April 16, 2014 | 969 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Quad (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by cat53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love CG Eye Enhancers. Far superior to Almay's product for specific eye color. For green eyes a must try is Eye Enhancers in quad w/following colors: Mocha Mousse; Hot Cider (makes my green eyes glow) Carmel Kiss; and Creme Fraiche. I always get loads of compliments from Hubby, friends and strangers when wearing these colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by powpow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review is for quad # 254 in Sheerly Nudes. I love these! I 've had bad experiences with Cover Girl eyeshadows before ie: little or no pigmantation or a weird white cast. But these are different at least for me yes, they are sheer but beautifully so and the blendability is awesome for a drugstore brand. I use this quad on days that I'm running short on "prep" time and don' t want leave home barefaced.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by celeritas

Berries & Cream
Colors look really pigmented in the pan, especially currant but they aren't at all. The colors look gray very quickly except for the vanilla cream which fades to a pinky sheen. The shadows crease quickly and aren't colorful enough. I'm moving up to higher price shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 7:33:00 PM More reviews by VanillaT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used this in "Country Woods" since middle school- IT HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE HG EYESHADOW FOR 10 YEARS. You cannot beat the price, and all four of the colors are good. I can't say enough good things about this. My favorite eyeshadow, hands down, regardless of price I would pick this eyeshadow over anything else dept. store. SO GOOD! I have also used this on a lot of my friends and family and I have converted all of them into users of this quad! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by browneyedvixen1

love the color combinations and love that it is cheap. hate the packageing because it usually comes open in my makeup bag at some point or another. The colors stay on and do not crease and make my brown eyes really pop

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2006 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Rockette13

I have this quad in Urban Basics. I love it! The colors (from left to right) are: Dusk (a slighly pearly blue gray), Evening Shadow (a very pearly medium bronze), Metro Sparkle (a sparkly champagne), and Streetlight (a matte white).

I don't use Dusk that often, but when I do it shows up fairly lightly and somewhat pearly. I use Evening Shadow CONSTANTLY!!! It is gorgeous and shimmery. You can apply it lightly for a sheer, pearly light brown, or you can apply it heavily for a super shimmery (NOT sparkly) deep bronze color. I use Metro Sparkle occasionally...I don't really like glittery eyeshadows. The color is very light, and the glitter is pretty noticable. You just have to make sure you clean up the glitter that falls under your eyes or it looks very...erm...messy? Lol. I think it does. Lastly, Streetlight is my second most used color. It isn't stark white, but has a medium coverage that is great as a wash or highlight.

I like to highlight with Streetlight, then put an intense layer of Evening Shadow on my lid and slighly above my crease. I also thickly line my eyes with it. I put a chocolate brown in the crease and line my eyes again with a thinner brown line. Viola! My signature brown smokey eye!!! <3

I highly recommend this product. I plan on getting lots more quads and trios...specifically the Professional Eye Enhancers Quad in Ice Princess. Can you say purple smokey eye? Yay! Lol.

Mine was about $5.50 at Walgreens. I have to agree that the quality of this product varies from batch to batch, so don't give up hope completely if you get a crappy one. Lol.

P.S. This particular quad is now part of the Queen Collection. That collection is for products that work well for African American women. I am very pale, and these colors show up a little sheer on me...but I have an older quad. So maybe the new one is a bit more pigmented. I would try the Queen Collection Urban Basics instead of the normal one. The QC one comes in a lavender case instead of the original dark blue one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2006 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sed484

I absolutely LOVE these eye shadows. Previously, I was using Revlon Colorstay eye shadows and was REALLY disappointed with both their wear and the intensity of the color that these shadows provided. At that time (about a month ago) I only owned one Cover Girl eye shadow trio. I loved its blendability, intensity, and staying power. So I got some more (alot more)! I almost have every single Neutral and Cool quad. The colors are fabulous and totally go together. B/c of the multiple colors, I get a professional look with my eye shadow. SOMETIMES THE COLOR MAY BE A LITTLE LIGHT TO SHOW UP, BUT DON'T DESPAIR GIRLS!!!!! You just need to apply more on to your sponge or brush or apply a few layers of the eye shadow and the colors will stay and stay with the intensity you want. Some may complain it is too labor intensive to *GASP* spend three extra minutes on application. Believe me when I say it is worth it, more people have commented on how pretty I look then ever before!! I am a BA, and I recommend this product to everyone I know.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2005 9:51:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like all the quads I have tried from Cover Girl. I just wish they would bring back the discontinued trio Sparkling Wines.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2005 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Mindyhui

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are great if ALL you want is just an enhancement. For more serious pigmentation, go to Stila, Nars or MAC. This is a good case in point for, "you get what you pay for".

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2005 9:09:00 PM More reviews by spitefairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in Coffee Shop, a goldy-brown. Absolutely love the colors, though I wish the gold was a little darker, but great shades for mixing. Good pigment and nice and cheap. Love the range of colors. My only complaint is that it's a little too shimmery and wears off a bit more than some of the cheaper brands like Rimmel and Wet&Wild. But yes, I recommend it if you're looking for lots of variety.