October 24, 2014 | 1807 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Based on reviews here I got the EcoTools travel set, which included the blush brush but with a shorter handle, which I find easier to work with anyway. Terrific brush, soft, doesn't shed. Although it does have a large head I find that I can control the application of blush by picking up just a little at a time from the blush container and building from there if necessary. Works beautifully for me. So far I like all the brushes I've gotten from EcoTools. But yes, the packaging is ridiculous. Rather than pull the brushes out by the bristles I just rip the package open and then throw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by cocoadolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My roommate gae this to me and I must say, I really like it. I do agree with one reviewer who says it may be difficult for a small face but I have chubby cheeks so it's perfect for getting right on the apples of the cheeks. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love ecotool brushes! They're really soft on the skin and good price too! :) I use this brush for shading, contouring my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't like this brush, too dense for good powder blush application. Does not pick up colour well partly cos its made of synthetic bristles but other synthetic bristle brush does much better... i suppose its good for a highly pigmented and dark powder blushes. Bristles are ok soft but not as soft as real techniques. Shape of the brush is ok, tapered.

In my opinion, there are much better blush brush within the same price/synthetic range.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

The brush works okay for both blush and powder, but it nothing amazing. Compared to the newer generations of super fine synthetic taklon bristles as seen in Sigmax and Real Techniques brushes, the bristles in this blush brush seems slightly rougher. The head of the brush is slightly flat and it comes to a point. However, it is way too big for use as a blush brush; the size is actually much better for powdering all over the face. I just think the bristles are a bit too dense and coarse for applying blusher, it does blend too well and some blushes can appear patchy. As a powder brush, it works okay especially for loose powder, not so much for pressed since its dense, but I still have other brushes that works better for setting powder. I just wouldn't recommend buying this one period, there are better alternatives even at comparable prices like those in the Real Techniques range.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by redrave1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have bought four of these brushes over the years (mainly because they come in many of the sets). Three have stayed in perfect condition, never shedding or changing their shape after being washed weekly. The other had the handle fall off from the ferrule. I glued it back on with no problem. Yes, it is a bit big for a blush brush. But when I want heavier blush application, highlighter, or to dust powder finish- this is my go to brush. Better quality than the higher end brushes I own. Soft and holds powder exceptionally well for synthetic bristles. A great cruelty-free option.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by aubloomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did buy this to use as a blush brush but cannot use it as one. So I guess as a blush brush it's really no good for me! It's way too big for my face to use as a blush brush. Whenever I use this, the blush just goes all over my cheeks no matter how careful I am. And I end up looking like a clown. So if you have a small face (I didn't think I did but guess it's down to that), then this really isn't the best blush brush (I prefer Bodyshop's).

BUT: This is brilliant as a powder brush. You can pack it up with product (I have only tried pressed powder so far) and spread evenly by patting the side of the brush on your face (rather than using the tip in a swirling motion). I heard that's how to do it as powder brushes are actually designed to brush excess powder OFF your face. So once I have buffed the powder in with the thick and wonderfully soft brush, I use it in the usual way to dust off any excess powder.

I also love that this is eco-friendly and handling this brush is a dream due to the bamboo. It's a lovely product.

So 4 lippies just because I can't use this as a blush brush, otherwise it would have been 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by danielaortiz19

This is the best blush brush I have ever tried! The bristles are so soft and it distributes the product evenl~y! Buy this

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Shaz809

Great brush! Soft, dense and very affordable. I sometimes use it for blush but my new favourite use for it is to set powder daily - for special occasions I use a cotton pad with a press and roll technique but for everyday use this brush is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

I love this brush! I've used it for blushes, mineral powder, and even as a buffing brush for liquid foundation. It works wonders, never sheds, feels amazing, and is Eco-friendly. I've bought several of them and will keep using them