Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 7/19/2013 6:10:00 PM

I bought this product after being convinced by one of the girls at Sephora that it would: 1.) mattify my oily skin 2.) keep my skin matt the whole day 3.) last for a long time because very little powder was needed to achieve a mattified face. I tried it out for about a couple of weeks, thinking that it would suffice. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. Upon applying the powder, it looked quite powdery on my skin and gave my skin a "dried out" look. I was able to see a white cast on my skin which I didn't appreciate. I wasn't putting loads of powder on, but it wasn't the "miracle" product as she explained. Upon having the powder on for a couple of hours, shine peaked through on my t-zone and I had to powder it, and multiple times after that. Needless to say, I really loved the packaging and really wanted to love the product, but it wasn't right for me.

on 7/17/2013 11:51:00 PM

I have very oily skin and always carry around blotting papers. Tried this and it seriously works all day long on me. Expensive yes however on Urban Decay's site right now it's 50% off, still full price at Sephora. I'm going to buy several I like it so much and it looks like its being discontinued. I like the Tarte also but for this price it's Urban Decay all the way.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think I may have finally found my Holy Grail powder!!!! I normally have "normal" skin, I get oily in my T-Zone but now that it's summer here in Seattle it's been very hot and VERY humid. I was loving my Milani Multitasker Powder which is supposed to be a blotting/foundation/setting powder all in one. It works great in the cooler months of the year but lately I have been sweating like a pig. Literally not even 20 mins after I put my make up on I have a puddle of sweat/shine on my nose and upper lip. I was shocked since this has never happened this bad and I don't know if it's becaus I'm not wearing my MAC Prolong Wear foundation but nothing I do helps. Blotting takes away the shine temporarily but not even an hour later I'm back to square one. When I use the Milani powdeer to "blot", it just enhances where I'm sweating and literally takes the color off of my face making it super obvious and ugly. I went into Sephora looking for the perfect blotting/summer powder and I was given two options - Cover FX or UD's De-slick Mattifying powder. I was already super oily and sweaty from walking through the mall. The SA at Sephora pretty much know me by name, lol so she suggested the UD. I didn't blot or anything and used a fluffy but dense powder brush to apply it on my shiny areas. I was flabbergasted! It completely sucked up the oil and mattified my skin without being heavy and without taking off/disintegrating the foundation on my nose.I was in love!!! Not to mention the beautiful packaging. I use this in conjunction with UD's De-Slick Finishing Spray. Using this somehow keeps me matte for HOURS. It really makes my skin look flawless. It's ridiculously expensive but I think it's well worth it.

on 6/5/2013 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The product does exactly what you want it to, mattifies the skin, but the price is simply too much for me to justify when it only slightly outperforms any other powder product.

To apply it, I'd strongly advise against using the sponge that comes with the powder. Only a bare minimum is needed to work, which means it does last a long time. Obviously this product is intended for those with oily skin, but if you have any dry, flaky areas be really careful or even avoid them, because the powder just clings to them like mad. It's pretty dodgy if you haven't moisturized, and if you have dry skin I'd totally avoid it. I usually just brush a super light covering over my nose and forehead.

However, one definite redeeming feature is that you can use it to prime OR set your lids for eyeshadow. It does impede blendability slightly, but it does a pretty damn good job at stopping creases.

on 4/14/2013 12:42:00 AM

This product really does mattify my skin. I have oily skin especially on my chin, nose and forehead. I apply this with a kabuki brush over my revlon colorstay in medium beige. I'll say this lasts 11 hours. It did not leave a white sheen on my skin, it blended in nicely with my skin color. Urban decay does it again with this great product! The purple compact is a plus too.

on 3/11/2013 7:34:00 AM

The thing I love most about this product is the presentation. The cute bright purple compact with mirror inside always looks cute in my handbag. Sadly, I don't think the product itself lives up to the hype. Sure, it works. But I think for the price there's many other products that work just as well.
I apply this with an old blush brush and find that gives a nicer finish than what the original sponge did. I got rid of the sponge this came with straight away-it was totally useless. I don't find this makes me white or pasty but I have been using it sparingly.
Once the powders empty I'll be using the compact as a purse mirror :)

on 3/4/2013 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my HG setting powder. I hate how expensive it is but I have not been able to find a drugstore substitute anywhere near this quality.

It is completely translucent and it works like a charm. I put it on with a small kabuki brush after my foundation/concealer but before any blush or bronzer.

I absolutely hate the packaging though. The compact it comes in is cheap and plastic, and it never closed properly. It broke within a week of me having it, but I was able to repot it into a small LUSH sample size pot and set it with the rubbing alcohol trick. Luckily I have a really small kabuki brush that fits in the pot!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Crazy about this powder! I have never used a powder that has kept me so matte for so long! It also does not cake my face and leaves it feeling smooth. In love with this product!

on 12/4/2012 5:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

With the stellar reviews I was SO excited to try this powder that I drove 20 miles out of my way to Ulta to buy it because my local store (Sephora) was out of stock.

I have a "very oily" t-zone, with dry areas elsewhere, and haven't EVER found a product that keeps me matte for more than 30 minutes. This powder was no exception, so I may be returning it since it was $30+.

I gave it 3 lippies because it applies nicely over my Bare Minerals loose powder foundation, but I did have to reapply every 45 minutes. I'm going to try it again under my foundation as well as over, just to see if that makes a difference, & I'll report my findings.

on 11/30/2012 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A.MAZ.ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the price because this is the only product to give me oil free skin ALL DAY. The only negative thing I have to say is I have been using this for a week and can see the bottom. I don't use lots of powder so a bit disappointed that it's going so quick.

Recommended for Normal Skin