October 21, 2014 | 1912 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

See http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=174845/UV-Perfect-Face-Milk-SPF-50+-PA++++-%28New-2014%29/Biore/Sunscreen for the reformulated version of this product as of spring 2014

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Sezstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading several reviews on sunscreens on MUA I decided on buying this sunscreen instead of paying more for a Shiseido one. For the first few days I felt amazed by the silky, matte finish the sunscreen left on my skin. Living in South-East Asian weather, I get extremely hot and oily after 2 - 3 hours on a working day and need to blot all the time. It went well under makeup and I didn't need to blot as much as I did normally.

However, after a few days, the skin on my nose started to dry up and I started getting clogged pores and cystic acne around my chin, upper lip and forehead. I love that it's mattifying but it broke me out! I will try using moisturiser before applying the sunscreen to see if that changes anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by TheKiwi

I still do not have an HG sunscreen (.... HG anything really. Except Aztec clay mask.) Anyway, this is the "least evil" sunscreen I've tried.

Pros:

- least greasiest sunscreen I've ever tried
    - SPF and PA rating is great
    - lightweight texture and white cast goes away very quickly

Cons:
    - slightly breaks me out. I see plugged pores, shallow zits, small pimples around my jaw/mouth area. :(
    - alcohol scent!! BLECH
    - It has a silicone-y feel, which I hate that feeling. I need to find a silicone- free awesomesauce sunscreen.

Overall, would I repurchase? Probably not. I went through two bottles, don't love it.

Unless this is the best it gets. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So I'm on a mission to find a sunscreen that leaves a MATTE finish, NO shine, and does not leave a white cast on my face. This is only the 2nd one I've tried that is supposed to fit that criteria, but I really love it. It's perfectly matte, leaves a powdery finish, and does not get shiny on my face throughout the day at all. It has no sunscreen smell and I don't smell alcohol (like some previous reviewers said). It is, however, kind of drying. My face feels a little tight, but I would still buy it again. And I have dry skin, so that says a lot. I got in on ebay for $11. If I did plan to use this indefinitely, I'd have to buy several at a time because the bottle is so small. Still going to try the other sunscreens on my list (Vichy, Shiseido, Skinceuticals, and Obagi).

UPDATE: So this was great and I was excited about it when I didn't have any other options, but now that I've found Paula's Choice Super light SPF 30, I would not use this sunscreen again. Compared to PC, it's very drying and I had no idea that it had such high alcohol content.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

This is a pretty good sunblock that doubles as a primer. It leaves a nice matte finish and no greasy look like a lot of US sunscreens. It seemed too drying for me though because of the alcohol it contains.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by briano1092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this sunblock for 2 months and I must say I love it.
    My previous sunscreen was Neutrogena Dry touch and I did'nt like it because it made my skin very oily (which I currently use for my neck and body). After reading all the rave reviews on MUA, I decided to purchase Biore UV Perfect Face Milk in White on ebay. The price is very cheap, only about 14AUD.
    The consistency of the product is very watery, you have to shake it well before use. Only a little bit of it to spread all over your face. The sunblock dries up instantly and it give me a matte finish. When I first used it, it made the corners of my mouth, between my eyebrows and cheek very flakey, especially it's winter here in Australia. However, I figured out the way to solve it that is using a richer moisturizer (I'm using Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream instead of Clinique DDMG that I used in the summer).
    I really am happy with this sunblock and I will repurchase again and again. This will be perfect to use in Asia where is very humid all year long.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by nahlahknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try out this sunscreen! I bought it without hesitation and was anxious for it's arrival! I have tried it twice and both times it made me break out badly. =( I really wanted it to work for me, however it just didn't. It DID keep the skin matte throughout the day and applied nice and smoothly. Makeup applies very well over it. I loved everything about it, but it made me break out. =( I'm seriously sad that it didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by LianneN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using the Biore perfect face milk for almost 3 weeks. It is definitely drying compared to Senka, but nothing serious. I find the bright face milk less drying. I don't like wearing the perfect face milk around my eyes (all over) as it dries this area out and makes it look as though I have wrinkles. I find the bright face milk is less drying and use this around my eyes instead. I may wear my senka around my eyes and compare that.

The biore does control oil better than senka, esp now in the summer. Bright face milk is much less oil controlling and my face gets greasy much more quickly. I find the sparkles in bright face milk negligible but for some reason it leaves more of a white cast on me than perfect face milk. I really like both for different areas on my face.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by elouv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG sunscreen,no shine, no breakouts just perfect for my oily face!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by cecilian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG!!! I sure hope that this protects as well as it looks. I've tried everything...Everything, and this gives the most beautiful finish. It has a very slightly pale cast (but nothing extreme) and has a nice, water tight finish. LOVE! It beats lrp for me, bioderma, and all the department store brands. LIke I said, I just hope the protection is comparable beacuse it;s dreamy.

I'm afraid that I am editing! :(. It seemed so great at first - smoothe and flattering (and I actually still get compliments....but only when people are at a distance). But I do start to notice the InCredibly strong alcohols smell and it is sooo drying. I can't tell if silicone products ball under it or if it's just so drying that my skin is flaking off :(. Will not reorder, but enjoyed the brief flirtation :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by samarmin

I have heard a lot of good things about this product but it just doesn't work for me.. it gave me really bad breakouts on my chin and upper lips. I am so disappointed with this. But overall, i like that it's easy to apply, dries pretty quickly (because they put TONS of alcohol in it that you can smell) Give it a try if you are looking for something that does not make your face feels greasy.

For me, I will have to look for another sunscreen that would suit my skin and doesn't give me breakouts :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No