October 1, 2014 | 1875 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

This came with my MUFE starter kit so I decided to test it out. I don't like changes and I've been happy with my Urban Decay All Nighter spray. I figured it might work best with the HD foundation since it did come in the kit. I have never used any sort of setting powder prior to this and this stuff is amazing! It sets my foundation way better than the All Nighter spray and I don't get any breakthrough oil. I don't need to blot and my face stays matte but a nice kind of matte. A touch of dewiness to make it look like my own skin. Looks like I have nothing on and it's the finishing touch to the already flawless looking HD foundation. It doesn't look cakey when I apply this and a little bit of this goes a long way. In comparison with the All Nighter spray, this sets my makeup and keeps me oil free a lot better! I won't be using the spray anymore.

EDIT (DECEMBER 15, 2013):
After using this for a while, it started to be the culprit of my breakouts. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I'm sure you could find a cheaper dupe for this (NYX has one) as it's just silica powder. I've been using the smaller size for 2 years now, every time I wear makeup and I don't think I'll ever get through it. I've used this on my whole face a couple times, but I prefer it for my under eyes. Although beware for flash photography - I had a picture of me with the powder showing up under my eyes.. not a good look. I must've been a little heavy handed. I like it for under my eyes because it's so finely milled so it doesn't cake up & it makes my concealer not crease. This is a staple in my makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm upset that I didn't discover this sooner! Gives such an airbrushed finish to the face, it's amazing! This product controls oil better than anything I've ever tried. You get a luminous glow yet it's matte at the same time (hard to explain). I have a mini size for my purse, I'm obsessed!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Coolnerdgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wanted to love it, unfortunately I do not. It leaves a chalky look to your face and it is literally awful to smell. I cough when ever I inhale after putting it on my face. Not very pleased, however it is very fine and silky feeling, I use it first becAuse it's so fine but I just set it with another powder after application. I wouldn't wear this alone because it makes me look pale, sick and chalky.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Flawless, invisible finish!

Despite my notorious cheapness, Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish Powder has become an essential and permanent fixture in my little makeup box. :) It is worth every penny!

No more shiny face by mid-morning, even on sunny days... this powder has been consistent in keeping shine at bay and delivering a translucent, flawless finish, be it over foundation or even just my moisturizer. Love and will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Leeleegbb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok...I love this product....I use a light dusting at the end of the application after I have set the foundation. To set I am currently using RCMA's translucent, Ben Nye in Cameo, Banana or Camel.

I also use it on the eyes after putting foundation on and before eyeshadow and I have not had any issues with creasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by firefly93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Finely milled so will fill in all the pores/lines making your face appear younger
-Makes your face feel super smooth/ velvety
-Good setting powder for day time
-Does not cake up/ cling on to dry spots
-Does not break me out

Cons:
-Flashback in flash photography
-Packaging (wish there was a sifter on top so you can get some product out without having to dip your brush in the entire container)
-Not very good oil control~~need to blot face in 2-3 hours

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm on the fence about this. It has some great qualities, but some not so great qualities as well.

PROS
-Since this powder is 100% silica, it does not look like it's "sitting" on the face (AS LONG AS YOU BLEND IT PROPERLY AND APPLY SPARINGLY), nor does it exaggerate fine lines, pores etc. It is super soft and leaves a velvety finish.
- Even though it has no pigmentation, it leaves your face with a gorgeous satin finish, and seems to add an over-all soft-focus look to your face, blurring out imperfections.
-Talc free

CONS
-Doesn't really do much to control oil.
-It can very easily leave a white cast. You have to apply this VERY sparingly and blend it out well. I had it on for hours until I finally saw myself in proper lighting and realized my whole face looked extremely chalky. I recommend applying this in natural light.
-Difficult packaging

It's okay, but not worth the hype or the money. The jar has .35 ounces of product, making this $85 an OUNCE! Lots of other brands (such as Coastal Scents for example) sell silica powders that do the same job for much cheaper.

TIP: This isn't my favorite powder ever, but I do love it for setting under eye concealer because it does not settle into fine lines and seems to blur out any that I do have. To me, this is way better for under eye concealer than for foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by melinamarie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is not worth the price tag AT ALL. I feel like i have to put more product on my face to achieve the matte finish. It does not blend well at all, I am olive skin and you can tell when I am wearing this powder because it gives me a chalky look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been wanting to try this powder for a long time since I read so much good things about it. And it's really great! The packaging is awesome, there is an extra lid with a net inside which prevents spilling. It looks super white in the jar but is transparent and is leaves a velvety finish on my face. Good for oily skin, does not break me out. It smells kind of odd when applying, but not on your face. Definite repurcashe when jar is empty.