August 22, 2014 | 933 users online

Bronzers - TheBalm - Bahama Mama

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by flarriva

Like the color to contour, not as a bronzer. Very pigmented and cute package.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not sure how anyone can use this as a bronzer. It is quite a muddy shade with almost grey tones running through it. i would think it would make fair / light / medium skntones look like it needed a bit of a wash. It definitely is not the same shade as Benefits Hoola.

However for medium/dark & dark skintones its is a fantastic contour powder.

Very pigmented. For my cheekbones I use the RT contour brush and for nose the MAC Angled fluff brush which is great and then blend out with MAC 109. I dont think i would need to repurchase as I only use it for this purpose but if i had to i would

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lauramb122

I really like this Bronzer! I love almost all the products from The Balm! First off, this bronzer is very pigmented!!!!!!!!!! Like you legit, only need to lightly tap your brush into it! I don't think it looked orange at all nor muddy. I think if you go hardcore into this bronzer it might look crazy on your skin but if your gentle and take your time with it you will be happy with the results! It stays on for a while, the color is a nice deep dark brown kind of like Hula by Benefit, it's not overly expensive, and you can contour nicely with it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by jessface83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got Bahama Mama is a 3 set gift set at TJ Maxx. This is a nice, dark brown bronzer. I am NW35 for reference and I use this for a contour. I like it that way because as a bronzer it looks weird on me. Anyways, I also enjoy the packaging. It is sturdy cardboard that is easy to open and close. It seems small but a little goes a long way! Will repurchase when I run out, which will be a long time from now.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by JordyNicky

This bronzer is just ok, a little goes a long way. I will only use it for contouring as I have better bronzers.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this when Hautelook was selling it for half price. I am definitely not a fan of this bronzer. If you get even the slightest bit too much on your brush, you will look muddy. This is the first bronzer I have ever used that can look both orange and muddy at the same time. It is so weird! It is not very blendable either. I am not sure if my compact may have been damaged from heat during shipping, but it is really powdery. Even when I gently touch the product with my softest brushes, powder falls out. Needless to say, I find this bronzer to be overly hyped.

However, I can see that this could be decent for contouring for someone who is wiling to really take their time in delicately applying and blending it. I don't have five minutes to devote to bronzer alone every day....so it's a no-go for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by EmilyyGrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok. This is a tricky one and I feel about it the way I feel about my HG Kat Von D foundation. Great, phenomenal product. If you're willing to work with it. If you're not it's going to be one of the worst you've encountered (just like the foundation). I am pale. NC20, NC25-MAYBE NC30 in the summer. (maybe).

The packaging is beyond adorable. I'm not one of those hung up on packaging but TheBalm deserves recognition for it's adorableness. The actual product is smooth but if you swipe a brush across this, just once, you will pick up A LOT of product. I don't even want to think about what would happen if you swirled a brush in it. :::Shudders::. VERY pigmented. Very. I obviously cannot use this as a bronzer, (I use their Betty Lou-Manizer for that), but right now as a contour it is as good as it gets. My favorite ever was the MUFE sculpting kit #2 (discontinued) and this shade is very similar to that. It takes awhile to blend it out not going to lie. If I used the technique I do with my Hoola bronzer (swiping it once across cheekbones, temples ect), it would be a disaster. It takes A LOT of working in. But again, if you're willing to put the time in, even if you're fair skinned, go for it. If not, you will have wasted $20.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Hypnolove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually really love this blusher and its pref to the mac one I own. Highly pigmented and makes me look so nice and flush . For ref I'm nc40 . Love this blush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

Heads up: It's May 3rd, and this bronzer is on HauteLook today for $10!!! That's half-price. Normally, it's $20-so if you want it, grab it.

The quality of this bronzer is outstanding. It's nice and matte and soft without being powdery. If you have medium skin, it's the PERFECT contour shade.

I'm NC 25, so I find this ever so slightly too dark to look natural on me. Maybe when I have a tan it will work better. I got it when theBalm did 50% off everything on their website a few weeks back, so I'm not sorry I bought it at all. I use it when I do friends' makeup, and it looks beautiful.

I think if you're around NC30 or darker, this could be an HG bronzer for you. It's gorgeous and the packaging (like most theBalm products) is sooo cute. Perfect for those looking for a great contour shade of very high quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is terrible. Don't ever use it as a bronzer, and don't expect the 'sun kissed' kinda look. It's muddy and chalky. HOWEVER, this bronzer is matte, pigmented, and has cool tone. So I totally love this bronzer for contouring. I have nc40-42 skin tone, and this bronzer add dimension to my face naturally. So yea .. it's kinda love-hate product.