MAC Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

MAC Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Octinoxate 7.50% Water, Butylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, kaolin, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Yeast Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Lysine (amino acid), Tocopherol, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Lecithin, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbyl Palmitate (vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A), Caprylyl Glycol, Simethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Isostearic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens (all mineral pigments)

on 10/8/2011 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Not a good foundation for me I would suggest this for people with great skin because the coverage is extremely sheer, also it broke me out HORRIBLY at first I did not know what it was, but I noticed everytime I wore this my face would break out it, I mean into HUGE horrible pimples, so gross. I think the foundation is good for what it is but not for me.

on 10/4/2011 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like the coverage with this product and the finish is def something I was looking for in a foundation. However, it does clog my pores sometimes if I wear it >8 hours. I do like that it is long lasting but if you sweat even a little, it starts coming off :( I put YES that I would buy it again but it's definitely a MAYBE.

It wasn't for me.
This was my first foray into foundation, and I was a bit nervous spending money on something I might not use, but the assistants were helpful and let me try a few on. I opted for this one because the coverage was sheer and made me look healthy. I was also pleased that she found an ideal shade for my skin tone. I was initially very happy with the product. But our love affair was not to last.
This is foundation is not ideal for a combination or oily skin type. It felt quite sticky to apply, and even with powder to set it, the foundation became tacky after minimal wear..and felt plasticky on my face. The colour seemed to change after a while and became an orangey hue.
Its a shame because initially the effect was lovely, but I dont even think a drier skin type would do well with this because of the odd feeling on skin and colour changing.
On the hunt for a better foundation. Wont buy this again.

on 10/2/2011 12:01:00 PM

AVOID

Really bad MAC liquid foundation. I have mildly oily skin and this will literally slide right off your face after about 2 hours. The coverage is patchy at best. I'm NW25 and it seems particularly orangey...

MAC have some fantastic options for liquid foundation... this isn't one of them.

on 9/21/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am on my second bottle. I use this under loose powder. If you want to get the best coverage from this use a MAC 187 brush and buff this in to your skin gently. I get good coverage and it lasts all day i am really happy with it.

on 9/19/2011 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is a tinted moisturizer, rather than a foundation. It's application is very sheer. It is a good foundation when you don't need a lot of coverage but simply need a little support. It has a tinted pink pearlescent sheen that evens out skin tone and makes it look a picture of glowing health. An uncomplicated product recommended for young skins not showing signs of aging. I would not recommend it for oily or acne prone skin as it shows up bumps and it's coverage is not enough to hide uneven skin tones. Fabulous for dry smooth skin adding a healthy sheen. Feels OK on and perfect for people with unpretentious active lifestyles. It is great as a pick me up for an under foundation base layer, if you just want to add that extra bit of kick and illumination to your foundation. Perhaps this foundation should be called a tint rather than foundation, as then I would give it a 4/5, because it's performance is fit for purpose, in that it does not perform like a foundation, but as a tint, rather. Thumbs up from me though...

on 9/12/2011 1:28:00 PM

Sheer coverage, too much sparkle. If it was full coverage it could be my night out foundation, but for day, no, too much edwardian (if you speak twilightian, LOL!) glittery glow. Great packaging though!

on 9/7/2011 5:29:00 PM

i bought this product because i wanted a nice finish.
it spread really well. but it has a shiny finish. not dewy, shiny. even with powder over it, it still doesn't look quite right.
it came with a pump so thats a plus.
i use it up but not buy again.

on 8/22/2011 11:56:00 PM

I'll give this product a 4 because it can do wonders, but just not for my skin type (and that's my fault for getting a foundation that doesn't suit my skin type). Hate when people rant about a product not doing something it never claimed to do. The reason I didn't like it for my skin type is because the tiny light reflecting particles in it made my skin appear greasy. But it never claimed to be matte so I cant get mad at it for that. No matter how much powder I used I look would look shiny in fiive minutes, even if my skin didn't feel oily. I do have combination skin and get oily in the t-zone and this just made it worse for me. However, I could see how this could do wonders for dry or normal skin. It gives a luminous glow with decent coverage (light-medium). Also the color NC35 was perfect for my skin in all lighting. I have the worst trouble finding foundation that matches me, but this did a great job. It did seem to give me tiny bumps on my forehead. So for people with oily acne proned skin should be careful with this foundation. I would imagine other skin types would probably do great with it.

on 8/22/2011 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this so much, I have this in 2 shades, NC 40 (summer) and NC 35 ( winter) , I use the NC 35 the most, it's the perfect match.. Looks kinda yellow in the bottle and on my hand , but matches perfectly when blended.. It's sheer to medium coverage but buildable, and it has a glowy, dewy finish. This did not break me out.