July 25, 2014 | 940 users online

Pressed Powders - Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:27:00 AM More reviews by smile08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

With the stellar reviews I was SO excited to try this powder that I drove 20 miles out of my way to Ulta to buy it because my local store (Sephora) was out of stock.

I have a "very oily" t-zone, with dry areas elsewhere, and haven't EVER found a product that keeps me matte for more than 30 minutes. This powder was no exception, so I may be returning it since it was $30+.

I gave it 3 lippies because it applies nicely over my Bare Minerals loose powder foundation, but I did have to reapply every 45 minutes. I'm going to try it again under my foundation as well as over, just to see if that makes a difference, & I'll report my findings.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by alisonjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A.MAZ.ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the price because this is the only product to give me oil free skin ALL DAY. The only negative thing I have to say is I have been using this for a week and can see the bottom. I don't use lots of powder so a bit disappointed that it's going so quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by leomh1108

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually try to test a product like this for about a week and then submit a review. I got this powder yesterday morning and I'm just amazed. I have a VERY oily nose and forehead and this powder just works. I was afraid because the powder is clearly white but it blends perfect with my skin (NC42). I thought 32 bucks was a lot but I know it's going to last a long time because I don't have to be re-applying it often like I used to with my studio fix. I will definetly purchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by amandakat3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product for stubborn very oily skin! My skin is very oily and I have tried everything. This stuff is amazing. You can't tell you have powder on, it does not look cakey at all and leaves a very natural finish. This stuff is the HG of mattifying powders!. I use it with Benefit Dr.Feelgood before my makeup application. Leaves a flawless oil free finish. Will definetly purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

LOVE: The powder itself is wonderful. It's lightweight and mattifies the skin.

HATE: The packaging on the other hand is attrocious. It's big and bulky for one thing, although quite 'pretty' in terms of esthetics. I do not recommend carrying this around in you purse though. The big bulky packaging does not protect the powder from cracking and falling apart.

In contrast, I've been carrying around this and a Maybelline PureStay powder foundation compact in the same makeup bag. The Maybelline has tacky, lightweight packaging, but the product still remains in tact.

Although you get 11.4g of product, I felt like I hit pan on this really quickly. I was using it only in the morning to set my foundation.

Will not repurchase. It's basically a pressed version of the ELF HD powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by iamtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I break out from makeup really, really easily. Corn starch in particular is a big culprit, yet tough to avoid. This is the ONLY powder I've tried that doesn't make my skin angry. Hence I'm willing to pay the somewhat ridiculous price.

It goes on colorlessly - it doesn't look white or chalky on me, although I'm very, very pale, so take that with a grain of salt. This powder lasts me about 4 months with daily wear. However, I've since scaled back my use of skin makeup because my sensitive skin is happiest when I leave it bare. So with only sometimes use, I think it will last a really long time. I downgraded my rating of the packaging only because the puff it comes with is pretty much useless and would be unsanitary after awhile. I apply mine with a fluffy brush instead.

I don't know what UD's secret is, but this is pretty much the only powder my skin can tolerate.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by OMG3kids

I love this product! Doesn't remove or smudge my makeup, but I really only wear moisturizer, a tinted primer, and a little bronzer or blush. I do have oily skin, though, so this is my new go-to product. Definitely makes my face matte, but not fake-looking. Can't see the powder; doesn't make me look white. Love it! Love the packaging! I wish it wasn't as pricey, but it seems like it will last a good long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

Very pretty purple packaging.. love the mirror, BUT DO not love how this looks on.. very sheer but still somehow seems to make my make-up look cracky. i even tried to apply it several ways.. PAT it on, BRUSH it on, Smear it on.. NO SUCH luck.. I hate how the powder is so stiff.. cause you can see the brown from my foundation coming off on this extremely ghostly white product.
only maintained my shine for about 30 minutes..
THE thin CHEAP puff is a downer.. unsanitary cause the bacteria can build up and its all over the powder..

ive used it probably 20x since ive had it.. and It will most likely go back.. probably switch it out with blotting papers from Palladio OR TARTE clay powder I read good reviews about..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MissB18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was gifted this product ages ago and really haven't used it very much in the past. I've kept it in my purse more so just for the mirror and emergency touch-ups but I've recently been trying it out as a setting powder after getting fed up with messy loose powders.
I'm absolutely blown away by the finish it leaves behind considering it's just a translucent powder. My face looks like flawless porcelain.
It seems to smooth out my liquid foundation perfectly to the point where I almost get a bit more coverage out of it and I'm not as concerned with looking cakey as I sometimes am when I use my mineral powder as a setting powder.
It absolutely controls oil and shine throughout the entire day, even after rushing around a muggy mall.
The packaging is gorgeous but heavy and the accompanying puff is utterly useless, though that's quite standard with most compacts.
My only gripe is that the product is so solid in the pan that using my MAC 187, which is my go-to powder brush, doesn't quite work. It doesn't pick up enough product so I have to use the same super dense flat top kabuki brush that I use for my liquid foundation for the powder. I'm then worried about rubbing my foundation off while trying to apply the powder. I end up stippling it on, which is fine, it just adds a bit more time to my makeup routine.
That mere annoyance aside, I'm so glad I decided to pull this out of my purse and actually put it to use. I highly recommend this powder and will most likely repurchase in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mattifying powder is awesome!! I have combination skin, so I really only get oily in my t-zone. I lightly pat/buff this onto my t-zone with a kabuki in the morning and my face stays shine-free for at least 8+ hours!! For me, that is unheard of. Usually by 3:00 my t-zone is super shiny. Now it's matte (but not too matte..it just looks like I have naturally perfect skin!!) I love that it's actually translucent AND that it doesn't give a white cast in person or on camera. I bought this after I realized my MUFE HD finishing powder gave me a terrible white cast on pics taken with a flash!! This does not and it keeps the oil away way better than the MUFE HD. Love the compact!!I highly recommend this! (Just fyi, this is also one of Carlene K's (Kristen Cavallari's MUA) favorites!