November 27, 2014 | 1623 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this rather run-of-the-mill. It didn't give me any added volume to my fine hair. It wasn't sticky or gunky but wasn't volumizing. I like Tresseme's heat activated volumizing mousse much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by jsellers

I usually like John Frieda products and my hair is incredibly fine, so I decided to give this mousse a try. My experiences with mousses have generally been heavy, sticky, and counter-productive, so imagine my surprise when this actually worked!

I work this through wet hair and blow-dry with a round brush. The results are great! I had forgotten how much it made a difference until I skipped it yesterday and ended up with sad, flat hair. This mousse isn't sticky and does not weigh down my hair. It is a tad drying, but that's nothing a good conditioner can't fix.

Bonus: it's fairly cheap and I can get it at my local Walgreen's. Definitely recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by KatieStardust

This added a lot of volume to my hair, but unlike cheaper products, I think the key is not adding too much. I have to clarify often with this stuff though, because it tends to build up. The texture of the product is great and I love the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by alexis85

This mousse made my hair unmanagable when blow drying it with a round brush and it also took longer to dry. As for the volume I really did not see a difference it was heavy it was weighing my hair down.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by xlittlefoot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I combined this mousse with the corresponding shampoo and conditioner. I had read great reviews on this so decided to give it a go. Sadly the range does nothing for my hair apart from straighten it out. I usually have very curly hair when air dried but for some reason it was poker straight. On the plus side, my hair is very soft and has no frizz. On the bad, no volume and it killed my curl. Definitely wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mousse costs a lot and is no better than cheaper mousses.
I did not get significant more volume from using this product; so waste of money. Will certainly not buy again. Still searching for a miracle product that will actually really give me some more volume!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by myonliztar1

I have long, fine hair thats limp at the roots. This product didnt help with the volume, I tired it this morning and my hair looked the same way it always does...The mousse didnt feel sticky though, thats one thing I liked...but I wouldnt buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Lillianw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have wavy hair so when i don't straighten my hair i throw on some mousse from john frieda it looks great it dosent leave your hair hard like other products do. it smells good too..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 8:49:00 AM More reviews by heiress33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

omg omg omg
i bought this product just yesterday and i used it today after washing my hair with the john frieda luxurious volume shampoo and my response was OMG!!! this is the best product (for hair) i have ever purchased!! it volumized my hair like soooo sooo soo much that i HAD to use smoothing serum LOL, i totally did not think that id get such big hair from this and i dont have much hair either! i have VERY VERY fine hair! i would reccomend this product to everyone. go and get it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by beautyobsessed

I dont usually write reviews after the first try, however, after using mousses from high end salons to drugstore brands, this mousse really delivers. I have healthy normal hair and this product gives lots of volume without any stickiness. My hair is really full and bouncy. I don't mind spending $6 bucks for an "everyday mousse" if it gives me great hair. Highly recommended. Impressed. I wish I found this product sooner.