July 30, 2014 | 1969 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Flawless, invisible finish!

Despite my notorious cheapness, Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish Powder has become an essential and permanent fixture in my little makeup box. :) It is worth every penny!

No more shiny face by mid-morning, even on sunny days... this powder has been consistent in keeping shine at bay and delivering a translucent, flawless finish, be it over foundation or even just my moisturizer. Love and will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Leeleegbb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok...I love this product....I use a light dusting at the end of the application after I have set the foundation. To set I am currently using RCMA's translucent, Ben Nye in Cameo, Banana or Camel.

I also use it on the eyes after putting foundation on and before eyeshadow and I have not had any issues with creasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by firefly93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Finely milled so will fill in all the pores/lines making your face appear younger
-Makes your face feel super smooth/ velvety
-Good setting powder for day time
-Does not cake up/ cling on to dry spots
-Does not break me out

Cons:
-Flashback in flash photography
-Packaging (wish there was a sifter on top so you can get some product out without having to dip your brush in the entire container)
-Not very good oil control~~need to blot face in 2-3 hours

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm on the fence about this. It has some great qualities, but some not so great qualities as well.

PROS
-Since this powder is 100% silica, it does not look like it's "sitting" on the face (AS LONG AS YOU BLEND IT PROPERLY AND APPLY SPARINGLY), nor does it exaggerate fine lines, pores etc. It is super soft and leaves a velvety finish.
- Even though it has no pigmentation, it leaves your face with a gorgeous satin finish, and seems to add an over-all soft-focus look to your face, blurring out imperfections.
-Talc free

CONS
-Doesn't really do much to control oil.
-It can very easily leave a white cast. You have to apply this VERY sparingly and blend it out well. I had it on for hours until I finally saw myself in proper lighting and realized my whole face looked extremely chalky. I recommend applying this in natural light.
-Difficult packaging

It's okay, but not worth the hype or the money. The jar has .35 ounces of product, making this $85 an OUNCE! Lots of other brands (such as Coastal Scents for example) sell silica powders that do the same job for much cheaper.

TIP: This isn't my favorite powder ever, but I do love it for setting under eye concealer because it does not settle into fine lines and seems to blur out any that I do have. To me, this is way better for under eye concealer than for foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by melinamarie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is not worth the price tag AT ALL. I feel like i have to put more product on my face to achieve the matte finish. It does not blend well at all, I am olive skin and you can tell when I am wearing this powder because it gives me a chalky look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been wanting to try this powder for a long time since I read so much good things about it. And it's really great! The packaging is awesome, there is an extra lid with a net inside which prevents spilling. It looks super white in the jar but is transparent and is leaves a velvety finish on my face. Good for oily skin, does not break me out. It smells kind of odd when applying, but not on your face. Definite repurcashe when jar is empty.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Holymacarony

This powder really make a difference, because it reflects the light so pores and blemishes doesnt show as much. The skin looks smooth and nice, and its a good way to take away shine as well. But I dont use this to much, because it is so expensive and other powders i have do almost the same. But this is for special events.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by thegoldengirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I reluctantly said that I would repurchase this if I ran out or lost it because for the most part that's true. I wanted a translucent powder that would keep shine at bay but NOT add more color to my face. This is that powder. Yes it's silica. Yes, it just glides onto the skin and doesn't sit in lines or pores (at least not for me). Yes, a little (and I DO mean a LITTLE) goes a really long way. Yes, it's been my experience that it does leave a white cast on your face, that really is only visible in pictures that use flash. If someone were looking at your (well my) face, they would see nothing, just a great shine free face. Pictures without flash are fine as well (in my experience).

So here's the deal with this powder. You HAVE to know how to use it, meaning application is most important, and that takes trial and error. I've found that big fluffy brushes are ok, but you want something a bit more dense and you want to really kind of buff this powder into your skin. Not hard core buff like you would do with your foundation, but definitely think flat top brush or kabuki, less big fluffy powder brush. I mean I know it's a powder, which would lead one to want to use a powder brush, but honestly something more dense would be your best bet.

The other thing that's trial and error is the amount. You really really do NOT need a lot of this powder, otherwise you WILL look white/pale/cakey.

ETA: I ended up returning this. It was just too messy and I found myself afraid to use it, just in case someone took my picture and I looked like a ghost. I'm using some of the Ben Nye powders to set my foundation instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by kellich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I live in south Florida (hot & humid) and my face is combination, acne-prone, and sensitive. Before trying this product, I used a MUFE HD foundation with MAC powder over it. I saw a smaller size of this available near the checkout counter at Sephora for $16 so I decided to try it because I suspected my MAC powder was making me break out. Now, this is my holy grail setting powder. It matches any skin tone because it is translucent. I find that it manages the oilier spots on my face and doesn't make the dryer parts stand out. It makes my makeup last all day (at least 10 hours) and keeps my skin looking flawless because it sets the liquid foundation very well. I like the packaging because I tap a little bit of the powder into the lid and use a big fluffy brush to apply from there. The smaller container I bought has lasted me almost a year and it looks as though I have used almost half of it. I definitely recommend this and will keep buying this myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first got this I didn't love it at all I hated it!,it gave me a white overcast to my face....but I kept giving it chances and reliesed it wasn't the product it was me I never blended it in properly you have to buff it in and it is just flawless!

PROS:
-not cakey
-makes my foundation stay in place all day
-makes my skin feel soft and smooth
-the small container last you about 6 months!

Cons:
-if you don't blend it in properly it makes you look ashy