Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

4.1

BHT

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

How difficult in life is it to find a sunscreen for oily skin that doesn't leave a white cast? As of now, still impossible, I'm afraid. After trying the Biore mousse and finding that it restarted my acne problem due to blocked pores, I tried this one.

At first what bliss! Perfectly matte skin (maybe even too matte, a bit chalky - I like a little dewiness), easy to apply and dry, velvet-to-the-touch skin that didn't even sweat. Yes, there was the smell of alcohol, but all in all it was a dream! But I was wary because nowhere did the packaging say "non-comodogenic" and talc was listed as an ingredient. Also I had tried the aforementioned Biore mousse with not-so-good results. I have reviewed that as well.

I started watching out for signs immediately. And sure enough, the day after I started using it, I saw the telltale bumps of an oncoming break-out. I Clarisoniced the area out and prayed it was not the worst.

Like the Biore mousse before it, I will be using it only on my forehead and nose where I don't tend to break out as much as my cheeks and chin.

Now I will be trying Shiseido, Sofina or Nivea from Japan. Why do I take a chance time and time again? Because sunscreen is a must and I refuse to look like an oil slick.

Update: I can see bumps even on my forehead on the second use. I can use it only on my nose now!

My search for face sunscreen is over. I have tried a lot of sunscreens for face and all of them made my oily skin even oilier hence the breakouts. After reading so many good reviews about this product, I decided to give it a go and bought a bottle at eBay, which btw, they totally jacked up the price. I tried it out and it was easy to apply. It glides smoothly, dries up quickly, and yes! It lessened the oiliness of my face! On a trip to Singapore, i hoarded this product and stocked up. I just wish they'd have bigger packaging for this.

But then, the results, the spf, im not really complaining!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very "watery" liquid sunscreen that feels extremely slippery, but melts into the skin and leaves a perfect finish for the day, in the short run. But now I've used it for one week and discovered new bumps on my chin and around the mouth, where I usually never get acne!! And this even if I've been extremely aware of cleansing in the night, I have really taken it away...and washed the face twice....

Pros:
- mattifying
- primer-effect
- refines the skin and pores in a amazing way
- claims high spf

Cons:

- loaded with silicones
- not too broadspectrum, the uva A protection is very poor. UVA is important cause of the ageing effects...
- small bottle
- seems like it gives me clogged pores... :(

Wont repurchase.....

I thought this was my HG sunscreen as I've used 3 bottles. It was light and non greasy. Most importantly, it was cheap for the high protection it offers. Lately, because my skin have been severely dehydrated. Probably, due to the summer and me piling on mega sunscreen (those shake-up kind). I just found out those shake-up sunscreen contain ALCOHOL and it was sucking every drop of moisture I have. This Biore one included. I'm sad to say, but I can no longer use shake-up sunscreens. : ( You can read my review on the Shiseido Ultimate Protection Cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

After reading several reviews on sunscreens on MUA I decided on buying this sunscreen instead of paying more for a Shiseido one. For the first few days I felt amazed by the silky, matte finish the sunscreen left on my skin. Living in South-East Asian weather, I get extremely hot and oily after 2 - 3 hours on a working day and need to blot all the time. It went well under makeup and I didn't need to blot as much as I did normally.

However, after a few days, the skin on my nose started to dry up and I started getting clogged pores and cystic acne around my chin, upper lip and forehead. I love that it's mattifying but it broke me out! I will try using moisturiser before applying the sunscreen to see if that changes anything.

I still do not have an HG sunscreen (.... HG anything really. Except Aztec clay mask.) Anyway, this is the "least evil" sunscreen I've tried.

Pros:

- least greasiest sunscreen I've ever tried
- SPF and PA rating is great
- lightweight texture and white cast goes away very quickly

Cons:
- slightly breaks me out. I see plugged pores, shallow zits, small pimples around my jaw/mouth area. :(
- alcohol scent!! BLECH
- It has a silicone-y feel, which I hate that feeling. I need to find a silicone- free awesomesauce sunscreen.

Overall, would I repurchase? Probably not. I went through two bottles, don't love it.

Unless this is the best it gets. :(

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

So I'm on a mission to find a sunscreen that leaves a MATTE finish, NO shine, and does not leave a white cast on my face. This is only the 2nd one I've tried that is supposed to fit that criteria, but I really love it. It's perfectly matte, leaves a powdery finish, and does not get shiny on my face throughout the day at all. It has no sunscreen smell and I don't smell alcohol (like some previous reviewers said). It is, however, kind of drying. My face feels a little tight, but I would still buy it again. And I have dry skin, so that says a lot. I got in on ebay for $11. If I did plan to use this indefinitely, I'd have to buy several at a time because the bottle is so small. Still going to try the other sunscreens on my list (Vichy, Shiseido, Skinceuticals, and Obagi).

UPDATE: So this was great and I was excited about it when I didn't have any other options, but now that I've found Paula's Choice Super light SPF 30, I would not use this sunscreen again. Compared to PC, it's very drying and I had no idea that it had such high alcohol content.

This is a pretty good sunblock that doubles as a primer. It leaves a nice matte finish and no greasy look like a lot of US sunscreens. It seemed too drying for me though because of the alcohol it contains.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using this sunblock for 2 months and I must say I love it.
My previous sunscreen was Neutrogena Dry touch and I did'nt like it because it made my skin very oily (which I currently use for my neck and body). After reading all the rave reviews on MUA, I decided to purchase Biore UV Perfect Face Milk in White on ebay. The price is very cheap, only about 14AUD.
The consistency of the product is very watery, you have to shake it well before use. Only a little bit of it to spread all over your face. The sunblock dries up instantly and it give me a matte finish. When I first used it, it made the corners of my mouth, between my eyebrows and cheek very flakey, especially it's winter here in Australia. However, I figured out the way to solve it that is using a richer moisturizer (I'm using Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream instead of Clinique DDMG that I used in the summer).
I really am happy with this sunblock and I will repurchase again and again. This will be perfect to use in Asia where is very humid all year long.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so excited to try out this sunscreen! I bought it without hesitation and was anxious for it's arrival! I have tried it twice and both times it made me break out badly. =( I really wanted it to work for me, however it just didn't. It DID keep the skin matte throughout the day and applied nice and smoothly. Makeup applies very well over it. I loved everything about it, but it made me break out. =( I'm seriously sad that it didn't work for me.

Top Rated Biore Products