2011 1:26:00 AM

I love this soap. Not only is it creamy and moisturising.. it has oats that are great for exfoliating plus it smells delicious. For me, it wasn't too scratchy and I have pretty sensitive skin.. it actually felt really nice. If you're not sure, I recommend just trying a little piece or asking for a sample. I use it in the shower so the fallout isn't that bad to clean up (I've never had huge chunky pieces), I probably wouldnt use it in the bath. Definitely one of my favourite soaps

on 9/20/2011 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Whilst some of the chunks in the soap can be harsh on sensitive skin, i find it works perfectly as an exfoliant. The soap smells so delicious and creamy and just makes my entire bathroom smell like porridge. Very moisturising - absolutely love it!

on 9/20/2011 9:22:00 AM

I rerally wanted to love this product, since I had heard so much good about it from lots of people, so when I visited a place that actually had a Lush store I bought some. It was a big, big mistake. I usd this in the shower and it really irritated my skin, a got pimples on my chest and lots of red spots (looked almost like a rash). At first I didn't understand what was happening from me but then i realised that the only new thing that I was using was the Porridge soap, so I stopped using it and the problems went away! I was so disapointed. But on the bright side of things, my mother loved it and it worked really well for her so she used up my bit! Isn't it unfair how some products work really well for other people but not for you?

on 9/6/2011 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great exfoliating soap. The only downside is that some of the chunkier bits of oatmeal can feel a little too scratchy against my skin. It lathers quite well into a milky texture and consistency and is fairly moisturizing on my skin. I don't like how quickly the oats melt off, but they have been grounded down into smaller chunks so they won't block your shower drain. It doesn't smell like porridge and isn't the best smelling Lush product either. In my opinion, it's more like a nutty scent (almonds?) with a slight warm vanilla smell.

on 8/20/2011 9:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love love love this soap! Oatmeal is amazing for your skin, so this is a great way to moisturize your face and your body. It smells soooo good. I don't find that I have issues with the oat flakes, I actually like them for mild exfoliation. This does not dry out my skin at all. Its wonderful!

on 8/17/2011 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

love this! Only lush soap that doesn't dry out my skin. Seems to be helping the KP on my arms too!

on 7/29/2011 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE the scent of this. Its like honey i washed the kids but sweeter. Which could make you gag, but i cant get enough. It leaves that soap film on your skin that i hate. And it is moisturizing. The worst part is the oats. They are huge and spread out. So it basically just leaves a scrap from where an oat contacted your skin. I dont understand why anyone would like this. I love exfoliating products but this was just stupid really? Like ya lets put a few large sharp rock hard oats in a soap so they can leave a gash in your skin. This product sucked LUSH.

I thought I would enjoy the smell- my friend told me it was amazing. I couldn't quite capture the smell in the store, all the other scents were way too overpowering. I did smell it as a nice chocolately kind of scent, so I bought it.
When I got home, the scent was just TERRIBLE! I don't know if it was just my soap or not. It was too strong and it made me sick.
The oats were too exfoliating- and way too messy. They clogged my shower drain.
Minus the oats, the soap overall was moisturizing. I really liked it! Just wish the scent was different and the oats were smaller in size.
Overall, I wouldn't buy this product again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I love this sweet smelling soap, and the little oat bits are quite exfoliating for my skin. But you have to wash them down the drain because they do end up on the bottom of the tub.
This is actually one of the few soaps from Lush that I feel does not dry out my skin, and I have really dry skin. I will most definitely buy again. Actually I already have!