November 27, 2014 | 1038 users online

Pressed Powders - Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product really does mattify my skin. I have oily skin especially on my chin, nose and forehead. I apply this with a kabuki brush over my revlon colorstay in medium beige. I'll say this lasts 11 hours. It did not leave a white sheen on my skin, it blended in nicely with my skin color. Urban decay does it again with this great product! The purple compact is a plus too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The thing I love most about this product is the presentation. The cute bright purple compact with mirror inside always looks cute in my handbag. Sadly, I don't think the product itself lives up to the hype. Sure, it works. But I think for the price there's many other products that work just as well.
I apply this with an old blush brush and find that gives a nicer finish than what the original sponge did. I got rid of the sponge this came with straight away-it was totally useless. I don't find this makes me white or pasty but I have been using it sparingly.
Once the powders empty I'll be using the compact as a purse mirror :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG setting powder. I hate how expensive it is but I have not been able to find a drugstore substitute anywhere near this quality.

It is completely translucent and it works like a charm. I put it on with a small kabuki brush after my foundation/concealer but before any blush or bronzer.

I absolutely hate the packaging though. The compact it comes in is cheap and plastic, and it never closed properly. It broke within a week of me having it, but I was able to repot it into a small LUSH sample size pot and set it with the rubbing alcohol trick. Luckily I have a really small kabuki brush that fits in the pot!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by MissMerryMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Crazy about this powder! I have never used a powder that has kept me so matte for so long! It also does not cake my face and leaves it feeling smooth. In love with this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:27:00 AM More reviews by smile08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

With the stellar reviews I was SO excited to try this powder that I drove 20 miles out of my way to Ulta to buy it because my local store (Sephora) was out of stock.

I have a "very oily" t-zone, with dry areas elsewhere, and haven't EVER found a product that keeps me matte for more than 30 minutes. This powder was no exception, so I may be returning it since it was $30+.

I gave it 3 lippies because it applies nicely over my Bare Minerals loose powder foundation, but I did have to reapply every 45 minutes. I'm going to try it again under my foundation as well as over, just to see if that makes a difference, & I'll report my findings.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by alisonjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A.MAZ.ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the price because this is the only product to give me oil free skin ALL DAY. The only negative thing I have to say is I have been using this for a week and can see the bottom. I don't use lots of powder so a bit disappointed that it's going so quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by leomh1108

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually try to test a product like this for about a week and then submit a review. I got this powder yesterday morning and I'm just amazed. I have a VERY oily nose and forehead and this powder just works. I was afraid because the powder is clearly white but it blends perfect with my skin (NC42). I thought 32 bucks was a lot but I know it's going to last a long time because I don't have to be re-applying it often like I used to with my studio fix. I will definetly purchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by amandakat3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product for stubborn very oily skin! My skin is very oily and I have tried everything. This stuff is amazing. You can't tell you have powder on, it does not look cakey at all and leaves a very natural finish. This stuff is the HG of mattifying powders!. I use it with Benefit Dr.Feelgood before my makeup application. Leaves a flawless oil free finish. Will definetly purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

LOVE: The powder itself is wonderful. It's lightweight and mattifies the skin.

HATE: The packaging on the other hand is attrocious. It's big and bulky for one thing, although quite 'pretty' in terms of esthetics. I do not recommend carrying this around in you purse though. The big bulky packaging does not protect the powder from cracking and falling apart.

In contrast, I've been carrying around this and a Maybelline PureStay powder foundation compact in the same makeup bag. The Maybelline has tacky, lightweight packaging, but the product still remains in tact.

Although you get 11.4g of product, I felt like I hit pan on this really quickly. I was using it only in the morning to set my foundation.

Will not repurchase. It's basically a pressed version of the ELF HD powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by iamtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I break out from makeup really, really easily. Corn starch in particular is a big culprit, yet tough to avoid. This is the ONLY powder I've tried that doesn't make my skin angry. Hence I'm willing to pay the somewhat ridiculous price.

It goes on colorlessly - it doesn't look white or chalky on me, although I'm very, very pale, so take that with a grain of salt. This powder lasts me about 4 months with daily wear. However, I've since scaled back my use of skin makeup because my sensitive skin is happiest when I leave it bare. So with only sometimes use, I think it will last a really long time. I downgraded my rating of the packaging only because the puff it comes with is pretty much useless and would be unsanitary after awhile. I apply mine with a fluffy brush instead.

I don't know what UD's secret is, but this is pretty much the only powder my skin can tolerate.