July 25, 2014 | 1704 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this every single day for over 3 years. I don't know what I'd do without it. I've tried other powder brushes since I bought this, but I always go back to this one. I just swirl the tip of the brush into pressed powder, then tap the tip of the brush onto my face. It works great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: Cheap, super soft, easy to find, and I do like the "floppy" quality of the brush. Powder brushes are not buffing brushes. You shouldn't be buffing your setting powder in anyways, it's just extra unnecessary blending that moves your foundation around. You should pack powder on using the sides of this brush and if needed, lightly brush off excess with the tip. That's why it's made floppy, so you cannot apply too much pressure and start moving things around.

CONS: This brush is way too big. It works fine for applying powder to cheeks, forward, etc, but for for small cervices like corners of nose, eyelids, under the eye, it just sucks. There is no way you can get powder there using the side of the brush. You can use the tip and try to "brush on" powder like with a foundation brush, but it's not the same. Also, the rumors about the brush being too soft to pick up some pressed powders are true! It just doesn't' grab them as easily. Go back for more, go back for more, go back for more... And you can't be swirling the brush into powder for more because the floppiness will just push it deeper in the bristles, wasting product. Also, if you wash this brush with shampoo it REALLY holds onto it. I thought I had rinsed everything out, and the brush was halfway dry, but I could push out some foam if I tried. Just a tip to be super thorough!

OVERALL: I don't know how this gets a 45/84% rating at all. It's merely an ok brush that works better with loose powder and is a bit big. Because it's big, getting to smaller places is difficult and that means you won't get much coverage. If you like light coverage, go for this brush but I like heavy, that way my foundation is LOCKED IN (like no touchups till I go to bed). Since it can't do this, it fails for my purposes. I've had mine too long to return, but I can use it to still sweep off excess or occasionally use it when I don't need much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Annskii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Ecotool brushes! I have a few and I haven't had any problems with any of them.
This brush is soft and great with my Mac Mineralize powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I only use this to apply a finishing powder to "seal" all of my makeup, but it works WONDERFULLY for said purpose! No shedding, holds its shape after washing, and distributes the perfect amount of powder on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this brush every day for applying blush or a touch of bronzer. I have had it for almost a year and it is still as good as when I bought it. I use it for blush because I am naturally a bit red, so I want my blush to be quite subtle (even after I cover the redness with foundation). For me, this brush delivers the perfect look, never makes my makeup look cakey, and cleans well. For the price, you definitely can't go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome .. cheap and super nice brush.. its soft and very good :P

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lizzieee007

Just a disclaimer: Mine fell apart after having it for a while.. I think I bent the ferule somehow because the handle and the ENTIRE chunk of bristles just randomly came off once when I was washing it lol! It stayed in perfect condition until that point but I thought this might be worth mentioning!
So, that aside, I really like this brush! It's as soft as those velvety body shop brushes and is one of the cheapest brush brands I've found in Canada! I find that even the best quality brushes tend to shed when it comes to big powder brushes but this one never did! Not one hair! So that's a huge plus. That's why it's the best powder brush ever. I can't think of anything bad to say about it. It's cheap, applies powder lightly and evenly and it's ecofriendly. (And easy to get in Canada! WHOO!) Even though it fell apart eventually I'll probably just buy another because they're fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very soft and dense bristles. I like the size of this brush and it is easy to wash and maintain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I was looking for a fairly inexpensive but good quality blush brush with synthetic bristles and ended up getting this by itself at Walgreens. I know they also sell this as part of a set so I don't know if the individual brush is any different. Anyhow, I bought the Mac 116, which is quite a bit smaller in size than this one but it sheds a little, which I wasn't so keen on. I also wanted to use it with cream blushes and I don't know about doing that with a natural hair brush that sheds a bit even with powder. This brush is rather dense with a head large enough to be an all over powder brush. The bristles are fine and very very soft. I really wish the head was maybe 1/3 smaller since I don't have a very big face and I would work with a smaller size head like the Mac 116. The only thing that makes it still work as a blush brush is that although it's rather large for blush, it tapers to a tip at the end so that you could easily just use the tip and blend out with the rest. The brush is well put together-good weight to the brush, the handle feels very sold, the connection to the farrel and bristles seems secure. I love how well this works with my cream blushes as well as powder. I would buy this again if I ever needed an extra.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Like most of Ecotools' brushes this is great quality for the price. It's sturdily made, and the bristles are soft. I've had mine for over a year and it hasn't shed or started splaying yet. It's a bit too floppy for anything more than a light dusting of finishing/glow powder, and that's what I use it for. Doesn't take forever to dry. Definitely worth being in anyone's beauty arsenal.