November 25, 2014 | 1864 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Powder Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by LeehannahMitchell

I would recommend this brush to anybody, i personally only use it for powder foundations to "set" my foundation, and for that purpose it works wonders! I have seen a few reviews saying that it doesn't reach the hard to reach areas of the face for exmple under the eyes and eyelids, to overcome this i just gently hold the bristles of the brush closer together making a tip to apply underneth my eyes, i would rather do this than spend more money on another brush thats used for something so little! Overall this is a great brush for the purpose i use it for and highly recommend it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't really use this brush too much. It's a good brush, don't get me wrong! But I just don't have any uses for it... It's a bit too big for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Madeleinejane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love Ecotools! I have their retractable kabuki brush and the powder brush and I just bought their 6 piece eye brush set, and I can easily say that I am in LOVE! They are affordable and great quality and never EVER shed! And this brush is just fantastic! I used to use it for my Bare Minerals foundation before I got the kabuki brush, and It worked really well. Now I just use it for blush and bronzer, because I don't use powder and it is good for contouring. I am in love and recommend this to anyone, you won't be disappointed! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I dont know what more I can add. I picked this one up at big lots for $3 when I visited the US. Its soft, doesnt shed and hols up well to my rough washings.
I apply even my liquid SFF with this one when i am too lazy to look/pack another brush and woks wonderfully. Multitaskter in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by danielaortiz19

I hate this brush! I have all of the other EcoTools brushes and this one is horrible. The bamboo kabuki brush is way better for applying powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this every single day for over 3 years. I don't know what I'd do without it. I've tried other powder brushes since I bought this, but I always go back to this one. I just swirl the tip of the brush into pressed powder, then tap the tip of the brush onto my face. It works great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: Cheap, super soft, easy to find, and I do like the "floppy" quality of the brush. Powder brushes are not buffing brushes. You shouldn't be buffing your setting powder in anyways, it's just extra unnecessary blending that moves your foundation around. You should pack powder on using the sides of this brush and if needed, lightly brush off excess with the tip. That's why it's made floppy, so you cannot apply too much pressure and start moving things around.

CONS: This brush is way too big. It works fine for applying powder to cheeks, forward, etc, but for for small cervices like corners of nose, eyelids, under the eye, it just sucks. There is no way you can get powder there using the side of the brush. You can use the tip and try to "brush on" powder like with a foundation brush, but it's not the same. Also, the rumors about the brush being too soft to pick up some pressed powders are true! It just doesn't' grab them as easily. Go back for more, go back for more, go back for more... And you can't be swirling the brush into powder for more because the floppiness will just push it deeper in the bristles, wasting product. Also, if you wash this brush with shampoo it REALLY holds onto it. I thought I had rinsed everything out, and the brush was halfway dry, but I could push out some foam if I tried. Just a tip to be super thorough!

OVERALL: I don't know how this gets a 45/84% rating at all. It's merely an ok brush that works better with loose powder and is a bit big. Because it's big, getting to smaller places is difficult and that means you won't get much coverage. If you like light coverage, go for this brush but I like heavy, that way my foundation is LOCKED IN (like no touchups till I go to bed). Since it can't do this, it fails for my purposes. I've had mine too long to return, but I can use it to still sweep off excess or occasionally use it when I don't need much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Annskii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Ecotool brushes! I have a few and I haven't had any problems with any of them.
This brush is soft and great with my Mac Mineralize powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I only use this to apply a finishing powder to "seal" all of my makeup, but it works WONDERFULLY for said purpose! No shedding, holds its shape after washing, and distributes the perfect amount of powder on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this brush every day for applying blush or a touch of bronzer. I have had it for almost a year and it is still as good as when I bought it. I use it for blush because I am naturally a bit red, so I want my blush to be quite subtle (even after I cover the redness with foundation). For me, this brush delivers the perfect look, never makes my makeup look cakey, and cleans well. For the price, you definitely can't go wrong.