September 30, 2014 | 1028 users online

Bronzers - TheBalm - Bahama Mama

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by marianagallardo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use MAC NC30

Quick review:

-$13USD (Actually I live in Mexico so if you're wondering, I bought this at Kybela for $170 pesos).
-Packaging: Kind of fun and atractive, it have a drawing of a hawaiian girl. It is made of carboard & it stays closed by a magnet. It also have a mirror so it's quite handy and travel friendly for touch ups in the car or wherever you go.

NOTE: It have a slight green undertone (great for fair skins) but also an orange-y undertone (weird).

PROS:
-You only need a tiny bit of product to work with (make sure you take the excess of the brush) because it is HIGHLY pigmented.
-It will last you for ever in the pan so as in you skin. (I never had to touch up in 12 hours)
-Travel friendly because of the thinness of the packaging and the mirror.
-It photographs BEAUTIFULLY
-Never made me break out.
-Complete matte bronzer, no shimmer, satin, glowy finish AT ALL, PURE MATTE.

CONS:
-It looked kind of muddy on me but at the same time it oxydized within a couple hours, HORRIBLE!!!
-This made me look super dirty and cakey.
-Looks patchy on top of creamy products.

So... How am I going to use somthing that in person looks disgusting but photographs amazingly? STUPID.

I use this for my kit and let me tell you that maybe I can complain a lot about it but it looks BEAUTIFUL on darker skin tones (: My clients loves this but for me it is crap

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

I was overwhelmed by the reviews and immediately bought this product. Just after 2 days my skin started breaking out with this product. Tried this to contour my face but it seems like the color barely shows up on my skin I should have picked up something 2 shades darker than my skin (NC42 for referrence) either way im still giving this a chance but definitely will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by flarriva

Like the color to contour, not as a bronzer. Very pigmented and cute package.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not sure how anyone can use this as a bronzer. It is quite a muddy shade with almost grey tones running through it. i would think it would make fair / light / medium skntones look like it needed a bit of a wash. It definitely is not the same shade as Benefits Hoola.

However for medium/dark & dark skintones its is a fantastic contour powder.

Very pigmented. For my cheekbones I use the RT contour brush and for nose the MAC Angled fluff brush which is great and then blend out with MAC 109. I dont think i would need to repurchase as I only use it for this purpose but if i had to i would

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lauramb122

I really like this Bronzer! I love almost all the products from The Balm! First off, this bronzer is very pigmented!!!!!!!!!! Like you legit, only need to lightly tap your brush into it! I don't think it looked orange at all nor muddy. I think if you go hardcore into this bronzer it might look crazy on your skin but if your gentle and take your time with it you will be happy with the results! It stays on for a while, the color is a nice deep dark brown kind of like Hula by Benefit, it's not overly expensive, and you can contour nicely with it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by jessface83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got Bahama Mama is a 3 set gift set at TJ Maxx. This is a nice, dark brown bronzer. I am NW35 for reference and I use this for a contour. I like it that way because as a bronzer it looks weird on me. Anyways, I also enjoy the packaging. It is sturdy cardboard that is easy to open and close. It seems small but a little goes a long way! Will repurchase when I run out, which will be a long time from now.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by JordyNicky

This bronzer is just ok, a little goes a long way. I will only use it for contouring as I have better bronzers.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this when Hautelook was selling it for half price. I am definitely not a fan of this bronzer. If you get even the slightest bit too much on your brush, you will look muddy. This is the first bronzer I have ever used that can look both orange and muddy at the same time. It is so weird! It is not very blendable either. I am not sure if my compact may have been damaged from heat during shipping, but it is really powdery. Even when I gently touch the product with my softest brushes, powder falls out. Needless to say, I find this bronzer to be overly hyped.

However, I can see that this could be decent for contouring for someone who is wiling to really take their time in delicately applying and blending it. I don't have five minutes to devote to bronzer alone every day....so it's a no-go for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by EmilyyGrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok. This is a tricky one and I feel about it the way I feel about my HG Kat Von D foundation. Great, phenomenal product. If you're willing to work with it. If you're not it's going to be one of the worst you've encountered (just like the foundation). I am pale. NC20, NC25-MAYBE NC30 in the summer. (maybe).

The packaging is beyond adorable. I'm not one of those hung up on packaging but TheBalm deserves recognition for it's adorableness. The actual product is smooth but if you swipe a brush across this, just once, you will pick up A LOT of product. I don't even want to think about what would happen if you swirled a brush in it. :::Shudders::. VERY pigmented. Very. I obviously cannot use this as a bronzer, (I use their Betty Lou-Manizer for that), but right now as a contour it is as good as it gets. My favorite ever was the MUFE sculpting kit #2 (discontinued) and this shade is very similar to that. It takes awhile to blend it out not going to lie. If I used the technique I do with my Hoola bronzer (swiping it once across cheekbones, temples ect), it would be a disaster. It takes A LOT of working in. But again, if you're willing to put the time in, even if you're fair skinned, go for it. If not, you will have wasted $20.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Hypnolove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually really love this blusher and its pref to the mac one I own. Highly pigmented and makes me look so nice and flush . For ref I'm nc40 . Love this blush